Status: On Hold

Take Me With You

Sabrina

A few days pass, and each day seems more terrifying to me. I look in the mirror everyday to make sure my bump isn't there. I even took a picture just to compare day to day.

My phone rings as soon as I wake up and I grab it, answering tiredly. "Hello?"

"Sorry, darling, did I wake you?" Luke asks.

"No, I woke up a few minutes ago. What's up?"

"I just called to say good morning, and to ask if you wanted to go to the beach with Mina, Jordan, Chase, and I later."

"Are you sure you're okay with Mina going?"

"I just won't talk to her. Are you okay with it?"

"It's fine with me. Yeah, I'll go."

"Sweet. I'll come by to pick you up at noon. Make sure you don't dress to scantily, you're mine, doll face."

"Babe, I wouldn't dress scantily even if I wasn't yours."

He laughs. "I know you wouldn't."

"Okay, good. So, how are you?" I ask, laying on my side and smiling to myself.

"I'm amazing, now that I've heard your voice. What about you?"

"Good, for once. No symptoms or anything at all. So, really good."

"I keep forgetting your pregnant. Is that weird?"

"No. I forget it, too. Until I wake up and look in the mirror. Then I realize it."

"Mmm. Well, either way, I love you. I'm gonna let you go so you have time to wake up and get ready. I'll see you soon."

"Alright. Love you, bye." I hang up and stand, stretching slightly.

I walk to my door and pull it open to find my mother's ear pressed to the door.

"What would you be having symptoms of that you see in the mirror?!"

"Mom, calm down!" I say, trying to stay calm.

I know that the first trimester is risky, and if I get stressed, I could lose the baby.

"Calm down?! You're pregnant, aren't you?! You sound just like I did when I got pregnant with you, and if you lie to me, I will see it in your face!"

My temper flares and I shout, "You know what, I am! I'm almost seven fucking weeks pregnant!"

Her eyes get big, even though she just forced me to admit it. "Get a abortion before it's too late!"

"No! Never!"

"That stupid boy will only leave you just like your father left me!"

"Luke actually loves me!"

"You're blind! He doesn't love you!"

"Mom, I can't be having this conversation right now! If I stress out too much, I could lose the baby! I can't lose it!"

"You should! I was sixteen when I had you! This will ruin your life!"

"Maybe my life was already ruined!" I turn and slam my door in her face, locking it.

She bangs on it. "Sabrina Penelope Hart! Open this door right now!"

"No!" I walk over to my bed and lay down, worried, scared, angry, everything. Tears spill out of my eyes, running down my cheeks. I wrap my arms around my stomach. "Why did this have to happen?" I whisper, sobbing into my pillow.

I glance at the clock. It's already eleven. There's no way my mom will let me leave the house.

My mood calms and I stand up, walking over to my mirror.

My eyes are red and teary, but the rest of me looks okay. I throw my hair up in a messy bun, not bothering for it to look nice. I'm going to the beach, after all. I slide my pajamas off and pull on my one piece and a pair of shorts. I slide my flip flops on and grab my phone.

I argue back and forth with myself, not sure if I should call Luke or not.

The side for calling Luke wins and I dial his number.

On the first ring, he picks up. "Hey, love."

"I need you to pick me up as soon as possible," I say, trying to mask that I've been crying.

"Okay. What's wrong?"

I feel more tears and I whisper, "My mom knows. She listened in on our conversation and I confessed and I don't know what to do." He stays silent for a minute and I say, "Luke, I'm so scared."

"I'm on my way now. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"I'll believe it when you say it to my face." He hangs up after that and I hold my head in my hands, rocking back and forth on my bed,

A few minutes pass and I hear the doorbell.

I run out of my room and to the door, but I'm too late. My mother is already there.

"You got my daughter pregnant," she growls, getting in his face.

"Yes, ma'am, I did. And it happened because I love her," he says, giving her a stern stare.

"But you think you were man enough, and old enough, to take her virginity and get her pregnant at the same time! Just like her father!"

