Status: On Hold

Take Me With You

Sabrina

We fall asleep in each other’s arms, closely but not tightly.

When I wake up, my back is to Luke. His arm is around my waist and his hand is resting lightly and lowly on my stomach, just above my hip.

“Luke?” I whisper lightly.

“Good morning, beautiful,” he whispers, kissing my cheek.

I smile and rest my hand on his. “Good morning,” I whisper, smiling and allowing him to pull me closer.

He holds me tighter asks, “Did you sleep well?”

“Yes,” I say lowly, “I guess you did. You seem happy.”

He chuckles quietly and kisses my neck. It feels nice. It feels right. “I had a dream about you, so of course, it was great,” he whispers into my ear. I smile to myself and turn over, now facing him.

I look up at him and smile shyly, pulling myself against him. “What happened in your dream?” I ask, resting my hands on his neck.

“You did just what you’re doing now, and you let me kiss you for days and days,” he whispers, looking at my lips sweetly.

My eyes are drawn to his and I realize how nice they really are. They look so soft and pink, so natural. I move closer and whisper, “I want you to kiss me.” He remains still for a minute, until he cups my face and pulls my lips to his. I close my eyes and hold onto him, letting him kiss me all over. I love it.

It feels as if no time passes when there’s a knock on his door.

“Go away,” he mutters loudly, then returns to kissing me again.

“Okay. I’m just checking on you, Luke. You two have been in there since last night and it’s already three in the afternoon,” calls his brother, Chase. I smile against his lips and grip him tighter.

The kissing keeps going until we’re both out of breath. I bury my face in his chest and fall asleep again. I wake up a few hours later, and Luke had stayed awake the whole time. My stomach rumbles. I haven’t eaten for a while and I haven’t had anything to drink either. “Babe, I’m getting really hungry,” I whisper, holding his shirt in my hands.

“I am, too. I’ll be right back with some food. I love you,” he says, kissing my forehead.

He gets up and walks to his bedroom door. Before he opens it, I ask, “Luke?”

He turns and raises his eyebrows a little bit.

“Can I have one more kiss please?”

His eyes brighten and he walks towards me again. I sit up and move to the edge of the bed. I get on my knees and my eyes are right in front of Luke’s. He smiles and holds my face in his hands. “You’re lucky you asked nicely,” he says before he kisses me.

This time, I part my lips and he does the same. My tongue invades his mouth and I wrap my legs around his waist, clinging to him like a monkey.

Seconds pass slowly and I’m pressed to a wall. I feel a rumble in my stomach again and whimper.

“Are you okay?” he asks, looking up and brushing my hair from my eyes.

“I’m just hungry,” I say, closing my eyes for a second.

Luke puts me down and strokes my cheek. “Are you sure?”

My stomach rumbles again and I shrug. “I’m fine. Can we just get some food?” I whisper, kissing his cheek.

“Does your mom know you’re here?” he asks out of the blue.

I furrow my eyebrows and say, “I left her a note. Why?”

“I just don’t want her filing a report to the police that you’re missing,” he says, smiling down at me.

I smile and look over at the bed. “Let’s forget about the food. I’m going to sleep for a little bit. Don’t let me keep you here. Go out and have fun,” I say, tracing over his spine with my fingernail lightly.

He shudders and growls playfully, “You can’t expect me to just leave after that!”

I laugh when he whips me around and tickles my sides. He learned that I’m ticklish back in eighth grade when he and Jordan tackled me after a game of truth or dare. I started shouting about how it tickled and since then, Luke’s used that against me.

“Stop it!” I screech, laughing and trying to push him off.

He laughs and pulls me closer, resting his hands on my stomach. “That was just payback, sweetheart,” he mutters in my ear, laughing a little.

I smirk and turn to face him. I get on my toes and kiss him, biting his lip and pulling on it lightly.

”I’m tired,” I whine, throwing my head back and groaning.

“Sleep then,” he whispers, kissing my neck. I smile and push him away, walking over to the bed. I pull a blanket up and crawl under it, looking at him with a pleased smirk.

He smiles and walks over, getting under the blanket with me. “You’re a tease,” he mutters, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close. I smile and close my eyes, bunching up against his chest. Heat radiates from his body and I start to drift off. I’ve slept a lot lately. But I’m always tired, so it’s been helping.

I wake up and see that Luke is gone. I prop myself up on my elbow and glance at the clock. It’s about five in the morning. Where the hell could he be?

I rub my eyes and sigh. He’s probably in the bathroom.

My stomach rumbles again and I groan to myself. “What the hell is wrong with you?” I mutter, poking my stomach. I don’t think it liked that.

I feel vomit at the top of my throat and bolt out of the room. I know my way around Luke’s house from varied visits, so I walk into the bathroom with my hand over my mouth. Luke is standing there rubbing his head with a towel with one around his waist. I shove past him and throw the toilet seat open, dropping to my knees and retching. The little bit of food that I had left in my stomach is gone.

“Sabrina, what’s wrong?” Luke asks, suddenly right next to me with his hand on my back.

I cough and mutter, “I don’t know,” before I’m cut off by more gagging.

When I finally think I’m done, I sit back and slump against the wall. Luke sits next to me and lays a hand on my forehead. “You don’t have a fever,” he says, feeling my cheeks. I shrug and rest my head on my knees.

“Get dressed. I’ll be fine,” I mutter, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

He does as I say and then sits down again. “Do you want me to go get you some medicine? Do you need to go to the hospital? Do you want or need anything?” he asks quickly, putting an arm around me.

I shake my head and say, “I’m fine, Luke. I think that I just… Upset my stomach or something. Can you just get me a glass of water, please?” He nods and gets up, walking out of the bathroom. Like a shadow, Chase appears in the doorway.

“You do need something. You need a pregnancy test,” he says, a sick smirk on his face.

“Fuck off, Chase,” I mutter, glaring at him.

He puts his hands up and walks in, looking down at me. “You never know, okay? I just think that you should be sure before you help ruin my little brother’s life,” he says, returning my glare.

“I’m not going to ruin his life because I’m not pregnant,” I hiss, but I’m not sure anymore. Great, now Chase has it in my head.

“You don’t sound like you’re positive of that,” he growls with a sharp laugh.

“I am positive. Just screw off,” I bark, but the idea is stuck in my head now. I hear him turn and leave just as Luke comes back with my water.

He sees that I’m upset and asks, “What did he say to you?”

I sigh and say, “Nothing.” He hands me the water and I take a small sip, followed by another.

“He obviously said something. You can tell me,” he says, putting the lid of the toilet down and sitting on it.

I think for a second and sip the water. I look up at him and hesitantly ask, “You’ll get me anything I need, right?”

“Of course,” he says, looking down at me, somewhat confused.

I take a deep breath and rub the bridge of my nose again. “Can you… Can you go get me a pregnancy test?”