Status: Ladies and Gents... it is back on!

Burn You Down

Olympic Runner

We got to the house and I flung the door open right as Zacky unlocked it. I stormed up to the porch and waited for him to open to front door. He walked up the stairs and touched my arm lightly.

“Avinne I’m sorry, I didn't mean to get snappy like that.”

“You’re always snappy, it’s nothing new,” I snarled.

“Sometimes, you are really goddamn frustrating, you know that?”

“Ha! Coming from someone who tells everyone they've broken up with their cunt of girlfriend and then ends up lying and being a little bitch about it!” I screamed at him.

“God, just get in the house before I fucking rip this door off its hinges,” He barked and then stalked into the house.

“Well what good would that do?” I said snarkily.

He whipped around and got right in my face.

“Because I need to destroy something to relieve this fucking rage buildup I have, and it obviously cannot be you.”

His breathing was ragged and he was shaking. It was pretty scary. And kind of hot. I walked over to the couch and flopped down onto it. He stormed upstairs and cursed when his phone started ringing. I laughed since I knew it was Gena. The door to his room slammed shut and I could hear screaming coming from inside.

About ten minutes later, a car pulled up outside and I jumped up to see who it was, opening the door. I assumed it was everyone else coming home from the beach, but I was wrong, unfortunately. It was her.

“Where is he?” She snapped.

“Upstairs.”

She shoved me out of the way and charged up the stairs, banging on the door. I decided to just remove myself from the situation and sit in the living room watching TV. I could hear stuff breaking and things crashing upstairs, but I figured it would be better to just ignore it. The door eventually opened and Zacky forced Gena down the stairs, practically picking her up by the shoulders and carrying her down. She slapped him the entire way down.

“Let go of me!”

“Get out! We’re done!” He screamed back at her.

“No, we aren't! You cheated on me with that bitch, so you owe me this relationship!”

“She was joking! We never did anything together; I don’t even like her that much!” He yelled into her face.

She looked stunned at that thought, and Zacky used that opportunity to shove her out the front door and shut it in her face, taking extra care to lock it afterwards. He spun around and advanced toward me, pointing his index finger at my face.

“Why did you let her in here?”

“Because I thought it would be worse if I didn't.”

He sighed and went back upstairs without a word. About two minutes later, everyone else came back from the beach, drunk as hell. They all stumbled in and made their way to their bedrooms without a second thought. It was kind of disheartening. I thought maybe they would say hi to me or yell about what I had missed after I left, but they didn't. The alcohol was making me a whiny loser, so I decided to call a cab and go home so that I didn't have to sleep on a lonely couch all night while everyone around me had crazy, drunken, love romps. I called the cab company and they were there within minutes. The cab driver honked and I gathered up my things and headed toward the front door. As I was shutting the front door, I heard someone softly say my name, but I didn't care at that point. I hopped into the cab and directed the driver to my apartment.

When we got there, I paid the fare and turned to face the building. Suddenly, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end as I saw a shadow advance toward me. I stepped back onto the street, trying to figure out a way to easily get away from this person, but I couldn't. When the light from the streetlamp lit up the shadow’s face, I realized it was John, who had somehow escaped the authorities. I instantly started to simultaneously cry and panic, which unfortunately cause me to freeze in the middle of the street. He laughed this hideous, psychopathic laughter.

“Well, well, well Avinne. Alone again. What a poor decision for you. You should have stuck with me; at least you wouldn't be alone forever.”

Wow, even in this situation, I was pretty pissed off. I weighed my options of running versus trying to fight this douchebag off, and I decided to go with running. After spitting a huge loogie at his face, I took off running as fast as I could, with the hope that someone would realize what was happening. It was about three miles from my apartment to the guys’ house, and I figured I could make it with the amount of adrenaline surging through my system. I had thought about running toward the hospital, but then I would have had to go past that fateful alleyway, and I didn’t want history to repeat itself.
I could hear John’s footsteps right behind me, which was absolutely terrifying, and caused me to sprint as fast as I could. My lungs were practically aflame, and I was sure I was about to pass out. Eventually, his footsteps sounded farther and farther away, but I was not about to slow down my pace. I ran and sobbed for two more miles, until I finally saw the street the guys lived on.

Holy fuck, I’m almost there!

Charging as fast as my legs would physically go, I sprinted down the driveway and ran up to the door, pounding on it as hard as I could and screaming at the top of my lungs. By this point, I was hysterical: crying and sobbing and yelling like a mad woman.

The door flung open and Jimmy stood there, looking super confused.

“Avinne?”

He must have actually registered the look on my face, because he grabbed me and pulled me inside the house. I tried to explain what had just happened in broken words. Unfortunately, I was hyperventilating and crying and on the verge of barfing.

Then I passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I've been updating so sporadically! I'm not entirely sure if people are reading this because there aren't any new comments (no pressure though!). Also, I'm finishing up my senior year of college which is horrendously fucking stressful. Life lesson kids, don't go into nursing.