‹ Prequel: Back to the Start
Status: HIATUS. writer's block :/ check out the prequel! :)

Smoke and Fire

1 - Sam POV

"Samantha Hailey Montgomery!", says Rachael, snapping me out of my daze. "Are you listening to me?"

What? In fact I had not. Both of our boyfriends were outside surrounded by ten thousand fangirls. How could she be so calm? "Rach. Look outside. I swear there are more girls every time I look! How could you be so calm?"

She shrugs. "I told you it'd be bad. I've gone through this before, remember? But that's what killed us the first time, and I don't want it to happen again. It wasn't worth it."

"Easy for you to say!", I whine. "I've seen Gary look this way every other second. Kenny hasn't looked over once!"

"That doesn't mean he's not thinking about you.", she says in an exasperated tone. "He's probably just not used to having a girlfriend on tour."

"But Gare hasn't ever had a girlfriend on tour either!", I protest. 

When I turn around at her silence, her eyebrows are furrowed. "Wait. You mean he never brought Falyn? I could have sworn that he did."

"Nope. He just went to NYC a lot. You never went home during breaks either though, so you wouldn't have known that he practically hadn't been home in over a year since he went to the city instead. Kenny told me that, in case you were wondering, which I know you were."

"So I'm still the first person he's brought on tour with him.", she says almost to herself with a silly smile on her face. 

She turns to look for Garrett in the crowd so she can wave hello. Rach probably didn't even hear half of the things I just told her. I turn back towards the crowd again, just catching Garrett's wave back at Rach. Kenny still hasn't glanced in my direction. I abruptly get up and head to my bunk. It was tiring watching him. 

"Hey. Where are you going?", Rachael asks me. "They're going to be coming back soon."

Shrugging, "I'm tired."

Rachael just stares at me. "It'll hurt Kenny if you don't wait for him. I haven't seen him this happy in over three years."

Rolling my eyes, "You haven't seen him in three years."

Chewing her lips, "I know. But I knew him before and while he was dating Gabi remember? Even with Gabi, I don't know if I've seen him smile so much. And believe me that's difficult since he's already so outgoing."

"Yea. But I really am tired. I'll text him now though.", pulling out my phone. 

Rachael frowns at me, but doesn't say anything, turning back to look for Garrett in the crowd. 

"I'm really tired. Gonna sleep early.", said my quick text to Kenny. I don't even know when or if he'll see it. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't planning on any updates for another few weeks or so, but then I saw that I already have 6 subs and 14 readers so I was like, awwwwh, you perfect people! And so I thought that one update couldn't hurt xP love you guys (gals?) ♥__♥

Anyways, read? Subscribe? Feedback? :3 xoxo.