Status: Active

Dedication Takes A Life Time.

Chapter Three

A few hours later Jack crawled into the bedroom, slumped onto his side of the bed and turned the lamp on, so as to read some crappy gossip magazine.

Alex on the other hand, had been trying to sleep, but with the sudden light seeping through his eyelids, at one o clock in the morning, made that quite difficult.

“Do you mind?” He growled under his breath. “Go and fucking read in the living room.”

No reply.

“Jack I’m not kidding.”

And still no reply.

“Jack you fucking tosser, go and fucking read somewhere else!” Alex was shouting by now, and Zack and Rian, huddled up together in the next room shot each other a concerned look.

“All they ever do now is argue,” Zack murmured into Rian’s chest.

“I know,” The older boy sighed in response, “At least we’re alright though, eh?”

--

The next morning you could literally taste the tension.

The four boys were sat around the table, munching into cereal, not a word being spoken. Rian and Zack were looking anywhere but the other two, including fixating on a piece of dust floating around in the living room.

Alex had been clenching his spoon for so long now that his knuckles were white against the silver metal. Jack on the other hand, was happily wolfing down his coco pops, not seeming to care about the other boys in the room.

“So Jack,” Rian attempted, “Was the magazine interesting?”

Alex snorted. “Better fucking have been.”

“Excuse me?” Jack asked, turning slowly to look at Alex. “Was he talking to you?”

“He’s only speaking to you in an attempt to make the peace fuckwit, are you really that thick? And all along I thought it was an act.”

Jack was on his feet in seconds. Surprisingly, he dragged Alex up with him and pulled the older boy into a hug.

“I’m sorry,” He mumbled into the smaller boys hair, resting his chin on his head, “I just have a lot of things on my mind right now.”

Alex nuzzled into Jack’s neck, in an acceptance of the apology. Whatever was wrong with Jack, he’d worm out of him later. As his eyes flickered open he saw Rian scratching his head in an attempt to look nonchalant, and Zack just staring at the floor. Pulling out of the hug, the caramel haired boy grinned. “I don’t know what’s wrong with you two, all we ever see is you eating each other’s faces off.” Watching Rian’s mouth drop open a little, and Zack smirking a little, he dragged his boyfriend into their bedroom, sat cross legged on the bed, and looked up at Jack.

“So what’s been on your mind then?”