The Battle of Centarium

Scheme of a lifetime

"Advance slower Aeysu!"

Aeysu scowled at his mentor, "Slower? I finally gain speed and now it’s useless?"
Christian shook his head and lowered his sword, "If you run in blindly in the hopes to force your opponent back, you risk taking a hit that you can’t dodge. Your speed is only as good as your awareness, and when you charge blindly you’re an easy target.”
Nodding, Aeysu picked his sword back up and heeded his master’s advice. He charged forward, but less carefree than before. They traded blows, and eventually their training was over. After a few more words of advice, Christian left the training room and cruised into the kitchen. Aeysu, however, went towards his cot up the hall. Saying the incantation to unlock the door and stepping inside.

It had been near a month since his father’s death, but not a day went by that he didn’t dwell on that moment. For the first week he had thought of nothing but killing his father’s executioner, thinking the murder of Theo Abbot would somehow help ease the pain inside him. Recently, however, he had come to terms with the fact that vengeance was clouding his judgments. To blame it all on the actions of one man was hypocritical, and it would be his downfall.
So after much consideration, he had decided on two things. One, he would kill Theo Abbot. Simply to complete the battle, although, the pent up rage would help with the act. On top of that, he decided he would hunt every last vile member of the cult dubbed ‘Ak’ Ragni’ down, and slay them all. This last act was a mixture of revenge and valor, as it would help future combatants while satisfying his own hatred.

He had received much counsel from both Ayden and Christian, who had convinced him that vengeance wasn’t a proper motivator. Whether he had left revenge behind or only re-dubbed the feelings was a thought that hadn’t yet crossed his mind. Whatever the case, the immortality he had gained would help him in this endeavor. Upon victory against Theo, he would march to Crom and destroy the wicked monsters that now plagued his dreams. It all fell on the ‘if he was victorious’ aspect. With that in mind he trained harder each day, knowing that Theo’s death was the first step in his master plan.

Outside his door he heard Ayden’s voice whisper the incantation and the door swung open. Aeysu nodded in thanks to the old mage as he was handed supper, and began eating immediately. Ayden waited until his was finished, and took back the bowl.
“You know, the table has had an empty spot for two weeks now.”
Aeysu again nodded, “Sorry… Just need some time to myself, ya know?”

Ayden smiled and placed his hand on the boy’s shoulder, “Be aware that you’re taking this from the oldest man in history,” He began, “Too much time in the dark makes you forget that the light of day shines bright. Take your time if you must, but be weary of how fast the time flies.”

With another nod, Aeysu laid in his cot to sleep. Ayden left the room and left the boy to what he thought would be dreams. What Aeysu was experiencing rivaled those of war veterans, and was nowhere near the flowery field dreams others had each night. Since the death of his only flesh and blood, visions of his father’s lifeless body had infiltrated his slumber. Leaving him with a cold sweat each morning as he awoke. He doubted it would ever pass, and accepted that the only thing that would ease these feelings was the actions he had already planned: The organized killings of everyone involved.