Black Dagger Brotherhood-Lover What?

After Transition

Amy paced the hallway outside the medic unit. It had been quiet in there for too long as far as she was concerned. She turned around as the door opened. Blay came out, his left wrist wrapped in white bandages. "Is she okay?" she blurted out.

He chuckled, knowing how worried she was. "Yeah, she's fine. She made it through okay. No major complications."

She slumped against the wall in relief and sighed. "That's good." She slid further down until she was sitting. "That's...good."

"Did you want to go in and see her?" he offered. "She's sleeping but..."

Amy shook her head. "Thanks but I'll let her rest." She looked up at him. "You should probably get some rest too. You guys were in there for a while."

He shrugged and sat across the hall from her. "I'm okay for now. I'll just need to feed later." She nodded but was looking at the door. "Penny for your thoughts?" he asked quietly.

She looked down at her lap. "I'm...I'm scared now."

He slid over so he was sitting next to her. "Why?"

"She...she seemed like she was in so much pain."

He nodded. "It is a painful process. Your whole body is changing, down to the smallest cell. Changing into a fighter's body is even more drastic of a change so it's even more intense."

Her bottom lip quivered. "She's...she's good at dealing with pain and-and she was screaming. I don't....I don't know if I can do it. How can I survive that?"

He put an arm around her shoulders and she leaned against him. "Well....when I was going through my transition, I just kept thinking that my body was going to be even better afterward." He laughed. "You shoulda seen me and Quinn and John before. We were so skinny and weak." She smirked. "We could only hold down special foods otherwise our stomachs would cramp so bad."

She started to giggle. "Were you really like that or are you just trying to cheer me up?"

He grinned. "Well we really were like that but yeah, that too." They both sighed. "Well.....I'm gonna go scrounge up some food but I'll see you at Last Meal, okay?" She nodded and he stood up.

"Blaylock?" she called before he left the hall. He stopped and looked back at her. "Thank you."

He smirked, looking pretty boy-ish. "No problem, kiddo. Any time."

Amy stood up and walked over to the medical door and debated over going in. She jumped as the door opened again and Tehmper stopped in front of her. "Hey." she said.

"Hey." Amy shuffled her feet a little, not sure what to say to the female. "Um...how is she?"

"She's good. She's awake if you wanted to talk to her." Amy nodded but didn't move. "She's hungry so I thought I'd go get her some food. She's got the weird craving it seems we all get after transitions; bacon and chocolate." Tehmper chuckled a little.

"Do you love her?" Amy blurted out, staring around the female. Tehmper looked down at the little brunette girl.

"What if I do?" What kind of answer was she looking for?

"Then...I'd say....take care of her." she answered quietly. "She can be a bit of a handful. She can have a wicked attitude sometimes, not to mention her stubbornness." She smirked a little. "But she's hilarious when she's drunk." She looked up at the red-head. "She and I have been through a lot together. We protect each other. I will not hesitate to hurt you or kill you depending on what you do to her."

Tehmper could tell from the look in the little female's eyes that now would not be the right time to smile. Instead she nodded. "I understand. But I will assure you, I have absolutely no intentions of harming her in any fashion."

Amy nodded. "Okay....May I go see her?" Tehmper stepped to the side.

"I'll take my time so you guys can talk a little."

"Thank you." The female walked away down the hall and Amy slowly made her way into the room. She went over to the recovery room and smiled when she saw Hailey sitting up in the bed. "Hey stranger."

She really looked like a stranger too. Her shirt and shorts showed her new body off. She was taller, leaner, and her muscles were toned like Payne's and Xhex's. She looked like a fighter. She looked up at Amy. Her hazel eyes had changed more towards green and they were a bright, intense color. Her whole face seemed more sculpted and strong.

"Hey." Amy was relieved that at least her voice hadn't changed. Hailey smiled and she was a little thrown by the small fangs that were there now.

"So....I'm not sure what to say now." She giggled nervously.

"I don't really know either." They were quiet for a second, looking around the room.

"Um...how do you feel?"

"I feel great!" she grinned. "I feel so strong, like I could run a dozen marathons. And I can hear and see so much better too."

Amy smiled a little at the enthusiasm in her friend's voice. "Uh, Blay said there were no major complications. I assume that meant there were some minor ones?"

Hailey laughed a little, swinging her legs over so she was sitting on the edge of the bed. "Yeah, kinda. There was a short while that I couldn't breath at all. Scared Doc pretty bad. She and Vishous figure it's when my lungs were changing, getting rid of all the damaged cells."

"Oh, okay." They fell silent again. Hailey got up, a little unsteady on her feet and carefully walked over to Amy. Before the transition, Amy came up to her chin. Now, she was just under her breasts. "Damn, you're tall." she laughed nervously.

"It's still me, Ames. My body's different but I'm still the same." She held her arms open. "Come 'mere." Amy threw herself into her arms and hugged her tightly.

"I was so scared for you." she confessed. "I wanted to be in here but you already had Tehmper and Blay and there wasn't any room for me!" She started crying, holding her tighter.

"Hey now, shhh. Everything's okay now, alright?" Hailey soothed, rubbing her back. She looked up and saw Tehmper standing in the doorway, holding a plate of bacon and bottle of chocolate syrup.

Amy looked up and saw her too. She pulled away from Hailey and wiped her eyes. "I, uh, I'll leave you guys alone I guess." Tehmper walked further into the room and Amy started heading out.

