Black Dagger Brotherhood-Lover What?

First Transition

Hailey laid next to Tehmper, the sweat on their skin cooling and making them shiver.

"Okay, what's your favorite color?" Hailey asked, running a finger down the other girl's arm.

"Amethyst." Tehmper gave her a kiss on the forehead. "What's yours?"

"Um...I'd say purple, but not like a girly purple but maybe a deep smexy kinda purple. Can we get under the covers, I'm getting cold." They giggled while they shuffled around the blankets and sheets of Tehmper's bed. "Mmk, favorite.....music?"

"Rock."

"Same! What do you like to eat for comfort food?"

"Hmmm." The red-head hummed. "I guess crackers with cheese, usually mozzarella, and either salami or pepperoni. Whadda 'bout you?"

"Chinese food. So....." Hailey looked up into her amber eyes. "What are we exactly?"

Tehmper leaned in and kissed her thoroughly before pulling back. "Girlfriends, I guess. What else would we be?"

Hailey shrugged. "Lovers, fuck-buddies, friends-with-benefits. Shall I go on?"

Tehmper chuckled. "No, you're more than just someone I like to fuck. I like you. A lot."

Hailey frowned. "But we barely know each other." She moved closer to the taller female and nuzzled her neck. "Oh wow. You smell so good. Do you still have perfume on?"

She felt Tehmper still. "What do I smell like to you?"

"Mmm, like Axe or men's cologne, your usual scent but it's muskier." She nuzzled more. "I like that smell."

Tehmper gently pushed her back. "Um...Hail, there's something I should explain then."

She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "Whadda ya mean?"

"Um...has anyone in the Brotherhood explained what it means to bond with someone?" Hailey shook her head and Tehmper sighed. "I figured as much."

Hailey sat up onto her elbow and looked down at the vampire female. "Why? Is it something bad? What does it mean?"

Tehmper smirked. "Well, it's a pretty good thing, I guess. Um...well I guess in basic terms...urgh this is kinda awkward."

"Come on, Tehmp, please tell me." She was starting to not feel so good and she'd rather lie down and fall asleep already.

"Well to put it plainly, I've fallen in love with you." Hailey just blinked at her, speechless. "But...it's more of a permanent thing. It usually just happens with males and their females and only the male will create a bonding scent that rubs off on the female and it's like a 'stay-away' signal for other males. Frankly, I've never heard of females giving off a similar scent but that must be what you smelled on me."

"But..." Hailey stammered, "but we just met. How could you...bond with me, as you say?"

Tehmper shrugged. "I've heard it could happen instantly sometimes, or with 24 hours." She gently pulled Hailey back down to lie next to her. "But the male who bonds with a female gets extremely territorial. Although, I've heard stories of the female being just the same though not as much of a danger."

"So, what, you're going to be territorial over me?" Hailey snickered.

"Oh, babe, I already am." She pulled her in for a kiss. Hailey gasped as a wave of pain ran through her and Tehmper stopped. "Hey, are you okay?"

Hailey grit her teeth and shook her head. "No. Oh god, I can't breath." Another wave hit her. She started hyperventilating. "I-ah!-d-don't know what's happening."

Tehmper jumped out of the bed and quickly dressed, grabbing her phone at the same time. She dialed the classroom number all the students were given and grabbed Hailey's clothes too. She didn't bother with the bra and underwear and just helped her into her shirt and shorts. After what felt like forever, Vishous finally answered the phone.

"Yes, Tehmper?" his deep voice replied.

"I need someone to come get Hailey right now! I think she's starting to transition." she frantically answered.

"On it." Click

She put her phone into her back pocket and picked Hailey up bridal-style. "Hold on, babe. Someone's coming to get you."

"Urgh." she grunted in pain, curling up. "No one said it was going to hurt like this."

"You never asked." That got a little smile/grimace out of her. "Damn, you know what I just realized?" she huffed, bringing her down the stairs to the front door.

"What's that?" Hailey forced out.

"I don't get to feed you. You need a male for your transition." A doggen opened the front door so she didn't have to put Hailey down. "Sure, we can bite each other and kinda feed on each other. But in the end, we both need a male's blood if we wanna survive." She sighed in relief when she saw a doggen pulling a van up in her driveway.

"Flaw in the system, huh?" They shared a little chuckle.

Blay and Doc Jane jumped out of the back of the van and Tehmper carried her over. "Thank the Scribe Virgin, you guys got here fast."

"Well thank her that you don't live too far from the compound." Blay answered, starting to take Hailey.

"Back off!" Tehmper hissed, flashing her fangs at him. "I'm taking care of her until she needs your blood. Until then, she's mine." Blay held his hands up to show he was backing off and just held the van door open for her to climb in.

"Can I check her vitals?" Jane asked, holding up her black doctor bag. Tehmper nodded and laid Hailey on the cot/stretcher they had, keeping contact with her hand. Hailey used it to squeeze each time she was struck with more pain. Jane made quick work of checking her over. "Everything's good and seems to be holding. Vishous will be able to help me more once we get back to the compound. Blay, make sure he knows Hailey's going to have company with her." Blay nodded and pulled out his phone. "This will be an interesting night." she mumbled as they already started their ascent up the mountain road.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a writing roll after being stuck for so long. Can you comment and let me know what you think?