Before she or Luke can say anything else, I shove past her and say, "He took my virginity when we were fifteen." As soon as she's about to retaliate, I grab Luke's arm and we walk over to Jordan's house. Before we walk in, Luke stops me and turns my face up to his.

"Tell me you're okay."

I look him in the eye and say, "I'm okay."

He smiles and kisses my forehead. "What are we going to do now?" he asks, his voice giving off more fear than he'd intended.

"I'm not sure, but no matter what, I'm keeping this baby. I don't care if we're only eighteen. We're too young, but I am not going to let my mother win."

His eyebrows furrow and he asks, "Is this all about your mother?"

I shake my head and hold onto his hands. "No, that's not what I meant."

Before we can continue our conversation, Chase bursts out of the house.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite teen parents! I don't know about you, but I'm going to be drunk by the time we leave!" he exclaims, pulling us both into a tight hug. His swim shorts hug his junk in all of the wrong ways, at least in my opinion. When Jordan and Mina come out of the house, I can't help but notice Mina staring at it lustfully.

"You ready to go?" Jordan asks. Mina wanders off to put her stuff in the jeep. Jordan gives me a tight hug. "I heard yelling at your house. You okay?" he asks quietly in my ear.

I nod. "My mom found out."

He gives me a sympathetic look and says, "You'll be fine." I smile and we all pile in the jeep that Jordan's mother let's us use when we go on group trips.

She's on a business trip with Luke's parents, and they should be back any day now.

I sit next to Luke with Chase on his left and me on the right.

I lean my head on his chest and he holds me lightly, his hand hovering over my stomach, like he's scared to touch it now. The drive to the beach is an hour, and I drift off almost as soon as we hit the road.

My dreams are awful. All I see is a fire, then blood. I see bodies piling up, Luke and Jordan at the top of the pile.

Mina and I are running, and she gets grabbed by whatever is killing everyone.

Her face screams that she's terrified of death.

When it's my turn, I just stop, and I let it take me. My face shows nothing but readiness. Everything that I love is gone, so I'm as good as dead.

"Sabrina!" I hear Luke say, and I'm jolted awake. He's looking down at me, and Jordan and Mina have a scared expression as they stare at me. Chase is still fast asleep, making a perverted face.

"Love, you were talking in your sleep. What the hell were you dreaming about?" Luke says, brushing my hair from my eyes, since it's now plastered to my forehead with sweat.

"What was I saying?"

Jordan looks back and says, "Don't, stop it, no, and the last thing you said was please, kill me."

I look down and say, "I was just having a nightmare."

"You've been having a lot of those lately," Luke says, running his fingers through my hair.

Mina rolls her eyes and says, "Let's just go enjoy the beach while we still can. School starts in less that forty eight hours!"

Jordan throws something at Chase and he gets up immediately, hoping out of the jeep.

Mina strips of her shorts and runs towards the water eagerly.

Jordan follows her and Chase goes soon after.

I attempt to sit up, but Luke holds me down.

"Luke, I want you to go have fun," I say, attempting a smile.

He gives me a look and says, "I won't have fun if you don't. Tell me what happened in your nightmare."

I look towards the water. "We all died."

"But you said to kill you. Why? Are you thinking about, well, suicide?"

I sigh. "I have before. But not this time. I don't know."

"Love, can you please promise me that you won't do anything dumb?"

I nod and get an idea. I throw my leg over him, straddling his lap.

He chuckles and holds onto my waist. "What are you doing, darling?"

"Can't I just kiss you without being questioned?" I smile and bring my lips down to his, smiling into the kiss.

He laughs and says, "Sabrina, can we go do this on the sand? I've always wanted to do that."

I laugh and ask, "Carry me?"

I feel his hand hook both of my legs and he lifts me like a baby, a wide smile on his face. "Let's go, baby mama," he says with a smile.

"Watch it," I says with a laugh, smacking his arm.

"I don't know, it's kind of cute!"

"Sh!"

He rolls his eyes and carries me into the sand.
♠ ♠ ♠
D-R-A-M-A!