Look What Happened

three

The next day everything went back to normal, the car ride had never happened. Lunch time came and Quinn sat down in her now usual spot under the tree.

She felt someone sit down next to her, but she kept her head down.

"Go away Matt."

"Why?" he asked as he took a bite out of his lunch.

Quinn sighed, "What do you want Matt?"

"I want to eat lunch with my friend," he said with a cheeky grin.

Quinn tilted her head up to look at him, "We're not friends."

It was Matt's turn to sigh, "I know, but I want to be your friend again."

Quinn stood up abruptly, dusted herself off and looked down at Matt.

"Think on this Matt, Tommy wasn't the only one who abandoned me. Do you have what it takes to be friends with me now? All the whispers and the stares? Think about that." With that she walked back into the school building.

*******************************************************************************

Tommy pushed his friend roughly up against a locker. "What the hell were you doing at lunch?" his voice was deathly quiet.

Matt put up his hands in defense, "Whoo! All I did was sit with Quinn."

"Exactly. If you hurt her I will break you!"

"Chill Tom, I just want to be her friend and maybe if you calm down I'll put a good word in for you."

Tommy sat Matt back on to the ground and backed away, "Sorry man."

"It's okay Tom, everyone makes mistakes, we should now we made a huge one. I'm just trying to fix it, she'll come back, don't worry."
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit.