You're Not Who I Thought You'd Be

one./one.

I wonder who will hear our story. Who will care? Will look deeply into the truth of what we have become. I wonder if years from now, we will be known, and if so, what for? An example of broken rules, or of undying love that can defy against all odds. Will we make history or will we die with the unanswered wish of being understood. Will we die wishing for someone to accept us?

I don't know how long we have yet to live... if we'll even make it to tomorrow.. All we're doing right now is running, running in hopes that they will give up on finding us. We hope that they will stop searching for us to kill us and just let us be. How will we ever know though? We can't stop moving, not ever.

"Hush your mind, Calloway" Desimus whispers, warm arms wrapping tighter around me, puling me to his chest. His black feathered wings wrap around me, trapping in our body heat and keeping out the cold's deadly fingers. My lips press against his collar bone and I sigh. His eyes remain closed, heart beating slowly inside his chest. I know he wants me to sleep because I haven't in days, but I can't. Thoughts and questions keep swirling around in my brain, keeping my body from becoming relaxed.

I don't understand how he can be so calm in a situation like this. Or is he really just trying to keep up the front for my sake? He and I both no that I'm dancing along the line of insanity. Who wouldn't after being in my situation?

I nibble at my bottom lip and look up at him, the demon I should hate, but I'm in love with him. I love him despite the fact that his people killed my family. They attacked my village and mercilessly killed anyone they laid their hands on. They killed my sister, and they nearly killed me. But Desimus found me before the rest of his clan could, he saved me.

Then I feel in love with him.

He spoke to me gently when he first found me, let my shaking mess of limbs calm down before he reached out to me. He cooed to me whenever I showed any type of pain while he cleaned my wounds. He nursed me back to health. I began to crave for his carrying touch and soon Desimus carried me on his back like a child while we ventured off into the woods together.

We were going to run away together until his clan captured us, they welcomed us with open arms and wanted me to become one of them. They showed me the up most respect and treated me like royalty. Even though they treated me so well Desimus was on edge, he'd watch everyone he could like a hawk. The demon refused to leave my side and would always have a hand around my waist or holding my own. We got into a huge fight over it, I didn't understand why he was so tense because they all treated me so well.

That was my mistake.

They fooled me into thinking that they actually cared, as soon as I ran from Desimus and was on my own the head council of the clan captured me.

They stripped me of my wings.

The did it so that they wouldn't have to deal with other clans thinking lowly of them. Demons didn't lay with Faeries, let alone fall in love with them. Without my wings they could fool other clans into thinking I was a human, a rare delicacy to Demons because only few were left.

Desimus was furious and felt betrayed, so he took me and we ran away again, but now we're here...

We're running constantly to stay alive, my back still hasn't recovered from getting my wings ripped off and I know that its becoming infected. . . I never knew how heartless people could be. I wish I would have listened. . . I wish that none of this had to happen the way it did. I've grown to love him so much in such little time, I want to be with him for eternity. I want us to travel the world together, to wake up together, to learn together and grow together. I want to stay beside his side all the time, but if they catch us. . . I know one of us will no longer be here.

It tears me up on the inside. My world has been thrown upside down and Desismus is the last solid thing I can hold onto. I don't want this chaos to happen. I can't loose him.

"Calloway" He soothes, fingers gently gliding over the tender wounds on my back. My body shudders as I curl myself into him. I mentally curse at myself for disturbing his slumber but the feeling of his lips against my temple. His hands cup my face and gently make me look up at him. His hazel eyes stare into mine and I feel my stomach drop.

"You know I love you" Desimus says gingerly. I nod my head in response, my bottom lip beginning to quiver like crazy, and then my tears follow.

"A-and I love you" I whimper. He hushes me.

"Desimus, I'm so fucking scared that I'm going to lose you" I cry, "that they are going to take you away from me and you know I can't handle that." My whole body shakes and I sob my grip around him tightening. Why? Why is life so unfair.

"Calloway, it's going to be okay. I promise no matter what it's going to be okay" His lips meet mine, warm, soft, familiar, and comforting. I will myself to just enjoy the moment. To just enjoy being there with him.

I try my best to ingrain that moment into my mind, to remember it forever.

And with my head tucked between his head and shoulder, small breaths tickling his neck, I will myself to fall asleep.

I close my eyes, knowing that it may be the last time I do, or not. But even if it is, I hope that I can open them again for a moment, if only just to see the face of the one I love, for the last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had this written for a while, but never knew how to end it, until now.

Hope you like it.