Status: Completed

So, Long Live Us

I swear to you, I'll be there for you.

I sat in the bathroom with the door locked, a letter addressed to me in my hand. It was sent to me the day I left for tour for the second time. 2 weeks I've had this letter and I haven't opened it. I didn't want to. No matter what it said, it was going to change my life. It would have an effect on my future no matter what it said.

I applied for some colleges a year early. The high school said I could if it was going to help my future and I was getting the grades in order to graduate early.

I never told Jack about it all. He would just tell the boys and they would try to make me stay.

This letter. It was from an amazing university in London. London College of Communications. It was so hard to get in to. I sent a portfolio, most of the pictures that I took of the boys.

Now was the time. I carefully opened the letter slowly. I slipped the letter out of the envelope.

"Dear Miss Barakat, Blah de blah, you've been... ACCEPTED. I GOT ACCEPTED!" I began to scream, jump and dance around.

Suddenly my mood was dampened. I had to leave Baltimore for 4 years. Sure, I'd come back on holidays and stuff but I was gonna be away from Jack for ages. I'd knew the day would come when we both wouldn't be together but I didn't think it would be this soon. I heard the door shut and the room was filled with two voices. Jack and Alex. Good, at least they were both here.

I walked out with the letter in my hand. Jack automatically saw it. "What's that?" He asked.

"I need to talk to you, Jacky."

"About?"

"Just, both of you sit down." Alex and Jack sat down on Jack's bed as I stood in front of him. "The high school has been helping me for a few months get portfolios finished, applying for colleges-"

"Woah, applying for colleges?!" Jack asked.

"Jack, let her finish" Alex said as he looked back at me.

"I applied to a few and well, this letter is an acceptance letter." I say as I slightly wave the letter in the air.

"To where?" Jack asked. You could tell he was dreading the answer.

"London College of Communications." I gulped. I didn't want to tell him the answer.

"How long in the course?"

"4 years. I'll be coming back on breaks!"

"Why didn't you tell anyone?!"

"I was scared."

"Of what?"

"Making it real that I'm going, not wanting to leave you."

"I'm happy for you, Madds! I want you to do what's best for you! Of course I'm going to miss you but this day was gonna come sooner or later. You always had the brains. What are you studying?"

"Digital photography."

"There's my sister." He said as he hugged me.

"I promise I'll come visit."

"When do you leave?"

"In the summer."

"That's about 2 months." I nod. I was leaving so soon.

"I know it's really soon."

"It's fine." Jack said as he smiled.

It was gonna move so fast and soon I'd be in London. Alex didn't say anything. He just got up and walked out the room with tears in his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second to last chapter, hope you guys enjoy it!