Status: Updating frequently

The Only Exception

Chapter One:

Evangeline Morningstar felt laughter bubble from her lips as she glanced towards Seamus Finnegan who yet again blew up another cauldron in his face, Evangeline’s Ravenclaw’s robes were proudly placed on the seventh year, her dark brown hair was braided back, her robes were a contrast to her tanned skin, and her hazy eyes that swirled with color, enthusiasm and an exceedingly bright mind glimmered in the dim lighting of the Potions classroom.

“Shut it, Morningstar,” hissed Parkinson who grew increasingly annoyed with the Ravenclaw, completely displeased with the fact she was partnered with the know it all, a girl that Pansy had grown up with, though Evangeline was American Native-American, and had spent the first six years of her life with her mother before she passed, Evangeline had moved to live with her father’s side of the family and her grandmother, a batty old woman in the young maiden’s eyes, had immersed Evangeline in the Pureblood lifestyle that was rightfully the young heir’s as well as rightfully within her blood as her own heritage.

“Oh don’t be such a pansy, Parkinson,” grinned Evangeline, since Evangeline had come to Hogwarts with the rest of her former friends, she had been sorted as a Ravenclaw while, much to the dismay of many, including the former Slytherin grandmother, were all sorted away to the Dungeons and wore their green and silver robes proudly. The only thing her grandmother had said to the eleven year old Evangeline was At least it wasn’t Gryffindor or Hufflepuff and never tried to acknowledge the fact that the expected Slytherin had not followed the ancient House of Blackwell and been sorted away, but then again, Evangeline really wasn’t a Blackwell, at least not by name, when her father was imprisoned and later died in Azkaban, her mother made sure to erase any trace of the deceased Death Eater and by the age of one, Evangeline was legally known as Evangeline Marie Morningstar taking her mother’s maiden name and leaving England behind.

“Filthy blood traitor,” sneered Pansy Parkinson as she adverted her watery brown eyes towards Professor Slughorn, her pug face contorted in annoyance, and to think, at one point, these two young women, as little girls, were the best of friends. By the end of class, Evangeline had gathered her things, and in the rush of things of the first day of lessons had bumped into a very strong body, who held her upright from toppling to the floor, with a frown, once Evangeline had looked up, saw the pale and handsome face of Draco Malfoy, her former childhood best friend, Draco Malfoy hadn’t really looked at Evangeline all year, but in those moments, he was transfixed, her eyes held the same mirthful and innocent look they always obtained, they glimmered in a way that made Draco pause, a sneer stopping and he found himself dumbfounded, Evangeline was far more beautiful this year than any other year, Evangeline easily was known as the fittest girl in their year since third year, but since their falling out, both had avoided one another like the plague, Draco hardly even looked at Evangeline and if he were ever honest with himself, he would admit that her being sorted into Ravenclaw and their fight seven years prior had hurt him deeply, because Evangeline was the one to enact her cold and indifferent demeanor towards him.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” said Evangeline offering a kind smile before leaving Draco staring after the Ravenclaw girl, her friends were expectantly waiting for Evangeline and had watched carefully between the brief and awkward exchange between the two. If Evangeline was ever honest with herself, she would note that her heart sped up at Draco’s odd gaze and her skin tingled from the skin to skin contact the two briefly shared, but Evangeline had disregarded that interaction and went to her next class, Defense against the Dark Arts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be wonderful