Status: Done.

Canada Square

2,104 words

"Hey, love" Josh smiled as he held a tight grip on his phone. "We've just reached the airport. I'm guessing you're asleep so I thought I'd leave you a loverly little message to say we'll be back at around half three this afternoon. I'm pretty sure mummy and daddy, 'Lissa and Hannah should be coming to meet us. I hope you can come too. Okay Emsy' I'll see you later, love you."

"Awwwww, Emsy!" Max laughed at his band mate and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. The rest of the boys trudged along behind the two wanting nothing more than to just cuddle up in their beds.

All the boys were missing various things from their homes. Be it girlfriends, friends, family, pets or even just the comfort of having an actually addresses again.

"Sorry guys" The boys tour manager started. "Seems like we've got a bit of a weight. Sorry, lads." The males all let out a load grumble and sat down, getting themselves comfortable.

When Emily woke up, as normal the first thing she did was turn her phone on. 'Two missed calls from: Joshuaaaaaaa :3' 'One new Voicemail'. Emily pulled her phone to her ear as the dial tone rung. She listened to her message and a bright smile hit her lips. She climber out of bed and padded to the bathroom. She made her best efforts to look nice for Josh and the boys.

Josh was sat in his airplane seat thinking about her and how much he missed her. He was never any good with keeping relationships when he was away, be it friends or more than that. He knew though, Emily would always be right there for him, to hold him close to her and tell him everything would be alright. Chris had been asleep next to Josh for the majority of the stretch home. Still believing he was asleep, Josh pulled his small book of photos from his bag. This would normally sit under his pillow and weight there patiently until Josh needed it, he was so very glad he had kept in his backpack instead of his suitcase.

Josh flicked past the pictures of his family, he looked at one picture for a second. The picture was of Emily and Hannah. He imagined the moment immediately, it was Josh's birthday. His 18th to be exact. He had dragged everyone to some random club very far away. By this point of the evening everyone was magnificently wasted. Josh had stood infront of Emily with his posh new camera and taken a photo of her face, she had looked so perfect that evening. Then, a second later, Hannah had jumped out of nowhere just as Josh was about to take another photo and scared the living shit out of Emily. Josh smiled at the photo before changing to the next photo. It was the photo of Emily. He stared at it for a while, slowly gliding his thumb over the photo so he was tracing her beautiful cheek.

"Dude." Josh heard from beside his, scaring him so much he almost dropped his book.

"Fuck man, you scared me." Josh said throwing his book into his bag. This throw failed completely meaning the book landed on the top of Josh and Chris's bags which were tightly pressed together on the floor.

"Mate, what are you doing?" Chris asked. He reached down onto the bags and pulled out the dark photo book. He flicked through the photos. Josh's family, his sister and mother, him and Hannah, Hannah, Emily and Hannah, Emily, Emily, Emily, Emily. Chris put down the book after that. He placed it carefully onto Josh's lap. "Tell her man, please?"

Josh didn't say anything in return, he simply put his book back into his bag and slid on his headphones. Chris simply shook his head.

Three light knocks rung quietly threw the halls of the Franceschi family home. Ellissa Francheschi answer the door. Ellissa was Josh's older sister, her and Emily had known each other for years, they were practically sisters themselves.

"Alright' Chicken" Ellissa laughed to Emily as she pulled open the door and then yanked Emily into a tight hug. "You look very pretty today" She smiled brightly as the two women walked towards the family kitchen. "Not for my brother I hope" She whispered into Emilys ear which earned her a light slap on the arm as the both girls giggled their way into the kitchen.

"Afternoon' Emily, you're looking rather loverly" Mrs Franceschi smiled.

"Thank you" Emily grinned before pulling Mrs Franceschi into a hug.

"Dad's just using the loo then we're going." Elissa informed the party now made up Emily, Ellissa, Mrs Francheschi and finally Hannah who stood awkwardly in the corner tapping away on her phone.

"Hi, Hannah" Emily smiled.

"Oh, hi hun'" She replied, glancing up from her phone momentarily.

"Ready then girls?" Mr Franceschi asked giving Emily a bright smile as a hello. Everyone piled into the car and soon they were off to the place where the boys would be dropped off. The car journey was filled with laughed between the Franceschi family and Emily while Hannah sat awkwardly in the back between Elissa and Emily. She tapped away on her phone once again, as usual she was the distant one who wanted nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

Everyone pilled out the car. Emily carefully adjusted her dark red polka-dot skirt and her plain black tank top she had matched underneath it. On top she wore a basic denim jacket with no sleeves, a somewhat trademark of Emilys. She stood tall in her favorite pair of black heels she wore over black tights, as the sun had just started to re-introduce itself she was far too scared to bring out her practically white legs just yet.

