Status: Book 1 of 4+

Alpha X

The Plan

Raviel rushed at Sirus, drawing his sword. The events in these last twenty-four hours were just getting to be to the point where all Raviel wanted to do was kill this kid. Sirus grabbed Raviel’s sword and broke it, snapping it in Sirus’s hand. Sirus kicked Raviel in the leg, sending a surge of pain through his leg and making Raviel lose his footing. Raviel tripped and slid across the muddy grass before quickly getting to his feet. Raviel quickly turned to see a lightning bolt, missing him.

Suddenly, the bright sun turned into a dark clouded sky with a high wind. Raviel looked around, finding a tornado starting to form in the city. Raviel looked at Sirus, whom seemed to be in control of the tornado. Raviel noticed a strange black tattoo running down Sirus’s arm, a tattoo that Raviel never noticed before. However, what made it strange was the fact that this tattoo was glowing brightly.

--------------------

“It’s not as hard as you made it sound, Mikoto-Ousama. It’s really a quite easy technique.” Jinsoku told Mikoto.

“Good, I knew you’d master it quickly. Find Hina, quickly. She is the last key to stopping the destruction.” Mikoto explained. Jinsoku nodded and ran off. Mikoto walked into a large building and started ascending the stairs.

--------------------

“My lord, are you going to be able to control such power in the boy’s body?” Hitsugaya asked, standing with Kobura. The two stood on top of a large building, overlooking the city. More importantly, they had a perfect view of Sirus’s rampage.

“Hitsugaya, you continue to question my judgment?” Kobura snapped back, without looking away from Sirus. “You have continued to fail me over the last few weeks. Quite frankly, I am wondering if I should simply let Sirus kill you.”

“You’re joking, aren’t you my lord? I’ve been loyal to you since the forming of the Band of Three!” Hitsugaya panicked.

“You know I never joke. You have failed time and time again.” Kobura looked at the door to the roof he is standing on. “You have one last chance, kill the girl. If you fail, I will personally kill you.” Hitsugaya glared at Kobura before jumping from rooftop to rooftop toward Hina’s home.

--------------------
Raviel charged at Sirus, feeling the strong winds of the tornado pulling Raviel toward the city. Raviel fought the winds for a few minutes before coming up with an idea to use the wind. Sirus shot a lightning bolt from his hand, which Raviel had to jump over in order to dodge. Raviel’s body was caught in the wind, pulling Raviel toward the tornado. Raviel used the speed he picked up to kick Sirus, using his own tornado against him.

Sirus flew backwards, about thirty feet, before landing in the mud and sliding another two feet. Sirus got back to his feet a lot quicker than Raviel expected, showing no sign of any damage at all. As Sirus got back to his feet, the weather changed from a tornado to a hailstorm. The hail was an average of about four inches in diameter and was dropping at, what Raviel estimated, sixty-five kilometers per hour. This was more than twice as fast as hail usually fell.

The hail sliced Raviels skin as it hit him, though nothing too serious. What wasn’t sliced by the hail was quickly bruised as the hail pounded down on him. Raviel needed to stop the hailstorm quickly before it could become a major issue. Raviel charged at Sirus, whom was getting back onto his feet. Raviel punched Sirus in the stomach before trying to follow this punch with another one to the face. Something in Sirus’s face changed; Raviel noticed that Sirus’s eye color changed as he looked at Raviel. Sirus’s eyes changed to a deep red color. Suddenly, it seemed like Sirus was in control of his actions as he blocked the second punch.

Raviel then felt himself lose his breath as Sirus kneed him in the stomach. Sirus followed this up by back flipping, knocking Raviel off his feet and onto the muddy ground. Raviel got to his feet as fast as he could before feeling Sirus’s right hand come across his cheek. Raviel felt his jaw crack as he spun off the ground and through the air. Something had taken over Sirus. Whatever it was, it was in complete control of him.

--------------------

Jinsoku traveled the alley toward Hina’s house as he noticed a shadow pass him. Looking up, Jinsoku saw Hitsugaya jumping across the rooftops, toward Hina’s home. Jinsoku went from a walk into a sprint, wanting to beat Hitsugaya to Hina‘s. Jinsoku turned a corner, entering a small, tight ally. Jinsoku used the two close building, jumping from wall to wall, getting onto the rooftops. Hitsugaya was four buildings away, only two from Hina‘s house. While he was faster than Hitsugaya, Jinsoku wouldn’t have the time to catch him. He just needed to get to Hina’s home as fast as he could.

Jinsoku jumped across the rooftops before landing inside Hina’s home, using the whole Sirus had made earlier. Standing in the remains of Akura’s room, Jinsoku looked down to see a site that made him nearly lose his stomach. On the floor was the corpse of Hina’s young son. Jinsoku didn’t see Hitsugaya or Hina immediately, so Jinsoku was on his guard. Jinsoku found Hina in her room, holding Akura’s bottle in her hand. Jinsoku wasn’t at all surprised to find the young woman crying. Jinsoku approached Hina nervously, knowing Hitsugaya could be anywhere.

“Hina… Are you okay?” Jinsoku asked, knowing the obvious answer. Jinsoku approached Hina before feeling a drastic drop in temperature. Jinsoku turned to see Hitsugaya behind him, in the doorway.

“What do you think your doing?” Hitsugaya asked.

