Black Dagger Brotherhood-Lover What?

Memories and Dinner

Amy slowly woke to a warm weight against her back and around her torso. Her first feeling was panic and she tried to scramble away. "Hey! Amy, what's wrong?" she heard the male's voice in her ear, the large arm locking around her, keeping her to the bed. She was rolled over onto her back and a large dark shape loomed over her. "Amy! What's wrong?" She swallowed her screams, flashbacks reminding her that screaming got her hit. The male reached to the side and the bedside lamp was turned on, the warm light turning the dark shadow into a visual of Quinn.

Amy took a few deep breaths, trying to calm her racing heart and trying to breath. "I-i'm sorry." she whispered. Quinn slowly let her go.

"Why'd you do that? Did you have a nightmare or something?" he asked, sitting back.

"Um...s-something like that." she said, wetting her dry lips, not looking at him. He sat there, trying to find the right words to get her to speak, but he didn't know the right words for her; he hadn't known her long enough. He knew the words to get any girl into bed, probably even her, but he didn't know much about getting someone to open up, at least not to him. Blay would be much better at this. "I'm...I'm gonna go get dressed." she spoke up, scooting off her bed and grabbing clothes out of the dresser. She headed right into the bathroom and Quinn heard the sound of the lock turning before the shower started. Why'd she lock it? It's not like he was going to go in there while she was showering, and she should know that.

He groaned as he got off her bed. Funny, he thought to himself, this was probably the first time in a while that he was getting off someone's bed with his clothes on. He looked down at the rumpled sheets. He remembered he and Amy had laid down, her back against him, his arm around her. She had held onto his arm like it was an anchor, holding her together. She fell asleep pretty quickly and he had laid there, listening to her even breathing. He hadn't expected to, but he fell asleep with her, and it was probably the deepest sleep he'd had in a while. He didn't sleep that well even after a couple rounds of good sex.

The water shut off and he figured he should go. Whatever that little freak-out was, she probably wanted to be alone for a little bit.
---
Amy heard him leave and was both a little relieved and a little upset: she kinda wanted him there as comfort but she needed to get control of the flashbacks before she was around any male. She needed Hailey right now.

After getting dressed, she went out into the room and looked for her phone. "Where did I put it?" she mumbled to herself. Screw it, she thought, I'm not so weak that I need someone else to help me with this. I can do it myself.

With that thought in mind, she left her room and headed down to the training gym. Thankfully she didn't run into anyone on the way. When she stepped though the office door, she headed over to the computer and pulled up the internet. A quick search of the news headline and the images were easily on the screen. Her body froze and her mind panicked as she looked at the pictures. But she shook herself back to the present and got to work. She used the mouse and copy and pasted them into a Word doc, resizing them so each picture took up a page. A click on 'Print' and the printer whirred to life, spitting the paper out. She gathered them up, grabbed some pins, and headed into the empty gym. A glance at the clock on the wall told her it was 7 a.m. No wonder she didn't run into anyone; they were all asleep.

"All-righty." she huffed, pinning the pictures up on a row of target boards. Thank you, Quinn, for this idea, she thought to herself. Standing back, she looked at the row of fearful memories.

"I'm guessing they did something to you." She jumped about two feet in the air as the voice spoke up behind her. It was Zsadist.

She nodded. "I-i'd rather not talk about it, though." she said quietly. He shrugged and then walked over to the stand of weapons. She watched as he pulled out the bow and arrows for her.

"You know, Vishous could make you a custom bow. Probably some nice arrows too, more light-weight so you can use them better in the field." he said, handing the weapon to her.

She shook her head. "Didn't Wrath tell you? I'm not going in the field, not unless there's an extreme need for another fighter."

"Yeah, I know. But you can still have them, practice with them." She looked at him real quick.

"Yeah, I guess. But how would I ask him? I don't really know him all that well since I just got here." She grabbed an arrow and quickly aimed and shot it at the first picture.

"I'll ask for you." He watched as she shot another arrow into the first picture, then one into the others. Each arrow went between the eyes, then their throats, then each of their eyes. She took her last arrow and aimed at one of the pictures and got it right in his mouth.

Zsadist looked down at the shorter female. He could guess at what happened but he wasn't going to say anything. He could mention it to Mary, though. "I'll let you be." he said, staying still as she jumped at his voice again. She knew he was there, but he understood the power of flashbacks.

