Status: Completed

So, Long Live Us

I've got nothing to show for these dead end dreams

I pulled away from Alex's soft lips slowly. I didn't want to but I needed air. "No fair! I was having fun." Alex whined. I was now sat on Alex's lap facing him.

"Do you not think I was having fun too? I still need to breathe, Alex." I laughed as Alex pulled a frown. "Are you trying to make me feel bad?"

"That I am Miss Barakat." Alex laughed softly to himself and I just smiled at him. I wanted time to stop. I lost my mind when looking at him, looking in his eyes. "You're beautiful." Alex spoke so very softly. I began to blush as I felt my cheeks become warm. "Every time I have ever kissed a girl after I kissed you at the party, all I could think about was your lips against mine. Where they are meant to be. I just don't know why it has taken me so long to realize that I have wanted to be with you for so long."

"You don't know how long I've waited for you to say that to me, Alex."

"I'm sorry."

"Shh, don't be sorry. You have nothing to be sorry about. You're here now and that's all that matters."

"How did I get something so perfect?"

"I'm far from perfect, Alex."

"You've always been perfect." I began to blush and looked down as my cheeks were burning. Alex placed his hand softly on my chin, pushing my face up so I had to look at him and his beautiful chocolate eyes. "And remember it, even if I don't tell you. You are." And with his last breathe he pushed his lips against mine, moving his hands down to my waist. I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Everything was perfect, everything felt perfect. Of course, it being my life something had to go wrong. Alex began to move his hand down my back further and further. I didn't pay much attention until he moved it back up, reaching for the zipper of my dress. I pull away swiftly and looked at him. "No." I said simply. I was hyperventilating. What the fuck did he think he was playing at?

"What?"

"This?" I jumped up from his lap and brushed off the sand off my body.

"Oh, come on. You said you love me."

"And I do but doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with you, and I'm certainly not going to sleep with you on the first day. Is that why you loved Lisa so much? Because she was easy?"

"Don't you dare talk about her like that."

"Like you give a damn what I say about her."

"I do. I may of chosen you over her but damn, she was nice."

"Not to me!"

"What?

"When you was with her, she was threatening me. She was telling me to stay away from you. She didn't like our friendship."

"Is that why you was so distant?" I nod softly.

"Why do I not believe you?"

"What? You don't fucking believe me? Are you kidding me?"

"You know the way back right?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, but why?"

"Have a nice walk back, Maddison. This date was going so well and you bring up bullshit."

"You're leaving me here?!"

"Yes, you said you know the way back. I don't think I can be in a car with you right now, I don't know how I feel."

"You said you loved me." I shook my head. Alex was leaving me on a beach on my own? That wasn't Alex. "You've really changed since her."

"Maybe you're the one that's changed." He hopped into his car and just like that he drove off, leaving me on my own on the beach. I blinked a few times as the tears rolled down both my cheeks. My tears mixed with my mascara that was now dripping down my face but no matter how much he had just hurt me, I still wanted him. How could that even be possible?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't written in a while but I'm sure I'm gonna be writing a lot in the summer holidays as I break up from school tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed it.