The Rendezvous

Famous; Mindfreak.

She's famous for Frerards; she's famous on Mibba. What's not to love about Mindfreak.? With a refreshing outlook on life, robots, and bands such as Tokio Hotel and My Chemical Romance, the only problems in this interview were the technical difficulties.

How did you find Mibba?

I found Mibba because I used to write on this site, MCR&More on Myspace. (I took it over when my friend, Nikki, passed away last year). After I 'closed' down the site, I came here because I was told about it from another author who used to write with me.


You're very well known on Mibba, especially for Frerard. Did you ever expect to get so popular with Frerards? What was your first Frerard?

Oh my god, no. Like, I'm really shocked, still, about how many people read my stories. It's just... insane. I never expected it at all. I'm not saying 'insane' as a bad thing, though. It's just overwhelming, but it's kind of hard to keep up with. Like, people expect way too much from me, and sometimes, I feel like I let them down if something doesn't suffice to expectations of others. I still wasn't expecting it, though. My first one? Hah, that would be 'We Met In The Emergency Room', I suppose. It's terribly written, and the biggest cliche ever, but hey, we all have to start somewhere.


After taking a look at your profile, I noticed you like Tokio Hotel; and it's pretty obvious that you like My Chem. What is it about those specific bands that you love? Has MCR saved your life like many others claim? Is there something unique about these bands that you see in only them, and possibly other bands?

What caught my attention about Tokio Hotel was that they were German. I don't know why, but that language always interested me, and I planned on furthering my education in it as I got out of high school, as I looked into them more, I found an English album release, and it was major love for them from then on. Did My Chemical Romance save my life? No, they didn't. They didn't battle cancer for me, they didn't pay the hospital bills, but they damn well gave me the faith to keep fighting to get better, so they defiantly helped. What I find unique about these bands is that they're...open, for lack of a better word. They easily express their personalties, and they're easy to relate to. I love their style, too, and the diversity of interests within the band members. Another musician I simply adore would have to be Tupac Shakur. He's not just another rap artist to me, he had a message, and he got it through. His lyrics, though vulgar and can easily be taken for granted, have a message. R.I.P. Tupac.


Tell me about one event that vastly changed your life and what you learned from it.

High school. The first year of high school changed my life. That summer, to be exact. Alcohol and drugs can change a person, sometimes for the worst. I lost so many friends, but gained so many friends. It was a tough time for me, because I didn't know where I stood in life, and for a while, I didn't know what I wanted from it, either. I let a lot of people down, including a lot of friends and family. My grades dropped, alarmingly, and still are dropping. It's a permanent dent in my life that's going to follow me forever, and it's going to disable some 'sober' decisions that I'll have to make in the future. What did I learn? Listen to your parents and your elders when they say that drugs are bad, cause they know damn well what they're talking about.


What have you gotten from Mibba? How significant in your life is it?

I've learned a lot about writing and grammar and etc. It's helped improve my efforts in English (I'm now even in the Advanced Star class, which is the level above advanced). Mibba pretty much owns me. I'm always online when I can be. I've meet a lot of people on here, and they're too special to leave.


What do you want to do in life, and why? What goals and dreams have you had, and possibly still do have?

I want to be a teacher. I want to teach Art and English on a high school level. I was always interested in the subjects, and as a kid in junior high, I was known for my short stories and my poems. As I entered high school, I was known by the teachers for my work in the fine arts aspect of the school. I lead the school's art club, and I sell my art world wide. I've had art shows and auctions, and it always was a hobby of mine. My main goal in life is to get a book published, that would make my life worth something.


Remember the days right before Y2K came? There was a belief that all the computers would crash and some even thought computers might take over the world. Do you think that this would ever be possible?

Computers taking over the world? Eh, I don't know, it's hard to say, but think of it, computers don't just magically run on their own. There are humans on other computers working to make things happen. Computers, to me, are just pieces of technology that connect people from all over the world, but they're created and run my man. For example, if Dujo didn't work his ass off and make Mibba, would we be on here right now? No, we wouldn't, so computers, by themselves, can't really take over the world, but man, using computers, can, which is kind of already happening in today's youth. Now, all the computers crashing, on the other hand, could be possible, because a human could just create a virus that would infect all computers by managing to get it on a popular site that every visits (ex: Google) so then at a certain date your computer is just... dead, but I doubt anyone would go through the trouble, because there's really no point.


What is one thing you want everyone on Mibba to know?

I want them to know that everyone can write if they put their mind to it. No author is better than another. Sure, it might seem like that in context, but all it takes is a little bit of faith in your own writing and what you put out, and readers will be able to tell. If you're not happy with something, don't post it, because if you're not happy, the reader isn't happy, either.
♠ ♠ ♠
This interview was edited minorly. Interview by Leonore Paisley, thanks to Mindfreak!