Give it a Shot

01

I was your typical rich kid, or so people thought, I was in great athlete, I did well in all my college classes, so no one would suspect me of stealing, and thats what kept the 'game' fun, to me it was all a game, untill that day, untill that happened, I never knew how real it could be.

"Alois you finally got your fucking ass here." Gero yelled out angerily

"Sorry, you know I'm a star athlete." I said

"Yea, you bring that up all the time, now its time to go over our plans."

"Again? I thought we had it all figured out."

"You're rich, I need the money, I hate you and people like you."

Gero wasn't the type you'd expect me to hang out with, we were two complete opposites, but thats what made us so great as partners, I guess. He brings up how much he hates me on a daily basis, but I don't care, I love the rush.

"Haha you're real funny Gero, if you hate me so much then I guess you don't me."

Gero gives me an angry look.

"If you're done talking, we should go over the plans again." He says

I sigh and sit down, I knew this like the back of my hand, Gero insist on going over everything a million times, we'd compeleted five big steals easily, I don't know what he got so paranoid about, but its hard to find people as good with plans as him, so I deal with it.

It was night time, this time it was an elderly couple, easy, they were about to go out to eat, their aniversary, then they'd say 'hi' to the kids, I had picked this couple, they were my friends great aunt and uncle. Did I feel bad stealing from a friend? No why should I feel bad, I don't lose anything.
It seemed like forever but finally they pulled out of the drive way. Gero and I quickly went around to the back of the house, I waited as Gero fiddled with the lock, he was a master and picking them. I heard the click and knew we were in.
I looked around as we entered near the kitchen, it was huge.
"Hurry Alois!" Gero whispered to me, we tiptoed up the stairs, and quickly found the owners rooms.

"You take the womans jewerly, I'll see if there is any money around."

I was always stuck taking jewerly, rubys, and diamonds filled my hands and I stuffed them into a bag, there were so many gems this lady loved her jewerly.

"Over here," Gero called me over, but thats when I saw it, lights filled the windows, I quickly
ducked down so my shadow would not be seen.
Gero grabbed me by the collar of my shirt "Alois I thought you said they were gone to dinner!" He whisper-shouted at me

"They were meant to be... this isn't the time for getting angry its time to hide!" We both quickly
hid, Gero in the closet, and I in the shower.
I listened as I heard them walk up the stairs and approach the bedroom.

"Dear we are gonna be late for our reservations." An old man said

"You know I can't go anywhere without my emerald brooch." A woman quickly replied
I mentally cursed myself, she wouldn't find it, she know someone had been here, she call the cops and I had nowhere to escape.
Gero must've been thinking the same thing, because suddenly I heard the closet door open and a ear piercing scream, I quickly ran out of the shower and looked at Gero, he was holding out his gun.

"Gero no you can't!" I said quickly

"Its us or them, I choose us." With that he pulled the trigger, and the man lay on the ground bleeding heavily, then another bullet sounded and it was the lady on the ground. I stood there shocked unable to move.

"Quickly Alois, the cops will be here soon." Gero said pulling me by the arm.

I couldn't feel my legs, so I don't know how I managed to run, but I ran, we quickly got in the car and went to our secret place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Opinons please.