Sequel: No Such Thing
Status: Fin<3

Her Eyes Say Yes

I worry, I weigh three times my body

“Was it good?” Alex smiled, motioning to the lasagna and French bread in front of Ariana, who smiled and rolled her eyes.

“Yes Alex, your Italian food was exquisite,” she put extra emphasis on the word Italian and took a small sip of her white grape wine. “And the wine is great for being non-alcoholic.” Alex smiled and picked up his plate and went for Ariana’s. She pulled it back and stood up, following him into the kitchen.

“Well I was driving, and didn’t want to drink and drive.” Ariana bit her lip, thinking about her brother, and then slid her plate into the sink. Being four years older than Ariana, she didn’t expect him to even know about her brother. “A friend of a friend of mine drank and drove after I graduated. He was leaving a party at Jack’s house and… well, he never made it home. I don’t remember his last name but his first name was-“

“Blake.”

Alex’s eyes shot to Ariana’s and his mouth fell agape. “Yeah, how’d you know? He was riding in the car with Robbie.”

“No, Blake wasn’t riding. Blake drove. He was my brother,” a small, forced smile covered Ariana’s lips as she put her plate under the sink and washed it off with a small sponge, doing the same to Alex’s. “Until Janelle’s party, I had hardly talked to Robbie since the accident. Once at the funeral, and then whenever Janelle asked me to tell him something directly. At Janelle’s party though, things came out and we resolved everything. My brother’s in a better place, but there’s no doubt he did something stupid to get there.” Alex nodded, not really knowing what to say. Ariana’s eyes drifted to a picture of a younger Alex and an older boy who had the same eyes, hanging on the wall.

“I had a brother too… He took his own life though… Stupid, just like drinking and driving, but he had a choice to stay or go.”

“So did Blake. He made the choice to drive while intoxicated. Let’s get off this subject, okay?” She gave Alex a smile right as two small paws found a place on the back of Ariana’s calf. She smiled and reached down to pick up Sebastian, standing up and cradling the Papillion in her arms. “Gosh I love him so much! He’s so adorable.” Alex glared playfully at the dog in Ariana’s arms. “I’m finding it hard to choose who’s more adorable though, him or you,” she winked at Alex and walked out of the kitchen, butterflies fluttering in her stomach as Alex’s hand found the small of her back.

“And why can’t you choose? I’d think it’d be pretty obvious,” he flashes his signature smile.
Ariana grinned up at him before taking a seat on the love seat and setting Sebastian on her stomach. “Well, Sebastian has that puppy-face, and he gives really good kisses.” The couch sunk down on Ariana’s right as Alex sat down.

“I bet I give better kisses than my damn dog,” Alex pouted and Ariana glanced over, cocking an eyebrow. “And my face is much cuter than his, and I’m pretty sure I make a much better cuddle buddy than him.”

“Oh I don’t know… that’s some tough competition.” Ariana smiled as Sebastian’s tail started to wag and his lapped at her cheeks. When he stopped she looked back at Alex. “You see that, those kisses would be hard to beat.”

“Oh yeah?” Alex brought his face closer, cupping her chin and smiling at her, their lips inches apart.

“Yeah,” Ariana breathed against Alex’s lips. A smirk crossed his features and he pressed his lips to Ariana’s. Her heartbeat quickened and her face flushed. Alex Gaskarth was kissing her. Their lips moved in sync and his tongue danced over her bottom lip, begging for entrance, which she denied. He smiled against her lips and she returned it, letting out a tiny giggle. He rested on hand on the side of her face, the other finding her left hip and pulling her closer. Ariana had to break the kiss to breathe, but upon looking at Alex’s face she pressed her lips to his again. It felt as if fire ignited from within as Alex grabbed her belt loops in each of his hands and pulled her into his lap. She was facing him, straddling his waist as they kissed.

Ariana knew they’d have to stop eventually, but it just seemed too good to be true to stop right now. Alex’s hands danced up and down her sides and finally stayed firm on her hips. He detached their lips and started kissing her jaw, leaving gentle kisses down her neck until her reached her collarbone, nipping at the skin there softly. Ariana couldn’t help but moan softly, practically floating on Cloud Nine over this whole instance. Ariana’s lips found Alex’s again and their session continued, lips melding together and tongues fighting for dominance.

Neither one noticed the sound of the key in the front door, nor the two pairs of footsteps that had made their way into the house. Alex’s fingers tightened on Ariana’s hips and he pulled her closer to his chest, both smiling in the kiss.

“Alexander William!” A shrill voice shouted. Alex and Ariana both jumped apart, lips red from the ferocity of each other’s kisses and looked towards the door to see Alex’s parents. His dad was wearing a cake-eating grin and, upon seeing it, his mother proceeded to smack the man in the stomach.

“Sorry mom, we were just on our way out! This is Ariana. Ariana, my parents.” He pulled Ariana off the couch and shot passed his parents, Ariana barking a hello and an apology before being pulled from the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Forgot to mention, the titles are from John Mayer songs. Thanks so much to my two recent commenters! Woohoo! Chapters 1-7 are from Shadow days and this one is from Clarity, both songs I love. I'm starting to like this story. At first I was thinking it wasn't going to get anywhere but now that I've got everything figured out, y'all are in for a treat! I love you guys!! <3