Ivy ran a finger through her hair as they all slowly walked up to the coach station. Once the boys had got off the plane they would then get a coach back home to their individual destinations. Josh's stop was the last. Eventually the large bus pulled into it's dock. Strangers piled off the bus, but no Josh. In usual Josh fashion he was the last off the bus.

The first person to be embraced in Josh's arms was Hannah, which was of course, understandable. Next, his Mother, Farther, Elissa then finally he looked at Emily. He stared at her for a few seconds before smiling politely. "Hello, love" was all he said before hugging her lightly, turning and walking back to the car with everyone else.

Emily's heart felt it was ripped apart. After three months away from each other. After their three hour phone conversations every night. After them telling each other everything, that was all he would do? Emily watched as Hannah held his hand tightly in hers, every once in a while on the small two minute journey back to the car they would stop and share a small kiss before continuing. Emily felt like such a fool.

After Josh had time to drop his bags off at home Mrs. Franceschi cooked everyone a beautiful dinner, soon after that Emily headed back to her cramp, cold apartment. She flicked on the lights as she closed the front door as the dim apartment became somewhat brighter, if 'bright' is what you want to call it.

She kicked off her shoes and punched in the digits on the TV controller to change it to a music channel which she put on quietly as she walked to the kitchen to wash up. Lightly, she turned on the hot tap and allowed the bowl to begin to fill up. Half way through this process there was a light knock on the door. At first she considered ignoring at, it was probably just the guy from next door who had forgotten to buy some milk again, But pretty soon it knocked again. Emily opened the door to find Josh leaning against the door frame. His hair was messy and looked a little like he had been playing with it, a trait very frequent of Josh's when he was contemplating something.

"Can I come in?" Emily didn't say anything in return except open the door a little more and walking into the kitchen to continue her washing up. Josh got the message and entered the dingy flat. He kicked off his shoes, closed the door and followed the way into the kitchen.

"How was tour?" Emily asked. She turned off the tap and leaned against the counter, she would wait to do her washing up now. Talking to the boy of her dreams was far more important.

"I know we talked every day and all, but you know, I just though I should-"

"I broke up with Hannah" Josh blurted out like word puke. His eyes were starling down at his odd socks, a selection of toes where poking out of the top, it looked a little like they where braking free. Any other day Emily would of laughed about this, but not today. "Just after you left, we went upstairs and I told her it was over."

"What, why?" Emily asked, shocked.

"I didn't love her anymore. There's no point in pretending you love, or don't love someone for that matter." As he said the last part his eyes slowly lifted themselves to look at her. "Your eyes are so much darker now."

"What?" Emily asked, confused.

"They're darker, they used to be bright, now they're dark, almost black." Josh was right, for the ten years Josh had known Emily she always had eyes that would change with her mood. Bright would mean she was happy, dark would mean the opposite. Josh would always know something was wrong due to the color of her eyes.

"Well I've missed you." Emily replied. The truth was, they've been black for so long now. Since around the time Josh decided he was in love with Hannah and not with Emily. Emily had always had feeling for Josh, starting with the small crush on the popular boy who was forced to sit at the two person best at the back with her in form in the first day of secondary school, which consequently made them inseparable, to the time she knew she loved him at a party sometime in year 10, when the two had been dared to kiss in a game of truth or dare. Now, three years later, she had never loved him more.

"I want to make them bright again, just like how they where before."

"Why did you leave Hannah?" Emily asked trying desperately to change the subject.

"Like I said, I realized I didn't love her. I need to tell you something, Emsy." He said staring at her deeply, the way only he could. Emily simply nodded in return.
He stepped across the kitchen in one simple motion and took Emily's cheek in his hand, his lips grazed Emilys lightly before he pushed his lips onto hers. Emily realized what was happening and instantly kissed back. She wrapped a hand around the back of his head and one of his hands placed itself on her hip.

The kiss grew deeper and deeper, Josh picked her up and placed her down on the side before her hands ran up his Your Demise shirt and pulled it off over his head. He began to kiss down her jaw and her neck making her let out a small moan in pleasure. Thought repeatedly popped into Emily's head, 'what if he's using me.' 'He just broke up with Hannah, am I the rebound?' Josh seemed to notice her sudden change of mood and leaned back, looking deep into her eyes.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked stroking her cheek.

"Why?" She asked running a hand through her hair.

"Emily, I love you. I have done for a long, long time now." Josh smiled.

"Ditto" Emily grinned back as Josh rested his forehead against hers. "I love you so,
magnificently much." With that Josh's lips where back pressed tightly to Emily's where they would stay for the majority of the rest of the night.

"Come on" Josh said, stepping back from the kitchen counter. "Let's go curl up in bed and watch Donnie Darko." Josh knew exactly how to make Emily smile. She got rid of the water in the sink and trotted into her bedroom to curl up in Josh's arms for the night, now that everything was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Josh Franceschi one shot and such. Comments would be much appreciated.

Also, does anyone else thing that the new layout creator is a vile piece of shit?