“Mikoto-Ousama said that Hina will be able to stop Kobura’s plan, as I trust you know.” Jinsoku responded, readying his guard. Jinsoku was cursing himself, wondering why he told Hitsugaya this much. “I will lay my life down to defend her here if I must.”

“Do you even know how she is supposed to save him?” Hitsugaya asked. When Jinsoku didn’t respond, Hitsugaya began to explain. “Sirus is cursed. His curse feeds off [his] anger. When Sirus gets angry, this girl becomes his anchor and keeps his anger from shooting out of control. Kobura claims that Sirus has been using her as an anchor since they first met. In the instance when Kobura killed their son, the anchor wasn’t strong enough to keep Sirus’s anger under control.

“Someone needs to hit the curse with a strong de-cursing spell. The only problem with that, there is no human strong enough to break the curse with a single spell. Your king knows this, and hopes that his spell, combined with Sirus’s anchor being there with him during the spell, will be enough to pull him back. I was instructed to kill the girl. Kobura knows that such action will succeed.” Hitsugaya stepped into the room and then to the right of the doorway. “Take her to him, bring Sirus back, fuck with Kobura’s plans.”

Jinsoku stared at Hitsugaya. “What are you planning?”

“I’m planning on stopping my king. Kobura threatened to kill me if I don’t succeed today, and while I could easily succeed right now, the thought that runs through me is ‘what about next time?’. I can't have a leader like that. I have been his loyal follower since the creation of the Band of Three, and yet he treats me like a failure, and a traitor. So if that’s what he wants out of me, so be it.” Hitsugaya explained. Somewhere deep down, Jinsoku believed Hitsugaya. Jinsoku grabbed Hina and pulled her from the bed. Hina seemed almost lifeless, she had given up on everything. The only thing she had left was Sirus, and Jinsoku was going to make sure she got him back. Jinsoku approached the door.

“One more thing…” Hitsugaya started

--------------------

Raviel felt like he was going to throw up as he was punted in the stomach by Sirus. Raviel rolled in the mud, landing on his back. Raviel could barely stand. As Raviel feared, the hail was starting to become a major factor. Raviel looked over at his approaching foe. Sirus had a sadistic smile on his face, similar to Kobura’s smile. Raviel also saw the tattoo that was glowing earlier was now a deep black, as if it was sucking the light away. It was getting to be dark; the sun was fully setting now. With the dark hail clouds, it was getting hard to see.

Raviel struggled to his feet as he felt Sirus grab the back of his shirt. Sirus picked Raviel up with one hand. Raviel spun around, kicking Sirus in the face, causing Sirus to release and creating a bit of distance. Raviel took this time to charge at Sirus, kneeing him in the gut before dropping his elbow into the back of Sirus’s neck. Sirus landed hard on the mud as Raviel backed up. Sirus got to his feet pretty quickly; it almost seemed like Raviel wasn’t doing anything.

“Raviel!”

Raviel didn’t turn to the voice, as he couldn’t take a single second to glance away from Sirus. If he did, Raviel was going to end up like Karai, or worse. Raviel charged at Sirus, jumping into the air and kicking Sirus in the face, taking him down. Raviel used this time to check the voice that called to him. To Raviel’s surprise, Jinsoku was running toward him, Hina in his arms.

“Raviel, tag out. I’ll deal with Sirus. Take Karai and get out of here.” Jinsoku ordered.

“Why is Hina here?” Raviel asked.

“To help break Sirus of his curse.” Jinsoku responded. Jinsoku laid Hina down, whom watched from a few meters away as Sirus got back to his feet. “Go!” Jinsoku ordered.

Raviel grabbed Karai and walked off. Raviel couldn’t run, his injuries from Sirus were too much.

--------------------

“A hailstorm huh? It would seem your curse is bringing all of his power out.” Mikoto said, approaching the edge of the roof.

“Yes, just as I had believed it would.” Kobura responded.

“So this is how far he forced you to go? The curse mark that you set on him years ago?” Mikoto inquired.

“You knew this was coming, old friend.” Kobura answered, turning away from the battle. Kobura approached a chessboard that had a few missing pieces, and many out of place. “You honor me by keeping our game from nineteen years ago exactly as it was. Who’s move was it?”

“Mine I believe.” Mikoto answered, turning toward the chess board. Mikoto moved one of his pawns into position. “So is this how you always envisioned it?”

Kobura moved his queen over the pawn, taking it off the board. “No. In fact, this is even more beautiful.”

Mikoto placed his rook into a position two spaces away from Kobura’s knight, which stood between Mikoto’s knight and Kobura's queen. Four spaces above the rook was Kobura’s king, with nowhere to move. “Check.” Kobura moved his knight between the king and the rook. If Mikoto chooses to take the knight, Kobura will take the rook with a pawn. “It would seem your knight has just cost you your most valuable piece.” Mikoto said, almost tauntingly as he took the queen with his rook.

“So it seems.” Kobura replied, calmly. Mikoto stood and looked back at the battlefield. Mikoto was now able to see what looked to be Jinsoku fighting Sirus.

“It would seem our match is done for now, we shall finish this later. Nineteen years of planning, and yet nineteen years I have waited to stop your plan.” Mikoto said as he approached the door off the roof.

“Good luck.” Kobura said. Mikoto nodded as he left through the door. Kobura moved his other knight into position on the board. “Checkmate.”