Sequel: No Such Thing
Status: Fin<3

Her Eyes Say Yes

Oh gravity, stay the hell away from me

“Well,” her mother stressed, “What happened?”

“You see, Mrs. Blayne… Your daughter was pregnant.” Was. She was pregnant. Alex’s ears started to ring and his blood sped through his veins and his breath caught in his throat. Kara set and arm on Alex’s shoulder and put her other hand over her mouth. Alex remembered the pain from the days before he left on tour. The doctor’s voice turned quiet. “However, the embryo attached in the lining of her fallopian tubes rather than her womb. We call this an ectopic pregnancy. She was on birth control, but the medicine from her last visit pretty much eliminated any amount of hormone-inbalance. In some ectopic cases, the embryo just passes eventually due to a deficiency in nutrients that it can only get while developing properly. The embryo continued to grow until it finally just burst the fallopian tube on the right side.”

“Oh my god,” Kara breathed and Rian wrapped an arm around her.

“This caused massive internal hemorrhaging, which made her go into shock. You’re very lucky she was brought in right after it happened. We had to perform a laparotomy, which is a vertical cut from the pelvic bone to the naval, or belly button.” His volume grew for everyone around the room to hear. “She’s fine now and can have visitors, but she’s asleep. Don’t be alarmed, though, because she’s hooked up to a lot of machines.” The doctor turned to take her parents back first. Alex wanted to see her so bad, but he knew the family would want to see her first, so he simply sat in the waiting room for his turn, wanting to go last.

“Are you the one who brought her in?” A nurse asked softly. Alex was the only one left who hadn’t seen her. He nodded, his eyes burning from the lack of sleep he’d endured. “You can come on back.”

xoxo


Alex felt a small hand running through his hair as he sat, hunched over in a chair, with his head against a hard bed. He lifted his head and his brown eyes met gorgeous blue ones. “Hey,” Ariana croaked. There were dark marks under her eyes and she looked very pale, but still beautiful to him.

“Hey,” Alex smiled and kissed her fingers.

“What happened?”

“Well,” Alex cleared his throat, “You were pregnant,” her eyes widened, “but the baby wasn’t where it should have been, and the tube ruptured, and you had internal bleeding,” he drabbled on and on, Ariana not bothering to stop him. She tried to sit up, but felt a pull in her lower stomach. She pushed the blanket down and pulled her hospital gown up, no shame in front of Alex. It could be blamed on the medicine too, however. She ran her finger down the staples in her lower stomach, tears filling her eyes.

“I’m sorry Alex,” she sniffled, feeling absolutely disgusting. Alex shook his head and took her hand, kissing her fingers.

“It’s okay Ari,” he breathed, just glad she was alive.

“No, it’s not okay Al, you don’t know the truth. Hand me my phone,” the tears spilled from her eyes and she felt a knot grow in her throat. “I can’t keep doing this to you, and I have to tell you everything.” She opened her twitter, still dazed slightly, and faced the phone towards Alex. His face slowly fell from the soft smile to a pained expression. There were so many things he’d told TheOne, after knowing her for a year, that he didn’t want Ariana to know yet.

He was torn in two over what to do. She was fine now, and it was him that was hurt.

He made his decision.

“You’re her?”

She nodded her head once, gazing up at the guy she'd come to love.

"Yeah, I am." She croaked and he flew from his seat.

His face was filled with rage, confusion, betrayal and so many more emotions.

"You're kidding me." She shook her head at him, tears threatening to spill over.

He started for the door.

"Alex wait!" She cried but when he turned around, the look in his eyes caused her to freeze.

"Fuck you Blayne." He hissed and slammed the door behind him.

&lt;3
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you guys so much!! &lt;3 The sequel will be coming. Just so you know, I've had a very hard internal struggle over posting this &gt;&lt; hope you like it.