Status: Completed

So, Long Live Us

I'm gonna break down these walls I built around myself.

This isn’t one of those stories where the girl has the perfect life, perfect family and perfect boy. My life is far from perfect and I haven’t even got a boyfriend. I only sit crushing on my older brother’s best friend and even he isn’t perfect but he’s perfect enough for me.

The only perfect thing in my life is mine and my brother’s relationship. I love my brother with all my heart and I would literally die for him. He would do the same for me. We used to hate each other children but then family life started to get hard and we had to be strong for each other.

Our mother and father work in big businesses, meaning they are hardly ever home. Myself and my brother have to fend for ourselves and we do it together. We do love each other and I talk to him about anything.

I haven’t even introduced myself properly. Maddison Barakat. 5’7. Blonde hair. I wear glasses, like my brother, but I mostly wear contacts. My brother’s name is Jack. His best friend since he was little is Alex. You could say I was close to him too, seeing as I was Jack’s little sister. Jack is in a band with Alex and 2 of his other best friends, Zack and Rian. I always go on tour with them when they do. I have seen every show and I get on with all the boys really well.

Jack and I have always been close but I guess it really kicked in that we needed each other around 10. I’m 17 and Jack is 18. It’s a good age gap and we both do the same level classes. I inherited my father’s intelligence and Jack inherited the good looks from our mum’s side. I also inherited the blonde hair where Jack had black. It used to be a brown colour but he’s dyed it so many times I don’t really know what it would naturally be now.

We both go to high school but when on tour we are all taught by the same tutor. I just took the same classes as the boys because it would be so much easier and I don’t exactly hate them either. At least I’m getting the grades.

Jack would never leave me at home on my own when he goes on tour because in all honesty, we couldn’t be away from each other for that long. I do love my brother.

And yes, I do have a crush on Alex. I have ever since we were younger. I don’t exactly remember a time when I wasn’t crushing on him but of course I could never admit that to anyone. I don’t really have my own friends. My friends are kinda Jack’s friends. I always think that I annoy them but I think they are just too nice to say anything to me. Oh well, I’ll live with it.

“Jaaaaackk, Hurry up you puffball! We need to go to school” I say, impatiently waiting at our front door with my bag on my back. I straightened out my tank top and pulled up my skinny jeans. I look down at my messy converse and decided this was going to have to do for today. My hair was straightened and fell just below my shoulders.

Finally Jack comes flying down the stairs. “Finally ready” I say, opening the door.
“Okay Kiddo. I needed to finish my hair” Jack says as we make our way out of the door. We only lived 5 minutes away from school so it wasn’t that much of a walk. “We have practice tonight. You coming?”
“When have I never not come to a practice?” I say laughing.
“I know, you’re a good little fan aren’t you” Jack ruffles the top of my hair. I smooth it back out and hit him lightly on his arm. I could never do much damage as I was kinda weak and I didn’t want to hurt him anyway.
“How’s the guys anyway?” I ask him.
“Well Alex had a date on Saturday night and Rian and Zack went to some party somewhere”
“Oh right, who did Alex have a date with?” It wasn’t as if I did actually care. I just wanted to be a little nosey.
♠ ♠ ♠
It will get better, I promise. I will try to make it better! let me know what you think.