The Rendezvous

Famous; vonny.

Siobhan. An interesting name – hardly fitting to such a boring Mibbian. Well known for her unwillingness to have a post template, loving such things as Green Day, Doctor Who and Harry Potter, as well as her position as a Moderator on Mibba, Siobhan reveals her more quirky side.

How did you find mibba?
Well, I was a "journal kid" on the old GSB and when the new GSB came there was a notice on the front page that said "If you want to write journals, go to Mibba.com". So I clicked the link and ended up on Mibba!

What do you like best about mibba?
I like the little weird orange a on the Mibba logo best.

You call yourself a bit of a nerd. Why's this?
Any self respecting student studying IT who also has a fascination with Sci Fi and Nintendo games calls themselves a nerd.

What's your favourite song at the moment?
At the moment it would have to be Life On Mars by David Bowie.

Who has had the most impact on your life, and why? are their any words of wisdom [from them] that you hold close to heart?
My little sister because she's a weirdo emo nerd who finds pleasure in teasing my nerdy hippiness. Words of wisdom? - I'LL GO YOU!

Also, Douglas Adams. He was an amazing writer. Ever since reading Hitchhikers Guide most of my thoughts are consumed by his witty words. The words of wisdom I hold from him would be that it is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with potatoes.

What do you wish you were better at?
I wish I were better at skiing. I've never tried it. But I have a feeling I would be quite bad at it.

Why do you feel you'd be quite bad at skiing? Your level of self esteem seems to be quite low.
I’m not too good on slippery surfaces.

Teenage love. Do you think it works?
Indeed it does. My friend Fishy has been with her boy Sir Pants-A-Lot since she was 15. They’re both 18 now.

Want to elaborate more seriously?
That was serious! Her nickname is Fishy and his is Sir Pants-A-Lot. :finger:

If you were to live your life in any fictitious story, what story would it be?
Oh, it would have to be in the novel Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. ..However, I already live my life in that. So I don't think it really counts.

In which case, I move onto a book called "It Came From Beneath The Sink", from the Goosebumps series, because mutated sponges are just plain cool.

You appear to have a good, albeit strange sense of humour, vonny. Who are your favourite comedians?
The first would have to be one Jerry Seinfeld. I grew up watching his television show, so naturally I grew to like his comedy act. Others would have to be Ross Noble, Jason Byrne (you need to find correct spellings), Frank Woodley and Steven K Amos. ..Oh! And David O'Doherty for his very mild super powers.

What song would you want played at your funeral?
Part of me wants to say "Ha Ha You're Dead" by Green Day. But I doubt anybody would play that even if I requested it be played. Unless my family and friends secretly hate me. In which case - "Woo! Green Day playing at my funeral!". Seriously though, it would probably end up being "Good Riddance" by Green Day. Purely because of the fact that I am a huge Green Day fan. I've heard a really nice version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow though. I think that would be equally nice. ..I've actually put a lot of thought into this before..

On the topic of Green Day, what lyric would you be proud of if you had been the one who wrote it?
"Congratulations and salutations. You're a figment of your own imagination." also, "To know you is to hate you. So loving you must be like suicide." They're from the song Jackass. Obviously they're not the deepest lyrics in the world. But I think they're quite clever.

You've cowritten a story that is a sequel of the Harry Potter series. What were your feelings, if any, about the 7th book being released and the end of Harry Potter from JK Rowling as long as we know it? I hear you're quite a fan.
It was quite a bittersweet feeling. I shall run you through my inner-monologue of that time:

"OMG OMG OMG! THE FINAL HARRY POTTER BOOK! I've been waiting for this since I was 10 years old! That's like, 8 years! But, this will be the last book. The last book EVER. No more waiting. I've spent 8 years waiting for this moment. I can't remember what it's like to not be expecting another book. The Harry Potter craze will be over. What will you do? Bah, who cares. IT'S THE FINAL BOOK! Harry is so going to die."

What genre of music do you think gives you your definitive factor?
Insanely happy Brit-Rock for sure. Something I can sing and flail my stringy body around to in a bad-dancing-attempt manner.

What is a habit that you have, but you find annoying when other people do the same thing?
Is being named Siobhan a habit? Because I find myself annoyed when other people do the same thing, as in, being named Siobhan.

Can you do any good impressions of certain celebrities or just certain people?
I don't want to brag, but I do an amazing impression of myself. I can impersonate myself so amazingly that it will just blow your mind. Other than that..no. Unless my cat counts as a person, in which case I can mimick his yap quite well.

Have you ever described yourself as being seemingly egotistical?
Never. Maybe in an alternate Universe I have. We'll just have to wait and see.

Final question - do you have a message for your fellow Mibbians?
These pretzels are seriously making me thirsty.
♠ ♠ ♠
Interviewed by The Brightside.

Thank you vonny for being such a weirdo. (: