Black Dagger Brotherhood-Lover What?

Short talk

Hailey slowly came to and very quickly realized she was tied to a chair and was not going anywhere. She raised her head and looked around the room she was in. Amy was tied up next to her, still unconscious. The room around her looked like some kind of pansy-ass french parlor, with light pastel colors all over the place. It looked like a room for a petite little girl or a girly queen. What was in front of her was different though. The desk and....throne in front of her were solid wood and looked wicked old and kinda intimidating and cool. She could picture some large, intimidating-looking male sitting behind it, barking out orders.

"Nice to see you're alive." a deep voice rumbled behind her. Heavy footsteps thudded on the carpet and a large male with really long hair came into her view, a golden retriever with a harness at his side. He looked like he'd fit right in behind that desk. And whadda ya know. He sat down behind it. "I told Vishous to bring you in without hurting anyone. Didn't realize you'd be the one doing the hurting."

"Sorry to ruin your little plan, but I don't go anywhere unwillingly without a fight." Hailey frowned, trying to twist her hands in the ropes.

"Don't bother trying to slip out of those." the guy spoke up, stopping her attempts.

She let out a huff. "Fine then. Who are you anyway? Where are we? And what's going on?"

The large male sat back in his...throne, yeah it was a throne. "I am Wrath, son of Wrath, and I am the King. You are currently in the mansion of a band of warriors known to us as the Black Dagger Brotherhood. We defend our race against those pale guys you met last night, called lessers. They are meant to eliminate us, but we try to prevent that. Unfortunately, they gather more numbers quickly while our number of fighters dwindles. That is why you are here." he explained.

Hailey frowned again. "Who are you referring to as 'us' and 'our'? What race are you talking about? And who are you the king of? And what does any of that have to do with us?"

He sat quietly for a second. She sensed he was looking at her but she couldn't tell through the dark lenses of his wraparounds. "This has to do with you two because you are very soon going to be a part of our race. We've been around for quite some time." He paused for another second. "Have you heard of the stories of Count Dracul, or Elizabeth Bathory?"

She thought, pulling memories of Amy mentioning Bathory a couple times, and everyone knew Dracul, aka Dracula. "Yeah. Count Dracul was Dracula and he supposedly sucked the blood of a lot of people. He's the basis of vampire legends. And Elizabeth Bathory murdered a bunch of virgin girls and bathed in their blood, believing it kept her young. Why?"

He gave a little smirk. "Those are the stories known to all mortals. However, they're more of bad apples in our tree of ancestors. Count Dracul did suck the blood of many humans, but that was because he was mad with thirst and didn't have a female to feed from, so he went on a bit of a spree, trying to satiate his never-ending thirst. Only a female of our kind would fill him though. Bathory also had a little twist. She did bath in the blood, thinking it kept her young, but she also drank it, thinking that did the same. When her husband had left, she didn't have a male to feed her, and that's when she fed on and murdered the noble girl that got her caught. The villagers bricked her up in a room that let in one shaft of light when day came. It was rather unfortunate that she got caught in that ray the next day. Then there was no more of her."

Hailey's mind buzzed a little, trying to figure this all out. "Wait. Are you saying they really were...vampires?" Wrath nodded. "You're saying they're ancestors...and you said 'our kind'...so......you're a vampire?" Wrath nodded again, letting her figure everything out herself. "And you said we're soon going to be a part of your race so.....we're vampires?" Wrath slowly nodded.

"Both of you have quite a bit of vampire blood in your veins. From who, we don't know, but it's there. Your transitions are coming very soon. If we hadn't found you within the next three months, you would have died. It would have been worse because you guys are warriors too, so the blood is stronger."

"Wait wait wait. What do you mean we're warriors?"

"Your scent smells like that of a fighter's. After you two transition, you are meant to be fighters in this war, fighting along side us, the brotherhood."

Hailey looked over at Amy, who was still unconscious, but breathing. She didn't want her fighting. It was one thing when they had to to make it home at night, but it was another to willingly go looking for the enemy, always having the possibility of not coming back. She didn't want her out there. She wanted Amy to be safe. She knew that once she explained all this to her and told her she wanted her to stay out of that, she would protest, but maybe she would see that it was best. "Are you absolutely sure about this? Are you completely sure that we're going to change and that we're meant to fight?"

"I'm certain of it. And I would love it if you agreed to fight with us once you can." Hailey nodded after a second. "I have to say, you're taking this extremely well."

Hailey shrugged. "I can't explain it, but this just feels right. I've always felt like I didn't quite belong and....now I do."

"How do you think your friend will handle it?"

She shrugged again. "Guess we'll find out soon enough."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you if you've read this far. Please comment. I'm liking this so far but if I don't think there's enough people reading it and liking it, then I'll take this down and just keep the story in my drafts and write it there. So please tell me if you like it.