Sequel: No Such Thing
Status: Fin<3

Her Eyes Say Yes

I'm a good girl, with a good heart

Screaming.

That’s all anyone could hear in the Blayne household. With a sigh, Ariana Blayne slid out of her bed and made her way from her basement bedroom up to the kitchen. “Well if you know what’s best then maybe you should take our good-for-nothing daughter and go live with your poor ass sister!” Richard Blayne screamed at his wife of almost ten years. Good-for-nothing, lazy, whore, slut, home wrecker. All words her step-dad tended to use to describe his “little girl”. Ariana grabbed a box of Frosted Flakes and a colorful bowl, along with the soy milk.

“No, this is my parent’s house! If anyone should leave it’s you, you lazy sack of shit!” Natalie Blayne screamed back. Oh, good retaliation Mom, not like we haven’t heard that one before. Ariana poured the milk into the bowl, added the cereal and then cut up a banana into the bowl before making her way slowly to the kitchen table. Before her step-brother had died, the family was happy. Her mother and father were always smiling, and Ariana always had little get together parties with her brother and their friends. That was years ago though, back when Ariana was just starting high school. Now, as a senior, she was lucky to get a simply “hey” from one of those people.

Sometimes, Ariana would remember days simpler, when it was her mom, real dad, and just her. Then, at six, her dad died overseas. Her mother remarried three years later, and Ariana adopted the name Blayne. When she was fifteen, her brother and some of his best friends where drinking and driving and hit a semi-truck head on. Blake was the only one killed, but the others had pretty good injuries. Ariana felt sick to her stomach when the memory of her brother in his casket came flooding back. She stood up, threw the bowl in the sink, and hurried to the basement bathroom, emptying the contents of her stomach. With a groan, she flopped herself back onto her bed.

“Work in two hours Ariana.” Richard shouted at the door after clearly calming down. Ariana slumped into the shower, putting her iPhone on the back of the toilet as she turned the water on scalding hot. She checked her twitter and a smile spread across her face for the first time all morning.

@TheOneToBlayme So is it true? You live in the same town as me? Reply asap. &lt;3

She sighed and let her fingers fly across the keypad.

@AlexAllTimeLow Good morning to you too, and yes I do live in the same town! Why, did you figure out who I really am? You’re probably wrong.

Alex Gaskarth and Arianna had been going back and forth since August of last year, when she tweeted a picture from one of his hometown concerts and he told her that he was going to be framing the picture because he looked too sexy to not frame. He, of course, had no idea who she was though, and that was fine for her. Little tweets here and then weren’t a problem for her.

@TheOneToBlayme Goodmorning beautiful, and no I have no idea. After almost a of this with you, I don’t know who you really are. What’s up?

@AlexAllTimeLow How do you know I’m beautiful? You don’t know what I look like. I could be a forty year old bald guy for all you know. Headed to work, you?


Ariana had to put her phone down and get in the shower. She let the fruity smell of her shampoo fill the air around her as she cleaned up from the dinner rush from working the night before. Greasy food was so gross to cook, but oh so good to eat. She stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her. It took moments to do her makeup, and simply wrapped her hair up in a towel.

@TheOneToBlayme I’d shit myself if you weren’t the cute eighteen year old you act like on here. Where do you work? Breakfast with my boys at Hank’s.

@AlexAllTimeLow I’d pay to see that. If I told you that I’d have to kill you. I love Hank’s. Tell him Cheeks said hello ;)

@TheOneToBlayme You know Hank? Holy shit, #onestepcloser

@AlexAllTimeLow Hardly. He’s already promised me to never to tell anyone who Cheeks is.
Gotta head out, talk to you later! xoxo

Holy shit. Alex was going to be at Hank’s. Ariana pulled on her skirt, polo and a pair of vans, biting her lip. It didn’t matter. To him, without him knowing the girl behind OneToBlayme, she was just another girl. Realization set in as Ariana blow-dried her hair, grabbed her skates and headed out to her little Volkswagon bug, not saying bye to either Natalie or Richard.

xoxox


“Ari!” Hank cried from the grill. Ariana smiled and waved shyly, her cheeks heating up a little. She peeled her shoes off and replaced them with skates before standing up and throwing the shoes in the pile behind the counter. “You gotta get your shoes home hun. What do you have left, one pair?” Ariana cracked a smile and rolled her eyes.

“I’ve got so many pairs of shoes it’s not even funny Hankie,” she grinned. He started to call her Cheeks but Ariana’s finger flew to his mouth. “No, you can’t say that today, at all! There’s a certain someone coming in and he can’t know anything about Cheeks!” Hank rolled his eyes and smiled, but nodded nonetheless. Ariana started running the food to all of the tables, taking orders and cleaning up, the normal, until HE walked in. Ariana could feel the tension in the room when the four hometown heroes walked into the diner.

One girl in the corner stood up and waved them over, Ariana following after they had been seated. “Hey y’all. I’m Ariana, I’ll be your waitress. Can I get you guys started on some drinks?” Alex was wearing a black To Write Love On Her Arms shirt and a pair of infamous skinny jeans, a beanie, and converse. There were the four All Time Low boys along with two girls and two other guys. Four Dr. Peppers, three waters and a sweet tea. Ariana slid behind the counter and pulled out her phone.

@AlexAllTimeLow I love that shirt you’re wearing. I have the exact same one but in pink. ;)

Ariana slid her phone into her pocket and grabbed the drinks. Alex seemed frantic as he looked around the diner, looking right through Ariana. Ouch, she thought with a smirk. Alex stared hard at one girl across the diner, who kept smiling at him. He turned to his phone, typed quickly and hit send. Ariana felt her phone vibrate right as she pulled out her order book. “Yall wanna order now?”

“More time please!” Jack bellowed and Ariana laughed and winked at him.

“Sure thing,” she smirked before turning away and taking her phone out.

@TheOneToBlayme Where the fuck are you. I’m serious when I say I want to meet you (:

@AlexAllTimeLow I’m not kidding when I say I’m right in front of your damn face. ;)


Ariana smiled and put her phone back, not noticing the drummer who took notice of this little move. She went back to her normal table waiting and slowly, very slowly, time ticked by. The guys eventually got up and left, without a sweet word to Ariana and only a tip of about three bucks. Forcing seven more hours out of herself, Ariana finally got into her car to head back home. There was a pile of shoes practically up to the ceiling in her trunk.

@TheOneToBlayme Do you know Janelle Sanders?

@AlexAllTimeLow Yep, going to her party tonight ;)

@TheOneToBlayme See you there then, sweet cheeks.

@AlexAllTimeLow No, you won’t. &lt;3


Ariana let out a small chuckle and drove home. The party was in two hours, which really meant she had an hour and a half to sleep and then two hours to get ready. Yeah, that was about right. Ariana pulled up in her drive, taking notice of her parent cars both being gone, and walked to her room, collapsing in a heap on her bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. Done. My layout editing thing isn't working, so this looks a little rough, I'll make it up to you guys though I promise. I hope y'all like it... and I hope the HTML codes work D: