Status: Newly Active, Check it out!

I'm Losing All My Sanity

I Ain't ***in' Around Cause King Kong is Down

Chapter 2

"I hate this business." I sigh as I frost the 100th cupcake of the morning. Molly and I baked all the cupcakes the night before, but had to come in early on our saturday off to frost the giant order of cupcakes for this afternoon's client. We borrowed my brother's van to transport them to the designated spot.

"We've only got 2 dozen more to go, don't give up on me now!" She picks up a stray cherry and chucks it at my head, blowing me a kiss as I glare at her.

____________________

After Molly and I begged my brother to help us load up his van with the sweets, he offered to drive us and the van to the client. Currently, we were leaving 5 minutes after the order was supposed to be there. Once Marc pulls up next to the apartment building, I throw myself out of the car, piling my hair on top of my head in a messy bun. Molly runs around the other side and opens the back doors, already loading her arms up with a third of the boxes of cupcakes. Marc and I do the same, lock up the van and head into the building.

"I sincerely hope this guy isn't big and mean. Or else i'm out." Marc says and I snort, kicking his shin once we're in the elevator.

"Quit it you guys, damn! Can't take you anywhere." I give Marc a look and he responds with a nod, both of us creeping on either side of Molly and licking her face which earned a very not-so gracious squeal. I burst into a fit of laugher, followed by Marc snorting and Molly looking troubled. Finally the elevator pings and we make our way out and down the hallway, searching for the right apartment. I stop in front of 603 and knock. Marc and Molly come up behind me and we hear the low hum of music, several footsteps and a loud yelp. The door opens to an average sized man, mid-20's, tattoo's everywhere. He immediately looks at me and smiles.

"At last, you're here! Did you find the place okay?" He asks, still smiling.

"We found it fine, I'm so sorry we're late. We ran out of frosting and had to make more. It was such a-" He cuts me off with a wave of his hand, jerking me into the apartment.

"Really, it's totally fine. I forgot what time I told you to be here by anyways. I'm Dylan by the way." I nod, looking behind me to see Marc and Molly trailing behind us. Dylan leads us into the kitchen to set down the sweets, and pushes us into the family room where more people were gathered. For every guy on a chair, there was a girl on or next to him.

"Okay left to right this is George, Miranda, Danny, Theresa, Jorel, Vanessa, Matt, Jordan, and Annie. Guys, thank these bitches for bringing us our cupcakes!" Dylan exclaims and everyone in the room raises their drinks or claps at us.

"I never got your name.." I look at Dylan and smile.

"Joey." I say, "And this is my brother Marc and my best friend Molly." I point at them and they strike poses, which makes everyone laugh.

"Well, you're all totally welcome to stay and have fun! We're celebrating our album release and we wanted some sick ass cupcakes." The guy I think is Jorel stands up and makes his way over to us, leaning on the kitchen bar. I blush and scratch the back of my neck as he eyes me.

"Those knuckle tattoos?" He asks me and I nod, looking down at my thin hands. I clench them into fists and show Jorel.

"Fearless, huh? I bet I could give you something to be afraid of." He winks and wanders into the kitchen for another beer. As he leaves I feel my body relax and I turn to face an empty hallway, only to find that Molly and Marc had taken to sitting in the living room to mingle with the rest of the group. I shake my head and make my way over. Molly hands me a beer and I gladly take it, taking a reasonable gulp. Jorel finds his way back from the kitchen and sits next to Vanessa, who gives him an apprehensive look before going back to her conversation with the girl on her other side.

"How ya doin?!" A short, afro'd out guy sits next to me on the floor, putting his phone in his pocket. "I'm Matt, if you forgot." He flashes me a shy grin and I smile back.

"I'm good, actually. You seem pleased." He laughs and takes a swig from his beer.

"Just the fly on the wall, usually." He nudges me with his shoulder. I laugh and push him back, earning the middle finger from him, which makes me laugh even harder.

"So I see Jorel has taken a liking to you." Matt hints, giving me a look I can't quite decipher. I blush and flick my eyes in Jorel's direction, only to find his locked on me.

"No, he's probably just a flirt with everyone." I say and shrug.

"Well, sort of. He's really cocky. And his ex is here, so don't read too much into his flirting. Vanessa dumped him. He's probably trying to get back at her." Matt rambles on then sees my face, which causes him to stop. "I mean, not that there's anything wrong with you! He's just a hot-head and-"

I cut him off, "Matt! It's okay. I didn't read into it at all, don't worry!" I laugh and ruffle his hair.

"I'm going to like you. Give me your phone!" He screeches and I throw my Blackberry at him, preventing an attack. He types furiously on it and then sets it back in my lap. I giggle and put it in my pocket, finishing the rest of my beer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credit: No Other Place by Hollywood Undead

I know some of the girlfriends are accurate, some aren't. I'm not aiming for exactness or perfection so don't hold it against me, okay? Welp here's the boys! I'm probably going to start on the next chapter within the next few hours, which will be double the size, I swear! I'm totally loving this story so far, so I hope you are too! Comment and enjoy!

xoxoxo Ty