Modely Disordered

Never letting go

Shanna and Adrian quickly move from seemingly romantic friends to exclusively dating and the couple couldn't be more in love. Given that they've only been together for 4 months now, it's not the same love you have for one another in a year's time or more, but both Shanna and Adrian deeply cared for one another and loved each other on a more friendly level. Of course they've had their little disagreements that led to a few silent treatments, but overall the couple was lucky enough not to have had what Katie called, “the mid-relationship fight” and left the pair wondering if they were right for each other. All of that was about to change, however.

Shanna was invited to be part of New York City's fashion week and she instantly accepted, for that was the whole reason she wanted to be a model! As she was scheduling the different events (rehearsals, stylings, the show, after-parties, etc.), Shanna made a note to ask Adrian if he could make it to at least one show and after-party because she wanted to show her new boyfriend off! Luckily, his schedule allowed for it and the couple attended the show with lots of excitement.

This would be the first time Adrian got be behind the scenes of the runway and Shanna wanted to show him everything. He waited patiently while she had her hair and makeup done, chatting away happily about his day. Fortunately, Adrian got a front row seat to watch his girlfriend strut down the catwalk and he cheered every time she passed.

After the show was finished, the pair walked back to Shanna's apartment so that she could grab a change of clothes and head out to the after-party. Adrian whistled at his girlfriend as she came out of her bedroom in a tight white dress and a pair of strappy heels. He had never seen her look so sexy and Shanna was pleased with his reaction.

As they arrived to the party, Shanna introduced her new lover to so many people that Adrian couldn't remember any of the names he had encountered. The couple seemed off in their own little world when a familiar voice greeted Shanna. Catching sight of the owner of the voice, Shanna's face lit up and she was pulled into a tight hug.

“Nate! It's so good to see you!” Shanna exclaimed, happy to see an old friend.

“Nice to see you too, love,” Nate replied, sipping his drink.

“What are you doing here?” Shanna asked, wondering why an assistant would be at a grand party such as this one.

“I'm here with Heidi,” he answered with a wink. “Who's your friend?” Nate nodded to where Adrian was standing with a small frown on his face.

“Oh, how rude of me! Adrian, this is Nate, my agent's assistant. Nate, this is Adrian, my boyfriend,” Shanna smiled as the two men shook hands, noting that Adrian didn't seem very happy with her and Nate's relationship

The trio talked for a short while before Nate excused himself to find his date. Shanna said her goodbyes and waited until Nate was out of earshot before whipping around to face Adrian. “What was that?” she hissed. “You were a complete ass to him for no reason!” Adrian shrugged off Shanna's annoyance. “You're being ridiculous,” she added before walking away.

It was hours later when the couple finally reunited and Shanna was drunk off her ass. “Baaaaby,” she whined as she slung an arm around Adrian's neck. He tried to hold her up, but her heels were making it very difficult to keep her from wobbling. “Let's go home,” Shanna whispered devilishly into Adrian's ear. She smirked at him as he got her out of the house and into a cab.

“We are going home, Shan,” he said with a sigh. “To our separate homes.” Shanna crinkled her nose in disgust and leaned into Adrian's body. She soon fell asleep and the boy she loved held her tightly in his arms.

~

“Shanna, baby, wake up. We're here.” Adrian helped Shanna out of the cab, chuckling at her drunkenness. He half carried her all the way to her apartment and even tucked her into bed. “I'm leaving, okay?” he said softly, gently pushing her hair out of her face. Shanna smiled at him and closed her eyes. As Adrian was closing the door to her bedroom, he heard Shanna rush to the bathroom and empty her stomach into the toilet. Sighing, he started the tea kettle and went to hold Shanna's hair.

After a few minutes, Adrian got Shanna back in bed with a cup of tea to help settle her stomach. He sat on the edge of the bed, right below Shanna's feet. “Thanks,” she said awkwardly, taking a sip of the tea. She made a face and set the tea on the side table beside her. “What is that? Camel piss?”

Adrian laughed loudly before shaking his head. “Drink up,” he added, tucking in the blankets around Shanna. She made another face and grudgingly took another swallow.

Once Shanna finished her tea, she snuggled further down in bed, and watched as Adrian put two Advils and a glass of water beside her bed. “I'm gonna go. Call me tomorrow when you're feeling better,” he murmured to the already half-sleeping girl. Shanna yawned and felt Adrian kiss her forehead lightly and opened her eyes to watch him start towards the door.

“Will you stay with me?” she asked, sounding like a little girl. “Just until I fall asleep,” she added, sensing Adrian's hesitation. He nodded and pulled up her desk chair beside her bed. Shanna smiled at him and motioned for him to climb into the bed with her. “Relax,” she giggled, “I just want to cuddle.” Adrian smirked at the beautiful girl and crawled into bed beside her. She instantly moved closer to him, wrapped her legs around his lower half, and slipped her hand in his.

“I love you,” Adrian whispered, stroking Shanna's hair with his free hand.

It seemed like years had passed when Adrian finally started to drift off. He was wide awake, however, when Shanna confessed, “I just want to feel that I'm important to someone. Is that too much to ask?” She laid her head lightly on Adrian's chest, not expecting him to respond.

“You are important,” he argued, “to me. I don't know what I'd do without you.” Adrian kissed the exposed flesh on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her, bringing her closer to him. “I love you, Shanna, I really do.”

Shanna let a few silent tears slip, knowing that she didn't deserve someone half as good as this boy, and yet she refused to ever give him up. “I love you, too,” she said, lifting herself for only a second to plant a soft kiss on his lips. “Don't ever let me go,” she whispered when she had slipped back into her original position.

“Never,” Adrian vowed.