Status: New, comment and subscribe if you like! The character page will be LONG.

Where'd Ya Go?

Wise Twelve Year Old

After dinner Macy informed Hayden that she was staying at Hillary's house for the night, and that Pete would pick her up.

“Did you ask mom?” she asked.

“Duh, how stupid can you be?” Macy rolled her eyes.

Soon as Macy said that, Pete rang the door bell.

Hayden opened the door and let him step in. “Hey Pete!” She smiled and hugged him tightly, he smiled and hugged her around the waist, pressing a quick kiss to her head. Hayden blushed but figured he was just an affectionate person. But if he was, why was this the first time?

Deciding not to dwell on it, she called for Macy who strode up with her three bags in her arms. She all but threw them at Pete who caught them with a slight eye roll only Hayden saw. She giggled and he grinned at her, “Hey uh, if you ever need help with your siblings, give me a call okay?”

She smiled and nodded. He left and she closed the door, turning around to see Allen standing there with his lips pursed and his arms crossed.

“What?”

“Your so blind!” he raised an eye brow.

“Uh....”

“I'll spell it out for you. Pete. Likes. You.” He said as if speaking to Anna.

“What?!” She widened her eyes, that thought never occurred to her.

“He basically just offered to take you out sometime. But, you take care of us so he's trying to incorporate that also.”

“No way, he doesn't like me like that. He's just being nice!” She sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than Allen.

“Yeah, right. Well, mom said I could have a friend over 'cause Macy's not here so I'm having Serena Balz stay over.” Hayden had met her before, she's Josh Balz's little sister. No, she's not worried about them doing anything, Serena's straight but Allen's gay so it's all good! Plus Allen and Riley are almost a couple, in Hayden's opinion.

“Anna time for bed!” She called, pushing her thought away.

“Okay Hay Hay!” the little girl called back. Hayden went to her room and helped the tiny girl put on her pajamas, then put her to bed, reading her a story for Fertile toddlers.

All the while Hayden was deep in thought. What if Pete liked her? How did she feel about that.

She didn't feel at all. That's how she felt. She needed someone to talk to that she could trust. No one who's mated, that be a weird conversation.

“Let's see...Avril, Devin, Bryan...that's it. Uh...” She talked to herself, knowing she'd prefer to talk to someone who doesn't go to school with her, someone who Pete doesn't really know.

A knock on the door brought her back to Earth. She opened the door and was met with the silver blue eyes of Josh Balz.

Her heart fluttered a bit. “Hey, I got a drop off.”

“Ha, Ha Josh.” Serena shoved him a bit, waving to Hayden and walking inside. Hayden moved and let Josh come in, arms full of Serena's bags.

Serena! She's perfect! Hayden thought.

“So uh...enjoy her. And uh...if you ever wanna take a break from your siblings, or want to talk, let me know. Kay?” He flashed her a friendly smile.

She nodded “Thanks Josh.” They hugged tightly before he tipped an invisible hat and bid her and I quote “Adeu”

Serena was pouring a cup of milk in the kitchen, Allen was readying his room.

“Serena, uh can I talk to you about something...personal?” Hayden asked.

The young fertile seemed surprised “Of course.”

They sat at the table and Hayden began, telling her of when Pete held her on the school roof, how he kissed her head and then what Allen said.

“If you don't know if you like him, I think it's because you've never let yourself try to like him, or anyone. You're always so concerned with taking care of your family, you never get time to yourself. You don't get time to be a teenager, to gave crushes and oggile at Doms when they pass.”

Hayden realized the twelve year old was right. “Ya know, for your age, you're pretty smart.”

Serena smiled “I watch a lot of dramas on TV.”

They giggled, just then Allen came in. “Okay Serena, lets go do each other's nails!” he smiled.

“Okay.” They left the kitchen, leaving Hayden with her thoughts.

She came to a conclusion; from now on if a dom asked her out, she'd say yes. It's her turn to look for a mate, to get the happiness all the other have.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Yay!

You guys should comment more on this so I stop forgetting about it!

Is Serena right? she's in the character pages now!