The Rendezvous

Mibbian Opinions; April 7th

Using my amazingstalker journalism skills, I tracked down some Mibbians a couple weeks back and asked them their opinion on the then question of the week. Here are the responses of I'mAGrenadeJumper, Icy Blues, Final Tragedy and Elwin.

Are teenagers these days falling in "love" too easily and without knowing what it means? Are they expecting too much?

Final Tragedy;
I believe that teenagers these days might be looking towards a dream or illusion too much. They've got this idea that love is something so very simple; that it simply exists as is and that a relationship with another person will be quite happy and well.
They are expecting too much, in my opinion, saying they are falling in love with someone when in reality, they probably only have a faint idea as to what love truly is. The relationships at this age rarely last long and, though I'm not saying that teenagers can't experience love because they don't know it, the "love" they "feel" tends to fade away because it was never real per say.

I'mAGrenadeJumper;
They think they're "in love" and they know what "love" really means when they don't. And they may say "I love you" to their boyfriend or girlfriend when they really don't, they just think they do.
There's so many teens out there who think they're in "love" but their partner doesn't "love" them back and they wind up getting hurt.

Icy Blues;
Teenage love really is something very difficult to define. Whether or not it is 'real' love isn't determined by age as much as it is maturity and knowing the pros and cons. I have a couple friends who are thirteen like I am, that have steady boyfriends they care for. They know relationships aren't perfect and handle them responsibly.

However, a lot of teenage romance I've seen isn't what you'd call genuine. Kids aren't willing to wait for a person they really, really care for, and so start going out with the first person who shows an interest in them or that they think is attractive. Relationships made out of desperation, which is the trend at my school, rarely work.

Teenage love does exist, but there aren't many who are ready for it. They don't realize that a relationship isn't about sex or perfection, or can't tell the difference between "I like him/her" and "I love him/her." But if anyone, be it a child, teenager or adult, can process what it means to love others in a romantic sense, I think that's the only key element and age ultimately doesn't matter.

Elwin;
I think some teenagers believe that they are in love but they really aren't. They want to believe they are when in reality they are just blinded by the fact that they have a "great" boyfriend.
But sometimes teens really are in love. Normally it just depends on the situation. Most of the time it's just the thrill of believing you are.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mibbian Opinions by Glitter.
Thanks to Final Tragedy, I'mAGrenadeJumper, Icy Blues and Elwin for answering my question.
The content above has been slightly edited.