Status: In ***in' progress!!!

She's So Gone

Chapter Four

I didn't stop running until I felt metal in the back of my throat.

That thing.

That beast, it wasn't of this word. Worst of all I didn't have my gun.

"Did I drop it somewhere?" I asked out loud, searching the ground. In the mist of my search the around me seemed to become darker. Moving objects came to a standstill. Time stopped.

I knew this feeling. I knew it well.

"Jack. What's going on? I thought sonians were concealed for eternity." I quizzed, whirling around instantly on my heels.

"Well, my dear, it seems one's not." Jack replied. His body slowly emerging from the shadows.

" Oh gee, thanks captin obvious."

"Anytime general douchebag." His teeth baring as he flashed a mile. It was always the same smile. The one that never reached his eyes.
-cough- "Anyway it appears as though a sector of our prision has been breeched and the Sonians are after one thing. The one with the eal."

"Wait, it's the bloody underworld! Your telling me that not even they can hold their own?"

"Only one sector. Were you not listening? It might have been an inside job. Nothing's final. For now you are ordered to protect the keeper." Jack begn to fade from the feet.

"Where do I take the keeper?" I quickly inquired before he completely disappeared.

"Base 23-73."

Out of all the places, why did it have to be there?

"Hold on. Jack, who is the keeper?" He was gone from vision but his presents slightly remained.

"You just met her."

The fuck. I hoped he didn't mean her. If I could I wouldv've prayed that it wasn't her.
"You don't mean Nicolette?"

"Protect the keeper." It was barely a whisper.

The city resumed the way it was. Time began again. People and automobiles busled around as I began walking back the way I ran.

How could I protect her when I couldn't even stand to be within ten feet of her. I didn't even knew her for more than ten minutes before she started making my life hell within a hell. She, like majority of the human race had a vague idea of what my world was like. I was, what one would call, a defender.

"Miss, this is for you." A boy no bigger than seven, maybe, handed me an object wrapped in office paper. I unraveled the item without once paying attention to where I was going. My gun, another, and a note were revealed to me.

It looks like you dropped this. It's been motified and enhanced. Plus a twin accompanies it. Do try not to lose them this time, I will not help you again.
Jack.
P.s 1721 April Lane suite 207. ( You might want to get there before daybreak.)


"Jerk." I spoke feeling a small smile form.

A cold, crystal bead fell from the heavens, sliding over my shoulder. It wasn't long before others joined along, damping the streets.

"Raining again?"

Moments filled with quick steps along the sidewalk. I was in no hurry to get to the girl, but I moved swiftly enough that I appeared to be running.

****************************************************************

"I asked if you recognized my voice, dear."

"Wow. Being dead has made you fucking sick and twisted. My dear." It didn't take long for me to reach the address written in the note. I stood still for hours awaiting the fiend to show itself. Finally, break of dawn, Nicolette sprawled out on her bed and the creeper hoovering over her.

Somehow she seemed to snap into reality.

"Get off of me!" What the fuck Tristan! And you, what are you doing here?"

For someone who should've had a killer hangover, she sure was loud. After that I would need an asprin.

I didn't waste time, my left arm swung around in front of me. The second gun painted gold and green with a double R engraved was visible.

The thing bolted to the right. It tried to escape, but wasn't quick enough befored my original purple stained gun pushed out two rounds. One hitting it in the chest, the other; in the head.

"What? No catch phrase?" she said sarcastly.

Did I not just save the bitch's life? "I'm surprised you stayed claim."

Still dressed in the attire from the night before, Nicolette hobbled out of bed and stoood over the re-dead body.

"Yeah, well, murder doesn't really phase me anymore." Her foot lightly tapping the head. As quickly as it moved, the creature sprang back to life. It grabbed the girl's ankle.

"For crying out loud!" I stalked over to both of them. The second gun, aimed at the imposter Tristan's head.

Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!

"Jesus! Fuck! You couldn't have put a silencer on that? Shit, my head is throbbing." Nicolette slowly moved to her bathroom. Painkillers, I guessed.

"Payback's a bitch, eh? Plus it's new, it doesn't have a silencer yet." She walked out heading to the kitchen, her middle finger flashing the whole way there. Minutes later she reappered in the doorway.

"What are you going to do with him?"

"Send it to USP."

I placed both guns together. A spark of light started at the tip, brushing up to my arms. Gently I was lifted off the ground. The light continued forming a large set of blinding white wings on my back. Automatically my voice spoke the imprisonment chant.

"Dooshokoo. Daashaaka. Daishaikai." The light enhanced, swirling around the body. Again it jolted up, but was confinded in the light prison. It grew smaller as the light dimed.
My wings opened, the good part just starting. They spread open wider then stopped. The white feathers melting black. All at once the wings shut, the light was gone and what seemed like glitter fell in it's place. Gracefully I landed before the keeper, Nicolette.

"So your an angel." she was biting back laughter.

"No. I'm human." I gave her no satisfaction.

"With wings?" That time she let loose.

"Funny."

"Ok. Ok. I'm done." Another set of giggles attacked her. I exited the room. It was going to be a stressful job.

"What's USP?" She asked grabbing my wrist.

"What?" I pulled away, but stood, eyeing her carefully.

"You said it earlier. You said 'sending him to USP.' Then the freak light show happened."

"Underworld Security Protection."