Status: complete.

Kiss With a Fist

Blood sticks, sweat drips

You hit me once
I hit you back
You gave a kick
I gave a slap
You smashed a plate
Over my head
Then I set fire to our bed


I don't know how else to describe it except to call it a cosmic attraction perhaps. Except in the cosmic sense, I couldn't help but feel instead of an attraction, we were destined for a collision. I suppose that perhaps deep down it was the attraction that brought us together in the first place, something that was bound to become fatal.

I can't express the occasionally surge of red that courses through my veins as buttons are being pushed and cruel words exchanged. At one point they hadn't been so bad, but in time those words had knew to how to stick like glue, laced with venom. I didn't understand how a person could get under my skin so much, how my eyes would be filled with red and the sound of hands slapping against faces could be heard as they echoed off the walls.

How the sound of any breakable object could be smashed into a million pieces, angry voices never faltering. It was like we couldn't have love without the anger, passion without the hostility. Was it possible we thrived out the animosity? No matter how many times we had thrown a punch, given a kick, a slap for slap, we'd still be in the same spot after it all. Like magnets, we couldn't be pulled away without finding each other again somehow.

It was almost ironic how love could bring out the side of you you never knew existed. How it could trap you into a never ending spiral. If you think about it, love can be cruel in so many damn ways, it is just covered up and masked by what we're supposed to believe love is.

And even though she drives me absolutely crazy and given me countless injuries, and even broken bones, or if I had returned the same, I still couldn't ever picture myself without her. Her undeniably stubborn and sadistic ways of life infatuated me like other, perhaps because I was the same way after all. We live for the drama, we live for the pain. It's our thrill, our wonder, our will, and way home. It's all we've ever known I suppose.

It probably wasn't a good thing that the both of us currently sat on the cold cement steps in the middle of the lawn. The smell of ashes and smoke rafting through the air as men in yellow coats rush by in a hurry, followed by the flashing red and yellow lights. I feel her gaze on me and I look up to meet her eyes, despite her usually defiant demeanor, there's a small glimmer of apologies in her emerald orbs. Of course like the fool I am, it doesn't take long for those orbs to reel me back in, causing a small content small to spread across my face, despite it hurting a bit from the bruising on my lip.

After all, a kiss with a fist was better than none. When I look away from her, I see two fireman walking by us, carrying our now burnt mattress in their hands, a pissed off look clearly visible in their stare while we both looked down in embarrassment.

I guess we really did it this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this while randomly listening Florence + The Machine, it's just a drabble...it's all fiction :P just random words put together. Enjoy.