The Rendezvous

Undiscovered; ChemicallyImbalanced

To some, she’s a friend, to some, she’s a ‘newbie’. She’s known as Helena or Lena, and has the raddest username ever. I was lucky enough to interview the magnificent Aussie,Chemically Imbalanced.

How did you find Mibba?

I have a friend from England that told me about it. I’ve pretty much become addicted to it ever since.

Some might consider you a newbie on Mibba, considering you have been on here for a short while compared to others that have been here since the beginning of Mibba. Do you feel that noobs are discriminated against, if at all?

I don’t really know. I don’t think they are discriminated against, overly. Sometimes when newer people to the site post their opinions in the forums some might consider their opinions to not be a valid as, say, someone else who has been on Mibba for a year and has 10,000 posts, but I think that’s about it. Most people on Mibba pretty much accept new people as they come.

Tell me about one person or event that changed your life.

My first ever concert. Green Day and My Chemical Romance. I had no idea what bands they were at the time but I went along anyway. In the middle of the concert was the point when I realized “Hey, I love this. The music the lyrics and the atmosphere are all amazing.” After I started listening to more of that sort of music, it really inspired me to do most of the things I do today: Write, draw and play music. I guess it’s really made me who I am right now and it’s really played an important role in my life. If I had never gone to that concert, I’d probably be a completely different person.

Who is your hero, and why?

My biggest hero is probably Hayley Wiliams of Paramore. I think it’s because even after all she went through she’s still doing what she wants to do. She’s writing lyrics, writing music, and getting up in front of 50,000 people to sing her heart out. For that, I admire her.

There was a time, right before the year 2000 that all the computers and technology would crash right on Y2K. Do you think that computers might ever do that, or maybe even take over the world and have higher intelligence than man?

I’m not sure. Technology is becoming more advanced and a lot of people rely on it a lot. It could happen in the future but it seems very unlikely. Why would we create something with the potential to take over the world?

What is the most touching thing someone has said to you, and who said it?

“I believe in you. You're a strong girl and have overcome a lot.” You [Leo] said that. It may not seem like anything but those words have stuck in my mind. Not many people say things like that to me.

What do you think is beyond the universe?

In all honesty I have no idea. It could be anything and it could be nothing.

What is it that you want to do when you grow up? Why that profession?

I’d love to do something creative like being a photographer, musician, writer, or an artist. Mostly because I’m a very creative person and I think that I would settle into those jobs easily. I’m really only fifteen though, and I’m trying to see if I can pass high school before deciding what profession I’d like to be involved in.

What is your message to mibbians everywhere?

Be yourself on here, Post heaps of stories, have fun, and know that you’re never alone on here. There’s what-- 40,000 Mibbians? Chances are one of them is willing to read that really long PM you sent to them ranting about your life and respond to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Interview by Leonore Paisley. Thank you Lena for the awesome interview!