The Rendezvous

Famous; druscilla; East.

For The Rendezvous' first interview, I interviewed the very talented druscilla; East.. Having been a member of Mibba for over a year, Dru is one of the site's more well-known members and whether it's the air of intelligence and life experience about her or her great number of posts, Dru is respected by many Mibbians.

How did you find Mibba?

I was a member of both GSB and INO. I learned about it through those sites.

What do you like best about Mibba?

Despite the crappy comments people get for their stories, the best comments I get on my writing are also received here. I also love the community. Mibba is my family.

When it comes to writing, do you use a keyboard or a pen?

I use both. Generally, I use a keyboard, but when I have writer's block, I tend to find that long-hand works better. It seems more natural.

Your work is very well known on Mibba. Did you ever think that your writing would be as appreciated as it is?

I hoped that one day I would be a published writer. I never though I would be well-known for fan fiction. I love it. I have no desire to be published anymore. I'm writing what I love and people respond.

What's your favourite word?

I think my favorite word is "fuck". It's either cliche or weird, but it happens to be. Unless "Wonderland" is a choice. Then I picked "Wonderland".

Are there any people in particular that have had a big influence on your writing or who have inspired you?

Back in high school I tried to write like Francesca Lia Block, but it came out not sounding like me. I think I have a tendency to absorb what I read, watch on television, and listen to in music. I don't, however, believe it directly influences my writing style.

Use three words to describe yourself.

Writer, Alice, broken.

Name one person you'd love to meet.

Brendon Urie. I'm probably one of a million, I know. But . . . he's my Dreamworld savior. I'd love to meet him.

What's your favourite song at the moment?

"Northern Downpour" by Panic! at the Disco. (Yes, I still use the exclamation point.) A lot of people (myself included) have pointed out a particular lyricist as "writing the story of their life". This is different. Ryan Ross wrote every emotion I had ever felt and every emotion I was soon to feel. The lyrics I missed your skin when you were East/You clicked your heels and wished for me move me in ways I can't describe. That song makes me want to live, die, breathe, slit my wrists, cry, be a better person, fall in love, murder. It's unbelievable.

What genre of music do you usually listen to or do you listen to a lot of different music?

I'm relatively eclectic in my music tastes. The majority is probably pop-punk. But I listen to rock, alternative, oldies, songs from the 40s and 50s, Disney songs, showtunes, country. I like a lot of different music.

What are your views, if any, on teenage love in the twenty-first century? Do you think that teenagers are expecting too much too soon nowadays?

I fell in love at the age of 19. My fiancé was also a teenager. My views might be biased. I don't believe that love cares about age. I believe it can happen at anytime in your life. However, I do believe that teenagers and preteens are using the word "love" without being aware of what the word actually means. You don't love all nine boyfriends you had in ninth grade. That's just ... absurdity and pretty stupid (in my eyes).

What's your message to Mibbians everywhere?

I think I'd like Mibbians to believe that they are truly beautiful and that they are loved. This is a family, not just a website. This is a community, not just a message board. We love here, we care here. You are never alone when you have a Mibba account.
♠ ♠ ♠
Interview by Glitter.
And a big thanks to Dru for letting me interview her.