Status: On Hold

Take Me With You

Sabrina

I wake up and feel my head throb. The party I was at last night was crazy. I was drunk within an hour, and I slightly remember dancing on a table. I move my hand and feel that I'm in a bed. My eyes flash open and I see someone's bare back in front of me, and it looks familiar. My eyes dart down and see that I'm naked.

"Oh, God," I whisper, sitting up and pulling the sheet with me. I look around and see that it's definitely not my room.

My heart pounds as I scan the room. The person next to me stirs and turns over.

I have to choke back a scream when I see who it is, even though I had known who it was already, deep down. Luke Dean. "Oh, God, no. Please, no," I whisper, scooting away from him. I knew the party was a bad idea. But, of course, I listened to Mina... I always listen to Mina.

My eyes flash to Luke’s face. I think of all of the times I’ve kissed that face.

We’ve known each other since third grade, and we’ve had a very… rocky relationship. He took my virginity in ninth grade, and I took his. Since then, we’ve broken up and gotten back together at least twenty times. Each time we get back together, we have make-up sex, and it’s always fantastic.

But I thought that this last time we broke up would be the last. It had been a really bad fight, and I promised myself I’d never let him in my pants again.

Obviously, I took that back last night.

He starts to move around again and mutters something, maybe a name.

I concentrate and try to think back to last night. I know that I was drunk, but I have a vague memory of talking to Luke by the bathroom door and smacking him. My temples throb again and I stand up, grabbing a small throw blanket that's lying by the bed. I wrap it around myself and walk to the window, pulling the curtain back a little. The light streams through and I jump back. It burns my eyes.

"Sabrina?" I hear a voice ask. I turn and see Luke propped up on his elbows. “You okay, babe?” he says with a sick smirk.

I look down and choke out, “What happened last night?”

He chuckles and says, “Come on, sweetheart, you have to remember what you were doing to me last night. I mean, damn! I thought we were really done, but that was the best sex we’ve ever had!”

My head pounds and I grab it, biting my lip through the pain and closing my eyes. “I promised that we’d never do this again. Not after what you said,” I whisper, leaning my head against the wall.

I hear movement and feel an arm snake around my waist. Luke is standing behind me in his underwear, his lips right at my ear. “Hangovers suck, don’t they?” he whispers, and I can’t tell if he’s being smug or not.

“What the fuck are you trying, Luke?” I growl.

“Baby, I’m not trying anything, I promise. You should lie down. Your head is going to hurt like this for a while,” he says, pulling me over to the bed lightly.

What’s he trying to do? I think, laying down.

I look up at Luke and ask, “Where are my clothes?” He smiles and I see him bend over to pick up a little pile of clothes. His ass is actually really nice, and his eyes when he was looking at me… They were such a beautiful green.

I need to stop thinking all of these nice things about him. After what he said, I can’t forgive him this easily.

He hands me my clothes and I sit up slowly, dropping the blanket and not bothering to cover up. I don’t think either of us is worried about concealing ourselves.

After I have my bra and underwear back on, Luke sits next to me. “I know that you still hate me after our fight, but I didn’t mean what I said. If you just knew what had been going on, you might have understood,” he says quietly, leaning to where his warm breath washes over my ear.

I close my eyes and whisper, “Well, what was going on then?” He’s not going to seduce me again.

His hand goes onto the small of my back and he nuzzles me like a cat. “You’ve seen what went on. You just didn’t notice.

My mind reels and I look at him. He has cuts on his sides and arms. How could I not notice that before? And to think that I got insanely mad at him for telling me that I was self-centered and that I couldn’t understand the way he was feeling…

I feel a kiss on my neck and my breath stops in my throat. “I’m so sorry,” I whisper. He nods against my neck and kisses it again and again. When I gasp lightly in one spot, he stops there and keeps kissing it.

I shake my head, fighting the urge, and say, “Luke, I mean it.”

He pulls away and looks at me. “You may think you mean it, but I know you don’t.” He goes back to kissing my neck and I whimper, lightly gripping his arm.

“I’m serious. I’m so sorry for what I said. I was being self-centered. I’m just as stubborn as you think,” I whisper, clenching my eyes shut and turning to him, resting my forehead on his, our noses almost touching.

It’s been a while since we’ve been so close to each other. I feel the urge to kiss him violently, but I can’t let that happen.

I let go of him abruptly and stand, sliding my top and shorts on along with my shoes. I walk to the door and as soon as I step through the doorway of his room, he calls, “I love you.” I bite my lip and keep walking. It hurts to not be able to say it back, but how am I supposed to tell him after I’ve denied it for so long? Luke lives five minutes away from my house, so I can walk home.

I do exactly that. The moment I walk in the door, my mother tackles me and starts yelling about how worried she was.

