Sequel: No Such Thing
Status: Fin<3

Her Eyes Say Yes

Gravity is working against me

“Ariana Grace Blayne.” Her name was called and she made her way across the stage, a smile on her face. She hugged a few of her teachers and the diploma was slipped into her hand. She had done it. She had graduated after all the mess she’d gone through all during high school. She went down the stairs on the other side of the stage, her heels clicking. In the last two days, her condition had gotten mildly better and the stomach aches had stopped. Her eyes scanned the crowd, as she remembered why Alex called her a few days ago.

He wasn’t here.

They were stuck in South Dakota when he called, and couldn’t make it home before her graduation. It hurt, sure, but he promised to make it up to her.

Blake was here though.

She could feel him in the large gymnasium, looking down on her and smiling that dimpled smile of his. Tears pooled in her eyes and she smiled softly up at the ceiling, remembering their last few days together.

“You’re never going to graduate,” fifteen year old Ariana teased as her brother hung his head at the big fat ‘F’ sitting on the top of his Econ paper.

“Shut the fuck up,” his matching blue eyes met hers and her breath stopped. Blake had never cursed at her, and with such hate dripping from his voice. His face softened at her expression and his let out a sigh. “I’m sorry, Ana…” He was the only one who called her that out of all the people they knew. It was his nickname for her and he threatened to kick anyone’s ass who took it. “I’m stressing, you know… They say that the last semester is the easies, but it’s turned out to be complete crap for me.”

“It’s okay, let’s go for ice cream.” Blake gave her a wicked smile and stood up, grabbing her and throwing her over his shoulder as they made their way to his car. He ran around to his side and jumped through the window, starting the car. Ariana giggled and adjusted her shoe strap, letting out a series of screams when Blake forced the car twenty miles over the speed limit in their little neighborhood. That was Blake. Fast cars and freedom made up the boy Ariana considered her brother.

“What did you get on your AP American history exam?” Blake’s eyes turned to her and she bit the inside of her lip, feeling guilty for doing better that her brother when he was a junior and barely passed the class.

“I’ll finish the year with an 89… Ms. Stanhope won’t bring it up, but I got a five on the exam.” Blake let out a deep blow of air, shocked.

“You’re going to graduate top of the class.”

“No, I’m feeling more like a top ten kind of person,” she teased, “What are your plans for graduation?”

“Party at a friend of a friends,” he grinned.

“Can I c-“

“No, I’m going to drink that night Ana, and I don’t trust myself to be a responsible older brother while I’m drunk.” The fifteen year old whined a little bit, and in return, got her ice cream shoved up her nose, both of them ending up in hysterics by the time they got back home.


"Now grads, if you will, please stand." Ariana beamed as they all stood up and on the count of three, threw their caps into the air.

xoxo


"Congradulations Ariana dear!" Her grandmother hugged her tightly, Ariana smiling and saying a soft thank you.

"You've grown so much, tyke!" Her grandpa grinned.

"Thank you Papa, you too Gram." She gave them both a kiss on the cheek and mingled around the room, a Sprite in her hand. Sure, there were invites to go to parties, but she wanted to just be with family for a while. Besides, the anniversary of Blake's death was in a few days, so she felt like being with family would make her feel better. Huge arms found their way around her waist and she smiled softly, knowing it wasn't Alex. She turned around and hugged the much taller and broader guy around the neck.

"Congrats," James grinned and Ariana smiled brightly.

"It's great to see you again, and thanks. How's your dad?"

"He's great actually. They found out what was wrong, and now he's doing come chemo to help battle it." Ariana nodded.

"That's great to hear, really. Would you like something to eat?"

"No, I've already loaded up on your aunts salsa. Your family is great, by the way." Ariana laughed softly. If only he knew.

"We try," she teased as they walked to the kitchen, talking rather animatedly.

"Where's Alex?" James noticed the look of hurt on Ariana's face. "Oh, sorry if you don't want to ta-"

"He's right here!" A voice shouted and Ariana spun around from James, a smile growing instantly on her face at the sight of him. "Hey baby," he grinned and that was all it took for her to wrap her arms around his neck and press her lips to his in front of everyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, ooh, ooh! Good guesses everyone but it's still a secret! <3 Love you guise thoughh :) I'm going to the mall with some friends so I'll update again when I get home, since I already have it written ;) Byeeeeeee