The Rendezvous

Original; ZooZoo Magee

How many people do you know are cool enough to "chill with statues", can count from zero up to twenty in Irish-Gaelic and are double-jointed in six of their ten fingers? If you've got the right answer, you should be thinking of one person, who's name begins with an L and ends with an ibby. Or, for the more Mibba-oriented, ZooZoo Magee.

How did you find Mibba?
I found Mibba through either GSB, or INO, I believe. It was actually my friend, Britt, that convinced me to transfer over and get an account. That and you could no longer update your stories on INO.

What do you like best about Mibba?
I like the Mibba "community" best.

Your story, Burn Me Hardcore CDs, has 106 chapters. Did you find it hard at times to carry on writing it or did the story flow easily until the very end?
Burn Me Hardcore CDs is a co-written story (as is its sequel, Burn Me Hardcore DVDs,) so it wasn't too difficult to keep writing because I had my co-author {Britt} to rely on. There was a period of time back in October, 2007 where I was just not in the mood to update, so it didn't get a new chapter for about two and a half weeks.

Did you expect it to get the reception it did?
Not at all. It was really a pleasant, surprise, though. The best were the readers that caught the story near the end and read it from the very beginning all the way to where it was at the moment. {One reader spent hours reading from chapters 1-90.}

If you could play any instrument that you don't already play, what would it be?
The harmonica.

What's your favourite song at the moment?
My favorite song at the moment would have to be "Magic Carpet Ride," by Steppenwolf, though my all-time favorite song is "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel.

When was last time you remember laughing so hard that you cried?
July 22, 2005. I've laughed really hard since then, but not so hard tears were brought to my eyes.

Do you mind me asking what made you laugh so hard then?
That was the day the youth in our stake took a temple trip down to the Los Angeles, California temple.
We were divided into three groups and each group would perform baptisms for the dead, do part of the service project (which was floral maintenance on the temple grounds) and then congregate for lunch over at the stake center across the way's lawn.
So, anyways. My older brother and I decided to skip the service project and we hung out in the stake center instead, reading. There were these other kids in there from north county just hanging out. I'd say there were about eight of them. We were just listening to their conversation and the things they were saying were just so incredibly funny.

According to your profile, you like to "chill with statues". Any particular... reasons for that?
I wrote that because the picture it's below is of me with a "statue" at Universal Studios Hollywood. It was a guy done up like a statue and he was really cool, actually. Didn't talk, didn't change facial expressions. He'd move for the picture. As you can see, he's pimping it in mine. With my friend, he put his arm around her shoulders. He hung out at the main, front statue with the water thingymajig before.

Out of all the people in the entire world, who do you admire most and why?
Living or dead? Dr. Campbell. {Tattoo It On My Wrist}
He was one of the most kind, positive people I ever had the fortune of knowing. He profoundly impacted my life, despite knowing him for less than a year.

Do you remember where you learnt to count from zero to twenty in Irish-Gaelic?
I bought a "Teach Yourself" book that came with tapes. I basically looked in the book and replayed the tapes many times to nail the accent. I can also say, "See you later," "Apartment," "Hello," "Thank you," "My name is..." and "Good day," in Irish-Gaelic.

Is there a story behind your username or was it a random choice?
There is most definitely a story behind my username. And it's a long one.
I first came up with the name, ZooZoo Magee, when my original user account on our PC got hijacked by some Anti-Virus warning, which became the background on my computer account. I couldn't get rid of it, so I made a new account for myself. My brother, Martin, asked me to change the name of my previous account because now that there were two "L" users, he had to scroll down in order to get to his account and that was an unnecessary hassle. So, I went and changed my previous user account's name to "zoozoo magee." I picked the "Z" because it's the last letter in the alphabet and I'm not entirely sure where "Magee" came from, but it might have been from Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli, which I'd read a few years before.
Later, I'm not sure if it was months, or years, I adopted ZooZoo Magee as my alter-ego. My sophomore year of high school I was experiencing a lot of conflicting feelings in regards to how I wanted my life to go. I used to hate living where I live, the people, everything, I just wanted to get out. My plan was to legally change my name once I turned 18 and moving to New York. My new name, I had decided, would be ZooZoo Magee.
It became my username on GSB, INO, IMDb.com, YouTube, here, et cetera. I liked being someone who I didn't always have to be.
Over time, I stopped associating it with anything bad and began to view it with affection.
Now, I just like it. It's unique and it's mine.
The only time I get annoyed is when people don't spell it correctly. Or say, "Maggie" for the last name because it's "Magee." {Which is pronounced, "Muh-gee" [the 'g' sounds like the 'g' in 'good']}
And there you have it, the story behind ZooZoo Magee.

Back in 1999, the human race was supposedly facing the singularity, when computers become smarter than human beings and take over the world. Obviously it didn't happen but you do believe that it could?
No.

Any reasons for why you don't believe it could happen?
Man created the machines, therefore man knows how to operate, control and destroy them. A machine cannot think and feel for itself despite movies and television shows trying to show otherwise.

What's your message to Mibbians everywhere?
There is always hope. And taking a risk is what makes life worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Interview by Glitter.
And although she is currently "kicking it in Chile & Peru", thanks to Libby for letting me interview her.