Black Dagger Brotherhood-Lover What?

Brief Talk with the King

Hailey and Amy sat on the 'hospital' bed. Both of them were wearing those stupid, thin medical gowns and were waiting for Jane.

"So where'd you go last night?" Amy spoke up, looking at her feet as she swung them back and forth.

"Oh, uh...I had dinner at Tehmper's house."

"Oh, yeah? How'd it go?"

"Good, I guess." Both of them fell into an uncomfortable silence, each wondering why they were so awkward with each other right now. "So...how are you and Quinn doing?" A huge blush crawled up Amy's face and Hailey started laughing, the awkwardness dissipating.

"We're okay. Nothing's going on though." she answered quietly.

"Haha, yeah right!" Hailey laughed, "If nothing's going on, then why do you look like a shiny tomato right now?" She laughed some more as Amy's face grew even redder, a small smile on her face. She suddenly got serious though. "Why didn't you call me last night?"

Amy looked down at her lap, knowing what she was talking about. She gave a little shrug. "I...didn't want to bother you, I guess."

Hailey put an around her shoulders and pulled her closer. "Sweetie, you will never bother me." She gave her a little peck on the forehead and Amy smiled. "Unless you interrupt me in the middle of really good sex, then I might be a little annoyed." Amy looked up at her and saw her joking smile. "But any other time, even if I've been up for a week straight and finally got to a bed, if you feel like that, please come to me. I don't want you feeling like you're alone and can't come to me."

"Ok." Amy smiled. "I'll remember that next time. Love you, Hail."

"Love ya too, Ames."

Just then Jane came in carrying a clipboard. "Okay, well your exams are good. Blood work doesn't show anything bad and I sent samples to Haver's to have him try and figure out your bloodlines." She looked up at them. "The only problems are both of your lungs. Amy, I've already looked at your's, and Hailey, it seems to be from previous smoking, but I have a feeling the transition will take care of that for you."

"So I can get back into normal clothes?" Hailey asked, jonesing to get out of the thin gown.

"Yes." Jane smirked. "You can get dressed and go about your day."

"Awesome." Hailey hopped off the bed and quickly stripped out of the gown and was into her clothes and heading for the door by the time Amy was just starting to take the gown off. "I'll see you later, Ames."

"Yeah. You-" The door closed. "-too." She sighed, pulling her clothes on.

"So...what are you going to do today?" Jane asked, clearing up the area.

"Um...I was going to ask Wrath if one of the brothers could escort me to our apartment. I have some things I want to get."

"Oh?" her eyebrow raised. "Like what?"

Amy shrugged. "My instruments, my notebooks, some clothes. Nothing special."

"You play instruments?" Amy nodded, tying her last shoe. "Which ones?"

"Violin, viola, cello, and piano. But I have a keyboard, not a full piano." She stood up and walked to the door. "Well, thank you. I guess I'll see you at Last Meal."

"Yup. Bye." Jane gave a little wave and smile to the girl's back.
----
Knock knock

"Yes? Enter." Wrath's authoritative voice rang out.

"Um..sir?" Amy poked her head in the door. "I was wondering if I could ask you something?"

He waved his hand for her to come forward. "What is it?" She fidgeted in front of his desk. "Amelia?"

She gasped. "H-how did you know that was my full name?"

"Beth told me." he smirked softly. "She said you wrote it as your full name for our training program files." He paused, "Unless you prefer 'Amy'?"

She shrugged then remembered he couldn't see her. "I-I don't mind. Either one."

"Ok. Now what would you like to request?"

"Is...is there any way a Brother or two could come with me to pick up some more of my things?"

He nodded. "Sure. We can get Fritz to come with you with the truck, and I believe tomorrow night is Quinn's and Rhage's night off rotation so they can come with as well."

'Quinn?!" she squeaked in her head. 'Quinn in my apartment? Possibly in my room?' "O-ok. Thank you, sir." She turned and started to head for the door.

"Amelia."

She stopped. "Yes, sir?"

"Have you...put any thought yet into what you may want to pursue while staying here?"

"Um.." she walked a little back into the room, "not yet, but I m-might have an idea."

He nodded. "Well until you figure it out, there's plenty of things around here. Marissa runs a safe house for females and their children, if you'd want to help out there. Jane and Ehlena can maybe teach you some basics in the clinic."

"Thank you, sir. Um...does the race have...um, never mind."

"No. Continue."

Gosh, why did it have to sound so much like an order? "Do you guys have, um, musicians? Or entertainers of any kind?"

"We do." he replied. "Not quite as many as humans but we do. The musicians are classical performers. And there are a few actors." He shrugged. "That's kinda it."

"Ok. Thank you, sir."

"Why do you ask? Are you a musician?"

She nodded but remembered that he couldn't see her. "I-i play violin and viola. And I do capoeira and jiu jitsu as well, but with more staging and performance methods."

He nodded. "Well perhaps you can do some performances for us. We don't have anyone here that knows instruments or any kind of dance." He smirked like he had a wonderful idea. "Actually, I think everyone would rather enjoy hearing some different music."

"P-perform in front of everyone?" she squeaked.

He chuckled, "Only if you are comfortable with it. I wouldn't want to force you into anything."

She shuffled her feet as she thought. "Well....I guess it wouldn't be too bad. I-I would just need to practice first."

"Okay. Well come to me when you feel you are ready and we can arrange it." She mumbled a thank you and turned to the door again. "And, Amelia, one more thing." She stopped. "If you have any issues here, feel free to come talk to me." His took his wraparounds off and she gasped at the intensity of his eyes. They were like mini-suns in the sockets. He didn't seem as intimidating with them off too. "A king must listen to his subjects' problems, otherwise he's not a very good king." He put the shades back on. "Besides, you seem like a really good kid and I'd like to help you when you need it."

"Thank you, sir." She bowed and then slipped out the door before he could stop her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while since I was able to update the chapter 'cuz I've been stuck for the longest time. But I'm on a roll and I'm going to get chapters out while I can!