Status: Trying to update as much as I can...Don't give up on me!

Give It Time and It Will Change

A Dinner

"I don't know why I have to go with you guys. I usually never have to go to your parties."
"Sweetheart, this isn't a party. It's a dinner."
"Will there be drinking involved?"
"Well, possibly but--"
"Then it's a party. Why do I have to wear this?!"

Amelisa felt completely lost as she examined herself in her moms full body mirror. The black lace dress was beautiful, but she felt over dressed.

"Aren't I over dressed for a dinner?" She asked examining the black wedges she was to wear.
"It's an important dinner." "It's just the Maleck family, you've been there before. What's so special about them?" Amelisa didn't mean to sound rude, she was just trying to find excuses not to go.

"Nothing usually, but this dinner is a special one." Her dad replied, buttoning up his shirt. "And so I ask again, what's so special about them?" "Amelisa, stop asking questions. You're going tonight and that's final." Amelisa gave up. "Here, wear these." Her mom handed her silver jewelry.

"You know, I'm not too crazy about how low cut that dress is." Her dad said. Amelisa shrugged. "I don't have another one." "You're wearing your hair up." Her mom said. Amelisa began protesting. "I look terrible with my hair up." Her mom sighed. "Do you really wanna argue with me right now? We both know I will win." Amelisa nodded in defeat.

She put her hair in a pony tail but left her bangs and strands of hair in her face. "If you're having those strands in your face, you're curling them." her mom said without even looking at her daughter. Amelisa mumbled something under her breath.

Once her hair was to her moms liking, they walked down the street to the house. Though, it was more like stumbling for Amelisa, the heels just didn't suit well for her. Why did she feel like something bad was going to happen? She had a pinch of nervousness in her stomach. She's only met the dad, never the mom or any of the children they might have had.

Her dad rang the doorbell and a woman came and greeted them. She was all smiles.

"Hi you guys! Welcome, welcome!" She said ushering them inside from the cold outside. She hugged all three of them introducing her self as Lucy. When she came to Amelisa for a hug she took her by the shoulders and looked her over. "My God Albert, you didn't tell me she was this beautiful!" She said looking at Amelisa's dad and then giving Amelisa the biggest hug.

"Sam, come look at her!"
"I know sweetie, I've met her before." Said the dad as he came into the hall way to greet their guests. He gave her a hug. "Nice to meet you again, Amelisa." He said shaking her hand. All Amelisa could do was smile. She examined the two adults as they conversed with her parents. She was then happy her mom dressed her up the way she had, skinny jeans and a long sleeve shirt would make her look completely under dressed.

'Do they always dress this nice when they have parties?' Amelisa wondered. Their house was decorated beautifully with amazing paintings and cherry wood. They led them into what was the kitchen and living room area. "Would you two like some wine? We got some imported from Spain. Or maybe you'd like some from Italy?" Lucy asked. Amelisa's mom shrugged. "Whatever you'd like best!"

"Sweetheart, where's Shawn?" Sam asked. Lucy looked up. "He's upstairs, go ahead at call him." She said un-screwing the cork from the wine bottle. Sam took the kitchen towel off of his shoulder and walked to the foot of the stairs in the hall way. "Shawn! Guests are here! Get down for dinner!" He called. There was no answer in reply. Sam went back to what he was doing at the stove.

"So Amelisa, how are you liking the winter?" Lucy asked as she and her mom sat down. "It feels nicer than usual, that's for sure." Amelisa said smiling. "Oh my goodness I know! It's hot all the time, the cold is definitely a good change!" Steps began coming down the stairs. Sam looked into the hall way. "It looks like Shawn has finally graced us with his presence." "Haha dad, you're really funny." Said a sarcastic voice. Amelisa turned around and saw an extremely handsome guy stand in the door way of the kitchen. His black long sleeved button up shirt and dark blue jean pants made his white skin, blonde hair and blue eyes stand way out. Amelisa knew him from somewhere...He looked so familiar!

His eyes hadn't met hers yet. Albert walked up to him and gave his hand a shake, something Amelisa saw her dad rarely do to teenagers. "Hey man, how have you been?" Her dad asked the boy. "I'm doing great sir, thank you." "Hello! I'm Beatrice, Albert's wife." Amelisa's mom said giving the boy a hug. "Hi, I'm Shawn."

"And this, Shawn, is Amelisa. Their daughter." Said Lucy who had taken Amelisa by the shoulders. The way Lucy walked Amelisa to Shawn made her uncomfortable. "Hey." Shawn said, finally making eye contact. "Hi..." Amelisa said. His eyes were such a light blue, she almost got lost in them. And he was so much taller than her... There was an uncomfortable silence. Amelisa quickly turned around and walked back to her mom; something she always did when she became shy.

"Well guys, dinner's ready. Lets eat!" Sam said clapping his hands together. They all seated in their dining room. Everything was awkwardly formal, it made Amelisa even more nervous. Sam sat at the head of the table, while her dad sat at the other head. Both moms sat across from each other and the two teens sat next to their moms, across from one another.

No one really talked as they ate. Then the two dads began talking about something. Amelisa didn't really like to participate in their men talk; that was what her mom did. Instead though, her mom was involved with talking to Shawn's mom. As Amelisa went to take a drink from her glass, she couldn't help but take a glance at Shawn. As she looked up, her eyes met his. They both looked away as quickly as possible. Her heart beat went faster and her palms began to sweat.

'God damn, what's wrong with me? So he's good looking? So what?' she thought to herself.

Her attention was drawn back to the conversation by her mom tapping her shoulder.

"Hm?" She asked.
"Mrs. Lucy asked how old you were." her mom said.
"Oh, I'm seventeen right now." Amelisa said. She couldn't stop fiddling around with the napkin on her lap. "Oh wow, Shawn is seventeen as well! He turns eighteen in a few months though." Amelisa noted all the adults made eye contact with one another. The feeling of uneasiness came back.

There was more awkward silence. Amelisa forbade herself from looking at Shawn anymore. Making eye contact with him was too embarrassing.

"Well, as Shawn's father, I think it's me who makes the proposal." Sam said taking charge this time. Both Amelisa and Shawn had their eyes fixed on their left over food.

"Albert, as we both have already discussed, it seems both of our kids have reached that certain age." Albert just nodded, he took his wife's hand under the table. "Amelisa, you are a very beautiful young lady. And from what your parents have told me, you're also very bright." Sam said. Same exchanged looks with Albert. "And Shawn, you're a very well mannered young man. And you seem to have a very promising future ahead of you. The kind of future that could take care of my daughter."

Her dad's last sentence made her look at him in confusion. "What about my future?" Amelisa asked. "Kids, we brought you two here tonight not just for a dinner...But to announce of your marriage.

Both Amelisa and Shawn's jaw dropped. They couldn't believe it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was just kind of an intro. Things are gonna get hostile pretty soon >.>

Amelisa's outfit -> http://www.polyvore.com/amelisas_dress/set?id=51192725

What Shawn wore&looks like ->http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01129/arts-graphics-2008_1129278a.jpg

I'll try to update soon... Enjoy :3 <3