“Whatever,” I mutter as I walk past her and to my room. I plop onto my bed and sigh. The school year should be interesting. If the past three years haven’t been dramatic enough for Luke and I, this one may as well make up for it. The first day of school is a little less than seven weeks away. Am I excited? No. Am I dreading it? No. It’ll be exactly the same as it always is.

My head is pounding, so I pull the blanket over my head and fall asleep. I wake up and it’s pitch black outside.

I glance over at my phone and see about twenty texts. Over half of them are from my mom, one is from Luke, and the rest are from Mina. I read through them and sigh, lying down again. My stomach grumbles and I stand, walking out of my room and towards the kitchen.

Being a fat ass, I grab a jar of peanut butter, a spoon, and two water bottles. I head back to my room and pull out my laptop, turning on Edward Scissorhands since I have it downloaded. I change my clothes to something more comfortable.

I look at the time and it’s about three in the morning. I’ve always had weird sleep patterns. I’m surprised my mom hasn’t come to check on me yet. I feel my phone vibrate next to me and look down at it. Oh great, a new text message from Luke.

Hey, are you feeling any better? it says.

It was sweet of him to ask me. I smile and respond, I’m a lot better. Thanks for asking. You know, it’s three a.m. You should be asleep.

Seconds later, I could say the same about you.

I never sleep much.

Neither do I. Maybe we can stay awake together.

I smirk and type, How do you plan we do that?

Hold up. I’ll be at your window in less than ten minutes. Wait for me.

My eyebrows furrow and I shrug, tossing my phone to the side and shoving another spoonful of peanut butter in my mouth. We’ve never exactly had a cute relationship. It’s always been about sex. I don’t even realize that time has passed until I hear a tap on my window.

I stand slowly and open the window. Luke is right there with a smile on his face. I laugh and help him in.

“How’s your day been, babe?” he asks, holding my waist and pulling me close. I can’t help myself. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck.

“I slept all day to get rid of my headache. How was yours?” I say, holding my body to his.

He shrugs and says, “It was pretty lonely after you left.” I smile and pull his face down to mine. My mood has shifted so quickly, but I don’t care. Right now, I just want to kiss Luke.

Our lips meet and I can’t breathe. I’m just elated. We’ve never been like this. Maybe someone slipped something into our drinks.

“You’re so cute when you kiss,” he whispers, smiling and holding me close. I smile and hug him tightly, sitting down on my bed. He holds me just as tight and we lean back, lying in each other’s arms for what feels like minutes. I glance at the clock and see that it’s five in the morning already.

“Luke, look at the time,” I whisper, snuggling into his chest.

He looks over and smirks, “Wow.” He looks down at me for a moment and then whispers, “I love you.”

I look down and whisper, “I know.” I can’t say it. I don’t know why. I look up and stare into his eyes, feeling tears well up.

His expression goes from happiness to worry and he pulls me closer, sitting up. “Baby, what’s wrong?” he says, tilting my face up to his. I shake my head and feels the tears fall down my cheeks. “You can tell me anything.”

“I can’t say that I love you,” I say, resting my face on his chest.

“You don’t have to. I’ve known that I’m in love with you since, well, seventh grade. I’ve just been too wimpy to say it,” he whispers, brushing my hair behind my ear. I feel his breath wash over it and I shiver lightly. “Are you cold?” he asks.

I shake my head and snuggle into him deeper. My heart thumps and I look up at him. “You’ve changed a lot since last time,” I mutter.

Luke chuckled and says, “I had to go almost four months without you. I knew I needed to shape up quite a bit. You’ve changed, too.”

“A lot happened while we weren’t talking. I had to change,” I say, running my fingers through his hair.

He holds me and kisses my cheek. We sit there and rock back and forth for at least an hour until my bedroom door opens, and my mom walks in.

Her eyes bug out and I grip onto Luke, not willing to let go of him. “What the hell is he doing in here at this hour?! And in your room?!” she yells.

I hold onto him and shout back, “He’s hugging me! Is that so wrong?!”

“Get out!” she yells at him. He looks at her and then at me, but I don’t let him leave.

“He doesn’t have to leave!” I growl.

She stomps towards us and hisses, “Do you even know his name or are you having sex with him like the whore you are?!”

My anger flares and I stand up, getting in my mom’s face and yelling, “I know his name! And you know what; I’m not with him to be a whore! I’m with him because I like him!”

“Get him out of here by the time I come back into this room,” she growls, turning and leaving.

Luke looks down at me and pulls me close to him. “I’m so sorry.”

I look up at him and whisper, “It’s my fault. You should get out before she comes back.” I kiss him and watch him start climbing out of the window. “I’ll text you later,” I call as he leaves. He watches me as I close the window and I feel terrible.

My mom comes back to the room but I slam the door in her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Restarted and muuuuch better :)