Status: Please comment and tell me what you think! :)

Born To Be Your Baby

Chapter 5

After throwing the blackened pizza into the garbage and cleaning up a few things in the kitchen, I walked back into the living room where Zacky was sitting on the couch and talking on the phone.

"What do you want on the pizza?" he asked.

"Just cheese," I said.

He rolled his eyes and smiled, relaying the message to the guy on the phone.

"Just cheese?" he asked me after he hung up. "What are you 3 years old?"

I just smirked at him. He rolled his eyes and scooted over on the couch so that I could sit next to him. I plopped down next to him and stared at the TV. It suddenly got sort of awkward. I glanced over at Zacky who alternated between looking at the TV and picking at his nails.

"So..." I didn't really know what to say, but I hoped I'd think of something. "What did they say about your car?"

"Huh?"

I guess I snapped him out of his trance.

"Your car. What did they say about it?"

"Oh, yeah, they said they'd be here in about half an hour or so."

And another awkward silence.....

"So, what were you doing around here anyway before your car broke down?"

I was seriously running out of small talk.

"I was on my way to Brian's house. We were gonna hang out for a while and then go to Johnny's Bar and meet the guys."

"Cool, I've heard that place. I haven't actually been there though."

"Really? Well, you should go with us," he smiled. "The guys' girlfriends will be there, and you'll like them."

"Oh, I don't know. I have to work tomorrow, so I should probably just stay here."

"Come on, it'll be fun! If you're going to be working with us, you gotta party with us too," he smiled.

I thought about it for a second.

"I mean, if you don't want to, you don't have to. I just thought maybe..." he drifted off almost looking disappointed.

"No, I'll go," I said.

"Really?" he looked up at me.

"Yeah, sure," I smiled.

We watched TV for another half an hour or so when there was a knock at the door.

"It's probably the pizza," Zacky said getting up and going towards the door.

"Hold on, let me grab my purse."

"Don't worry about it," he said as he opened the door.

He handed the guy some money and took the pizza from him.

"One cheese pizza coming up!" he said bringing it over to the table.

I grabbed a couple of plates and went to sit across the table from Zacky. We each grabbed a slice of pizza and ate in silence for a few moments before Zacky's phone went off.

"Hello?" he said through a mouthful of food.

I couldn't tell who he was talking to, but it sounded like a man's voice; I just assumed it was one of the guys.

"My car broke down....Yeah, I'll just meet you at Johnny's....I'm gonna ride with Storm.... Yeah, I'm at her place right now....Oh, shut up."

The defensiveness in his voice at the last part caught my attention. It made me curious about what the person on the phone must have said about him being here.

"Ok, I'll see ya later," he finished and hung up the phone.

"One of the guys?" I asked.

"Yeah, it was Jimmy. I told him we'd meet him and the rest of the guys at the bar."

"Ok," I smiled at him.

He smiled back at me, and my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. This was so not me being professional....
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know...this is a really short chapter. It's just a filler though. I promise! I've been super busy. so I haven't had time to write. It will get much better soon. Please comment :) You guys can follow me on Twitter now too if you want @PaigeRnR :)