The Rendezvous

Famous; Charmless.

When I got the idea for The Rendezvous, one of the first people I decided that I wanted to interview was Ashley, better known as Charmless.. Maybe it's her lack of an age or the profile layouts that make everyone else jealous but Ashley's one of those people who seems timeless and capable of almost anything.


a. Your username; is it random or is there a reason behind it?


I wish I had some profound reason for why my username is Charmless.
Actually, I was thinking for usernames one day and it suddenly just came to me, in a series of thoughts; I actually never thought exactly what it was saying.

Charmless.
Nice ring to it.
Catchy.
It works.


b. Have you always enjoyed writing?


I have been writing since I was eight and even a little before.
I was always the girl with the longest essays, the girl who hated to be told to “only write one page.” I used to re-write children TV shows. I used to talk to myself and make up stories on my own.
When I entered Middle School, I started to write short stories on Quizilla. That was short lived, I didn’t find the kind of feedback I needed. I set back to poetry, which I write daily. I am very critical about everything I write and I only post small amounts.
I am currently working on my novel and of course, my series on Mibba.


c. What's your favourite book?


Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank.

That has been my favourite book since eight grade.
It is about a nuclear warfare between the Middle East, Russia and the United States. The US is nuked and destroyed and the book talks about the chaos and reconstruction of America.
A true horror of our times.
Most Americans believe that their country is invincible, but that is not the case, this book portrays the truth, that any country and be brought down; humbled within a matter of seconds.

d. Did you ever expect your story, I'm a Girl Who is Attending All Boys Boarding School?!, to receive the response that it has?


Absolutely not. I wasn't expecting to have any response. I started to write AGAABB because I could be humorous. I wrote it for fun, as a joke. I didn't actually expect people to read it.
But I want to thank everyone that has commented on my story and made it to what it is today.


e. How did you find Mibba?


I really don't remember. I just did.
I think, it was in the middle of the summer, I was on Yahoo! Answers and looked up creative writing sites, and Mibba was one of the few that had popped up.

f. What do you like best about Mibba?


I love the people. Everyone on this site contributes to the website to make it a big diverse and wonderful place to be. "A home away from home."
No one is a stranger here, everyone is willing to help each other, give advice, feedback and friendship.
Oh and Dujo is pretty bad rad himself.

g. Name a musician that you look up to.


Well, I love music but I don't "look up" to any of them, but I would say A Day To Remember. Not just one person in the band but the band itself. This band was from my home town and are now going to be in the Warped Tour '08. I am so proud of them to be able to peruse their dreams.

h. Have you got a favourite song at the moment?


At this exact moment would be Hanging By A Moment - Lifehouse
My boyfriend gave me this song, and it describes us so perfectly.
I would talk about him for pages and pages so I will leave it simple.
We changed both were able to change each other's lives without even trying,
"Desperate for changing,
Starving for truth,
I am closer to where I started,
Chasing after you.
I'm falling even more in love with you,
letting go of all I've held on to,
I am standing here until you make me move
I am hanging by a moment here with you."


i. What are your views on teenage relationships these days? Do you think that kids are rushing into "love"?


Teenage relationships.
I am very old fashioned and quite particular about who I date, but to everyone else, it is their choice. I believe that a relationship needs to be based on friendship before anything else. I think there needs to be a foundation and not on physical attraction.
Internet Relationships, when done correctly, usually work out for the best, because it is based on the person's personality, not physical attributes.
Love, the most overused word in the English Language. Every day people "fall in love."
To prove someone is in love, it requires self sacrifice, and a lot of it.
If you do "love" someone, you will do anything for them, even if it means leaving them.

Young adults are still developing the frontal lobe of their brains, which regulates the understanding and decision making process. Until the complete development many decisions cannot be accurately made.

The development of this particular part of the brain develops at different rates for different people. The full developed age is almost twenty-three to twenty-five.
I know people say love can happen at “any age.” Sure, you can love someone, but to really love them? As I have stated before, self sacrifice.
Everyone is going to say they have given themselves completely, but how much really?

Look at the divorce rate in the USA, true love? I think not. The number of marriages in Las Vegas a day is over five-hundred.
"Love" takes years to develop not weeks and certainly not days.
I have friends who have been dating their boyfriends for a week, and already are saying,
"I love you." Then within the next two weeks are dating someone else.
Love has lost its glamour.

j. What's your message to Mibbians everywhere?


Be yourself, don't lie about who you are. Don't let people tell you what to do, or how to do it.
You are you, no one is like you, no one is going to do the exact same things as you do.
Put the YOU in Unique.
Create your own story, let the world know who you are and who you are going to be come.
You have this one chance to be you, don't waste it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Interview by Glitter.
Thank you Ash, for letting me interview you.