"Thank you." she whispered, staring at the target boards. She heard the gym doors open and close. She stared at the picture that had the arrow through the mouth. "Why'd you have to come back?" she mumbled, not really expecting an answer. "I was doing fine." The frustration started building up. "I was doing good! I stopped having nightmares! I could be touched without cringing! I could be hugged without screaming! I was better!!.... Why?" She huffed, catching her breath from yelling. "Why did you have to come back to me?" she sobbed.
------
Hailey sat in the library, Amy's feelings getting filtered to her. Why hadn't she called her yet? She always came to her when she was feeling like this. Her phone buzzed with an incoming text. It was Tehmper. 'Wanna come over 4 dinner 2nite?' it read.

'Sure. Gotta check with the king 1st' she texted back. Well, she might as well go do that instead of just sitting on her ass.
------
Quinn sat in his room, stuff flying through his head. He was trying to think of how to bring up the subject with Blay, or maybe Mary. One of them could talk to Amy much better than he could.

He stopped and sat up. Why was he even doing this? Usually he would fake something like this to a female because he had only one end goal in mind, and that was to screw them then wipe their memories and leave. What was his end goal with Amy? Was there even one? There had to be. He only did things for a reason. Sometimes he wouldn't know the reason until he was doing it, or even after, but there was always a reason. What was his reason for her?

A knock on the door halted his mental train. He stood up and opened the door a crack. "Hey Hailey. What's up?" he grumbled.

"Uh, I'm going out in a little while and I was wondering, given Amy's mood," she mumbled, trying to find the right way to ask the male, "if you could check on her once in a while, just make sure she's okay." She looked up at him, waiting for an answer.

He gave a curt nod. "Yeah, sure. But...why are you asking me to?" he asked.

She shrugged. "I think you're the one that can help her the most. She's taken to you. She doesn't do that with people she's just met."

He leaned against his doorway. "What exactly do you think I can help her with?"

She opened her mouth, then closed it again. "That's not for me to tell. Maybe she'll tell you, or you'll figure it out, but I think you can help." She looked down the hall, zoning out to focus on Amy's feelings. She got fear, anger, and frustration. There was also determination and want. "She's in the gym, and I think she wants some company right now." She said before turning around and walking down the hall.
----
Hailey was nervous as the car pulled up to the house. It wasn't magnificent but it was still very nice. The doggen opened the door for her and she climbed out. The walk up to the front door was a bit too quick for her and she stood in front of it, not ringing the doorbell yet. She ran a hand through her hair and straightened her button-down shirt. When she found herself fidgeting with her eyebrows, she mumbled a curse and jammed her finger against the bell. She could hear a resounding gong throughout the inside and the door was quickly opened by a female doggen.

"Miss Hailey?" she meekly asked.

"Um..Ms. please, and yes."

"The masters are waiting for you." She stepped aside and held the door open. Hailey carefully stepped inside and her dress shoes met marbled tile. The place looked beautiful and gleaming and even though she was clean, she still felt grimy just standing there. "Follow me, please." She followed the shorter doggen and was led down a hall and into a very nice looking dining room...where Tehmper and her family were already seated.

"Hailey!" Tehmper exclaimed, getting up from her chair and walking over to her. "Good, you're here."

"I'm here." she responded weakly.

"Come, sit down. The food will be coming out soon." She led her over to the chair next to her's. "Mother, Father, this is my friend Hailey." she introduced.

"Hello, Hailey." the male grumbled.

"A friend, you say?" her mother asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," Tehmper said with a slightly clenched jaw. "A friend." Hailey sat down and Tehmper went to push her chair in. "Sorry." she whispered in her ear as she leaned forward and pushed.

"Don't worry about it." she whispered back. As she settled into her seat, the food was brought out and placed in front of them. "This looks delicious." she commented, picking up her utensils. She wasn't sure what it was but it looks like some really good meat with potatoes and fancy looking green beans.

"So...Hailey," Tehmper's father spoke up as he cut into his meat,"how did you even meet Tehmper?"

Hailey swallowed her bite,"Um...I just started the Brotherhood's training program." She glimpsed a flash of distaste in the mother's face before it was covered up.

"Who did you say your father was again, dear?" the mother asked, looking at her expectantly. "Do we know your family?"

Hailey shook her head. "You wouldn't know them. They're human." She cracked up inside at the slight look of horror that passed over their faces.

The father cleared his throat, "Then...uh..how are you a vampire?"

"My mom had been with someone before my father. She never remembered who it was. Besides, it was only one night." She gave a sweet smile. "Guess he was a vampire." She looked over at Tehmper and saw she had her napkin in front of her mouth, trying to hide a smile. Okay, so she was getting entertainment out of her parent's distaste and horror as well. She looked back at them. "I'm sorry. I never got your names."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading. Please please please please comment. I really need to know what you think.