I Don't Have Much In Life But Take It - It's Yours.

six.

I'm wondering why I have a homeless boy in my shower round about now, not exactly sure how it happened. Not that I mind of course. It's going to be hard keeping that fact from my sister, and maybe my parents if they come home, though, since they would freak out and probably kick the both of us out if they found out.
There's one thing that I'm sure of though, is that I'm not letting this boy go. That boy with his shining eyes. I sink further back into the bed, just laying there for a second with my hands over my eyes.

"Who is he then?" My sister bursts through the door, not even bothering knocking.

"Oh go away," I say, sitting up a little.

"No seriously, Jacob, who is he? Another little fuck.. no, he's too.. disgusting for that, who is he?"

"I told you to go away, and my name is not Jacob! It's Jay okay?" I say, standing up to face her.

"Who is he? Come on Jacob just tell me! ...He's homeless isn't he! You brought a fucking hobo into the house!" She says, starting for the door, for the phone and I know she'll tell the parents.

I lunge at her and grab her arm, "He's not fucking homeless okay, he's just a friend! Now please go away..." I know exactly how to make her go away, "You're fake eyelashes are coming off,"

She screams and runs off down the hallway, slamming her door behind her, "Brie said they wouldn't come off!" I sink back onto the bed, covering my eyes with my hands again. I lay there for a while, and I notice the hum of the shower has stopped.

There's a knock on the door a minute or two later and I sit up a little, making some sort of noise to say it's okay for Fynn to come in. And I swear my jaw drops when the door opens. Fynn's hair's flopping into those eyes, droplets of warm water dripping off the ends. There's water slowly trickling down his thin chest. All he's wearing are a pair of grey boxers and I'm trying not to stare. Instead I fix my eyes on his icy blue gaze.

There's a blush across his pale cheeks, a pink tinge that reaches across each cheek and his nose, "Can I, uh, have you got any, any clothes for me to borrow? Because all my stuff is like all dirty, I mean, if you like, if you want, want to, you know.. I mean.."

If someone took a picture of me right now I would look like a goldfish, honestly. I can't get my words out and I'm scrunching my t-shirt through my hands. Neither of us say anything, I'm trying so hard to say something to stop the awkward silence, but Fynn breaks it before me.

"I guess that's a no then.. I'll put my old ones on.."

I snap out of it and stand up, my fingers sliding round his wrist to stop him turning away. He shivers at my touch and I drop his hand, "Sure.. I'll find something, something non neon," He nods and I'm trying to shake that feeling in my gut that makes me want to kiss him. I pull some baggy dark jeans, probably my only baggy pair, and a black tee from a drawer, handing them to Fynn, whose still standing awkwardly.

"Oh.. do you want some boxers too?" I say softly, finally managing to get some words out. I find my hands are shaking a tiny bit when he nods and I hand him a pair of black boxers from another drawer. He smiles just a little when I give him the boxers and he turns to go back into the bathroom.

I sit back on the bed and inadvertently sit on the remote for the television, turning it on, trancecore music blasting from the obscure channel. I sing along to Enter Shikari's Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour, lying back on the bed.

The door opens again and this time Fynn's fully clothed and I quickly sit back up, turning down the TV a little. Fynn's stands there a little awkwardly, twisting the belt loops of the jeans, that look super baggy on him, through his fingers.

"You can sit down, you know," I say softly, smiling to show I'm not trying to be mean. He returns the smile slightly, just a little twitch at the corners of his mouth and stumbles over to the bed, slowly climbing on the opposite side to me, so we're as far away as possible. He sits awkwardly, his knees hugged to his chest, as if he's trying to keep as much of himself off the bed as possible.

"So.." I say, trying to make conversation, "Do you wanna watch a film or something?"

He nods, and I climb off the bed, stumbling over to the cabinet beneath the TV, and kneeling in front of it, pulling open the frosted glass doors. I look behind me and Fynn's still hunched on the bed, "Come help me look for a film you'll like?" I say, and he gets up off the bed, coming over and kneeling next to me. We have to squash together to both look in the cabinet and when I glance over he senses I'm looking at him. My eyes flicker to his lips and I can feel his breath. I want to kiss him, but I know I can't, not yet, so I just smile and turn away.

I see The Crow on the end of the row I'd just been searching and pull it out, "What about this?"

"Yeahh, I'd like that," He says softly, taking the case from me with shaking fingers and turning it over to look at the back. He quickly reads the back and hands it back to me, "Yeah.." I stand up and offer him my hand to pull himself up, and he slides his hand into mine, pulling himself up.

I turn on the DVD player and push in the Crow DVD, going back to the bed that Fynn's curled up on again, "Fynn, relax eh? No one minds you being on the bed, just sit back, yeah?"