"Ames." Hailey called. Amy looked back. Tehmper was starting to pull her close, even though Hailey was looking right at her. Her eyes teared up again. 'They look so perfect together.' she thought. "We'll hang out soon, okay?" Amy nodded, not trusting her voice, and quickly left, closing the door behind her.

*Quinn*

'Urgh, I hate when I can't sleep.' he mentally grumbled as he headed down to the training center. He figured he would work out until he was exhausted, crash for a while, and then go do whatever the King had planned for him. He was supposed to be off rotation tonight but Wrath said it didn't have to do with lessers.

He opened the gym door and realized someone else was already here. Amy was over at one of the punching bags, gloved fists and kicks hitting at a steady rhythm. He was about to call over to her when he saw a flash of bright blue; her mp3 player headphones.

He carefully walked up behind her. "Ha!" he shouted, tapping her ribs and backing up.

He did not expect her reaction.

Without missing a beat, she twisted around into a roundhouse and caught him right in the ribs. "Oomf!" he grunted, catching her ankle and trying not to stumble to the side.

She stayed balanced, him holding her leg, and ripped a headphone out. "Oh my gods, Quinn! I'm so sorry!" she gasped.

"S'all good." he grunted out. "Guess I shouldn't sneak up on you, huh?"

She grinned. "Landed a solid one on ya." He smirked back. "Can I have my leg back?" He let go and she stood up, taking her other headphone out. "So...um...what'cha doin' here?"

He gestured to his body, clothed in his workout gear. "I'm here to tan. These lights are great for it, did you know that?"

She rolled her eyes. "Okay, smart-ass. Sorry if I'm a little off right now." She put one of the headphones back in and held the other one. "Well don't let me stop you. I'll just be over here." The other one went in and she turned around.

"Can you hear me now?" he asked at a normal voice level. She didn't respond and instead started a steady rhythm of punches again, her music drowning out all surrounding noises. He laughed and walked over to the weight bench. He set it to a comfortable weight where he didn't need a spotter and laid back to start. But then he just laid there, watching her.

Her shoulders and arms looked toned in her sports bra. Sweat was starting to drip down her back, making a darker spot of pink on her pants. Pieces were coming loose from her braid, making it messy and pieces falling in her sweaty face. God damn, she looked hot.

She looked over at him and he quickly looked away, grabbing the bar and starting a set. He watched as she steadied herself and started doing slow, controlled kicks. He knew personally those were a motherfucker on the thighs.

He started to set his rhythm to hers. Her knee went up, so did his bar halfway. Lower half of her leg extended, tapping the side of the bag; he completed going up. She lowered her leg all the way down, he lowered too. They kept going for about three minutes before she switched legs. Another three minutes. By now, his biceps were burning.

"What'cha doin', bro?" Quinn almost dropped the weights as Rhage snuck up on him. He racked the bar and sat up.

"I'm working out. What does it look like I'm doing?" he scoffed, using his shirt to wipe off the sweat.

"Pitchin' a tent." he chuckled, popping a lollipop into his mouth. Quinn glanced down at his lap and realized he indeed had a massive. Fucking. Boner.

"What the fuck?" he cursed. Rhage laughed. "It's not fuckin' funny, dude."

"Yeah it is, man. It's always funny when someone gets a boner at the wrong place, wrong time." He looked over at Amy, who hadn't even noticed anything new was going on. He bent closer to Quinn. "You're not thinking of laying her, are you?"

"Nah, man." he scoffed. "Look at what she did for just sneaking up on her!" He lifted his shirt and the spot where she kicked him was already bruising. Rhage roared with laughter, causing Amy to turn and take a headphone out.

"Hey there." he grinned at her. "You workin' hard or hardly workin'?"

She giggled, panting at the same time. "Isn't it a lil obvious?" She winced as she shuffled over to them and plopped onto the maps at Quinn's feet, laying her legs out and starting stretches. "Rhage, right?" He nodded. "Do you think on your next night off you can help me with some sparing? I've been told you're good at it."

He smirked. "Damn right I'm good at it. Sure, why not?"

"Thanks." she grinned up at him before doing a split stretch. Rhage grimaced, thinking of how much that hurt him. Quinn's jaw dropped a little, thinking of how that move would be amazing for sex. Both shook their heads to clear them as she straightened and stood up. "Well...guess I'll see you guys at First Meal." She gave a little wave and walked off.

"Damn." they muttered.

*Hailey*

"Oh my, you taste so good." Hailey groaned as she pulled her fangs out of Tehmper's neck. Now they had matching marks on their necks. She could feel Tehmper now, in a different way than before. She could see so many little details on her that she couldn't before and that bonding smell was even stronger and even more alluring. It was on her tongue, down her throat, and all over her skin.

They got dressed and Hailey unlocked the door before they laid back down on the bed. "So...how do you feel?" Tehmper asked as they spooned.

"Hmm, strong. Tall. A little overwhelmed."

Tehmper nuzzled her neck from behind. "You'll get used to it. It'll take some practice to be able to spar again."

Hailey chuckled with a mischievous smirk. "Oh, don't you worry 'bout that. I'll catch up soon enough."

"I'll hold you to that, leelan." she mumbled before they both fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment. I'm on a roll and I'm trying to keep going as long as the muse is speaking to me.