The Rendezvous

Famous; Smashed Pumpkin

Story Editor-ness brings instant fame on Mibba but in Alice's case one can instantly assume that other factors come into play. Perhaps it's Mindfreak.'s guest appearance on her profile, her great stories or the fact that she's just plain awesome. A joke about the colour orange and pumpkins and Halloween would go here but I got nothin', so here's my interview with Smashed Pumpkin, a.k.a. Alice.

How did you find Mibba?
Through imnotokay.net, Dujo’s My Chemical Romance fan site. And I found INO through Wikipedia when I looked up MCR.

What do you like best about Mibba?
I love the community; I’ve gotten to know many fantastic, funny and amazing mibbians. They’re very talented and caring people.

So, have you got any favourite words at the moment?
Tranquil. It has a nice sound to it. I think it actually sounds like its meaning; it’s very soft and delicate. But I like words that sound funny as well, like oesophagus. Yeah…

When it comes to writing, do you use a keyboard or a pen?
Keyboard, definitely. I find it a lot easier. But if I do get an idea for a paragraph or something randomly, I’ll write it down in a notebook.

Your stories,Fractured Wings andThree Cheers for Sweet Romance have received a lot of positive feedback. Did you ever expect for them to do so well?
I didn’t, but I hoped they would; Fractured Wings is one of my stories that I’m the most proud of. In all truth, I was nervous about posting it. I’d put a lot more thought into it and was worried that it wouldn’t catch on or it’d be dismissed as silly. With Three Cheers…looking back on it, I find it to be cliché and I’m considering rewriting it at the moment. I’m not really happy with it anymore.

Name a musician that you revere.
Billy Corgan, most definitely. He’s a fantastically talented musician and puts his heart and soul into his work. I really admire him.

I'm listening to Bennie and the Jets on repeat; have you got a favourite song right now?
The Phrase that Pays by The Academy Is… It’s very upbeat and has a positive message behind it. And also, The Rose March by the Smashing Pumpkins. I’ll lay roses at your feet till you decide there is something great in you. Really, Billy Corgan’s lyrics never cease to amaze me.

Do you listen to a lot of different music or do you prefer to stick to one genre?
I generally stick to one genre. I like specific songs of different genres, but rock is my preference. The bands I listen to can all be stuck into the category of rock but they have different styles. Sonic Youth are more experimental, My Chem are punky-poppish, the Smashing Pumpkins are alternative-esque and Nirvana are most commonly referred to as grunge. Those are my four favourite bands in a nutshell, yet I’ll give most music a listen.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’m not sure if I could live anywhere other than Australia, cause I think I’d get too homesick. Though I’d say somewhere in England, because I don’t like hot weather all that much and I have relatives who live there. Maybe somewhere America too.

Use three words to describe yourself.
Shy, tall and insecure.

Nowadays, lots of teens and preteens claim that they're in "love". I believe that there's no age limit on love but do you think that many of today's kids are rushing into things and getting confused with love and something else?
I think it depends on the people really; some teens or pre-teens may genuinely be in love, but than there are people who confuse love with lust or admiration. Though I’m likely to be cynical, given that I myself have never been in love.

What's your message to Mibbians everywhere?
If you have a passion for something, whether it’s writing, music or whatever it happens to be, don’t give up on it. The more you do it, the better you’ll get at it and, even if you can’t make it into a career, you can still do it as a hobby and for your own enjoyment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Alice :D
And sorry for the delay.