His eyes connect with mine, a rare thing, and he relaxes a little, leaning back on the lime green cushions, "See, it's not that bad," I say, smiling, touching his upper arm. He flinches a little and I quickly move, "Sorry.."

"Dont apologise.." He says quietly, running a hand through his unkempt hair, "It's my fault, I'm just not used to.." He trails off and averts his eyes again. I nudge him a little when the movie properly starts and he looks up through his hair, shaking it out his eyes so he can watch it. Nothing happens until the movie gets to the point where we see Eric getting killed, when they pull on his arms so he's held like a cross and they send two bullets straight through his chest.

There's a whimper from next to me and I look over at Fynn, whose eyes are clenched shut, and he's visibly shaking. I reach out and touch his arm again, saying his name softly. He whimpers louder and shies away, almost falling off the bed.

"Fynn," I whisper, reaching out to pull him from the edge of the bed, and he bends his head, pressing it against my chest, "What's up?"

"It's.. no, it doesn't matter, it's stupid," He says, his voice cracking into my shirt.

"No, it does, please tell me," I say, hesitantly running a hand through his hair.

"It's.. just one of my, my friends, they, uh, they kinda got shot, like that, because she couldn't pay back these, these loans, and, they like, they, uh, made us watch.."

"Oh god.." I say softly, running a hand through his hair again. After a minute or two I break the silence again, "So I'm thinking we should turn this film off right? I dont want you to get freaked out," I feel him nod against my chest and I climb off the bed, turning off the DVD player and the TV.

I watch Fynn slump onto the bed and I feel this pang, this guiltiness, that he shouldn't have to go through what he has. But I can't do anything, "Want to get something to eat?" He looks up sharply, and I know he's hungry, he must be, so I pull open the door and wait for him to get up off the bed and hurry out the door.

I manage to slip my hand in his and feel a rush when he tightens his fingers round mine. We dart downstairs, glad that either the house is empty or my sisters in her room fixing her eyelashes. When we get to the kitchen Fynn stares round in awe again. I just hang my head, pulling us over to the fridge, which I pull open, "So what do you want?"

His jaw drops a little at our packed fridge and he shrugs, "I dont mind.."

"Well, I'm kind of a shit cook, so I'm either thinking microwave-able stuff, or just like crisps or something? Or, you know, we could just order in.."

"Yeah," He shrugs again, and he still hasnt let go of my hand, "Sure,"

"Order in?" I ask, and he nods, "What kind? They do good pizza just down the road?"

"Pizza it is then," He says quietly, and I pull a pizza menu from a shelf. We decide what we're going to have and I order it, telling Fynn that it'll be about ten minutes, so we just kill time in the kitchen. I almost, almost, get Fynn to tell me about him, but when the doorbell rings, he shuts up, fast.

I get up and answer the door, and pay for the pizzas. I stick my head back in the kitchen, with two pizza's in my hands and tell Fynn we're eating upstairs. He follows me upstairs and I dump the pizzas in the middle of the bed, climbing on, and pulling open one of the boxes. Fynn sits next to me and shakily opens the other box. I watch him eat for a minute or two, my first slice still hanging from my fingers, a slight smile on my lips.

"Fynn.. tell me about you..?" I ask, taking a tiny bite of my pizza. He shakes his head, "Please?" He shakes his head again, "Oh come on Fynn, please,"

He suddenly tenses and moves back, anger flashing through his eyes, "I dont want to talk about it, okay?" He glares at me and I shrink away under his hard gaze.

"Okay... sorry," I say, putting my pizza down and pushing the rest of it towards Fynn, "Do you want mine too? You must be hungry.."

"Do you mind?" He says, touching the pizza box, and I shake my head.

"Like I said, you must be hungry," I smile as I watch him fall on my pizza, eating in record time. He closes both boxes and leans back a little, and I can tell it's been the first time he's been properly full for a long time. I take the pizza boxes and dump them in the bin a little behind me, and when I turn back to Fynn he's stifling a yawn behind his hand.

"Dya wana sleep?" I ask, climbing off the bed and pulling away the covers a little.

"Sure," he says through another yawn, and I smile, pulling back the covers fully. I give Fynn another really baggy tee to wear and he mutters a small thank you when he heads for the bathroom door. I pull the curtains closed and turn off the main light, flipping on a little lime green beside one.

I quickly pull off my clothes, and pull on the baggy tee hanging from the edge of the bed, a black one thats been washed too many times and has turned grey. I slip between the sheets and pull them up to my shoulders, rolling onto my side. The door opens out the corner of my eye and Fynn hurries in, hesitating at the side of the bed. I pull back the covers on his side and he climbs in, pulling the sheets back on his shoulders. He rolls to face me and I reach behind us to turn off the lights.

"Are you sure you dont mind sharing a bed?" I ask through the darkness.

"Yeah. I'm sure,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Jenn in da house :)
give us comments give us love :)
xxx