Status: Completed

So, Long Live Us

And you can tell me that you're sorry but I don't believe you

The problem, no matter how much I tried, I couldn't come to terms with hating him for what he's done. I couldn't, I still love him.

He's still the guy that came home with Jack that night, the first day of Jack's kindergarten class. I fell instantly for his big, brown, chocolate eyes. That beautiful blonde hair he had at his young age. Over the years I've just fallen even more head over heels with this boy and I really thought that this time he was going to catch me but instead he just let me crash to the floor.

I was sat on the hotel bed, wrapped in Jack's arms. The crying had come to a slow stop but I was still sniffling. "He's a dick." Jack said as he began to stroke my hair.

"He's wrapped up in her lies." I hid my face in Jack's chest. I didn't want to see anyone or do anything apart from be with Jack and let him comfort me.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I never thought he was going to do that. He's suck a idiot."

"Jack, promise me something..."

"What, what's that?"

"Don't give up anything with Alex for me. You've been friends for ages and I don't want to come in between that. I shouldn't ruin a friendship." Jack sighed as I finished my sentence. "Please Jack, you two are so close!"

"But, he hurt my baby girl. My baby sister, he hurt you!"

"I know he did, Jacky. And yeah, I've cried too many tears over fucking Alex Gaskarth and there's probably millions more to cry. I just really can't help it. He's perfect for me in a strange way."

"I won't push him away but I'll be mad at him for a while, he hurt you and that's not okay with me, Maddison."

"Well, I can live with that." I said softly as Jack kissed the top of my head lightly.

"You're always gonna be too good for that boy, you always have been." Jack whispered as I looked up. I don't think I was meant to hear it because Jack tensed up once he clocked on that I heard.

"What do you mean?"

"You're always so caring. You never put yourself first. it's always others. You waste your mornings help Alex not get detentions so he wouldn't bail on the band. You made those books for us just for the sake of it, for making sure memories would stay with us. You help the band with everything. Alex is the complete opposite." The tone in his voice was suddenly raised. "He's always first in his world. He left you there like he didn't care. He takes you for granted and I just want him to realize that if he lost you, he would be lost. He wouldn't have anyone that cares about him as much as you do, which is true." Jack shook his head. He was angry at Alex and anyone in this room would be able to tell.

"Jacky." I say as I hug him tighter. I knew he cared, any normal brother would.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm probably going to be writing a few chapters to fill in the time while I'm working on coursework over the summer and where I'm out. So here, have another small chapter.