Status: I'll update as much as I can! =)

Night Light.

.002

"You look so cute!" I told my little brother as I put on the finishing touch to his costume, the cape. He put his hands on his hips and assumed a super hero pose. I took a picture of his stance, while he giggled like a mad man. Regan flew around the house with his arms out in front of him.

"Come here Batman we have to get to the batmobile!"I said as I caught him around the waist, tickling him as he screeched from the torcher.

"Kenny!, what about you?" Reggie asked me, as I took his hand to leave to get into the car.

"What about me?" I asked him, as he dug his feet into the floor of my mother's home, his sneakers leaving scuff marks on the cherry wood. Something I'm sure I'll hear about later. The blond boy looked at me, his blue eyes widening in an innocent look.

"You don't have a costume!" The blond boy exclaimed like it was the end of the world.

"I'm too big for costumes, Reg." I told him, he crossed his arms and began to pout.

"You said we would have fun..." I sighed, my brother didn't have to do much to make me feel bad. I looked around my mother's elegant house, observing her tapestries, she makes enough money. Why does she need to work so much?

"Alright, but you have to help me pick out a costume..." I told him, he cheered and jumped up and down, he grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs to the attic.

***

About an hour later I stared at myself in the mirror, the fake fangs in my mouth made me feel like an idiot but I reminded myself that it was for Regan. I knew Brandon was going to have something to say about this, I shook my head as I looked at the outfit we had pulled together, it didn't look bad it was one of my mom's pinstripped pant suits. I looked like I was part of the mob, so I grabbed the phadora off my old dresser and put it on top my head. Hoping to hide the ridiculous fangs.

I do not like vampires at all, the thought of a human looking creature draining you dry of blood just gives me the creeps. The Twilight vampires don't count because let's be honest if you saw someone sparkling in the light you'd most likely laugh and then ask if they used too much body glitter.

I sighed and turned around once more, "Okay how do I look?"

Regan looked me up and down and then stopped at my feet. "Wait here!"

I laughed as he ran down the hallway, I listened to some rustiling and an "Aha!" I heard his foot steps come running down the hallway, he then burst into the room holding a pair of stiletto knee high boots, I gaped at them as he handed them to me.

"Put those on Kenny." Reggie said as he sat on my old twin bed, admiring my many band posters, that my mom never touched nor took off.

I stared at the boots as I held them, was the boy crazy? I don't really wear heels. Especially stilettos, how the hell am I suppose to walk door to door in those suckers?

"Regan, these won't be comfortable for me to wear if we're walking..." I said apprehensively.

"Please Kennedy,please." The blond boy begged his hands cupped in front of him, I was going to give in and I knew it.

"Fine, then I'm bringing my sneakers!" He nodded repeatdly, I plopped down on the bed next to him and began to pull on the knee high boots they were more work to pull on then my skinny jeans.

"Okay now we have got to go, We are late Batman." I said scooping him up off the bed and grabbed his orange pumpkin too.

I buckled him into the car seat, and drove away from the curb. Reggie looked out the window excited, seeing all the other children in their costumes with the buckets of over flowing candy in their hands. It didn't take long for us to reach Brandon's, I honked the horn and almost pissed my pants at the sight I saw.

"What in God's name are you wearing?" I asked him once he was in the car.

"I'm Robin, duh!" He said gesturing with his arm to his costume.

"Did you have to wear the tights?" I asked holding back my laughter.

"It wouldn't look right without them!" I couldn't contain my laughter anymore, It just came out and I couldn't stop. It was too funny.

"Are you done,laughing at my expense now?" Brandon pouted like my kid brother.

"Yeah sorry about that, I couldn't help it." I said a few more giggles thrown in for good measure.

"And what are you suppose to be?" He asked all haughtily as if I was an amateur.

"You can't tell? Tell him Regan." I said playfully returning my best-friends tone.

"Kenny is a vampire Mobster!" Regan shouted happily.

"So there." I said sticking my tongue out at him.

"Hmmph." My friend said tuning in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest like a big baby.

"Okay so here are the rules, 1) Do not walk too far ahead of me, 2) Do not open the candy until I have looked at both of you. and 3) If I don't like the look of the house we are not stepping foot onto the property. Understand?" I asked as I pulled my car over onto the side of the road on Rose Avenue, I shifted my glance between Regan and my twenty-two year old friend.

They raised their two fingers. "Boy scouts' honor."

I rolled my eyes and unlocked the doors and helped my little brother out of the car seat. Placing him on the ground in front of me, taking his hand to guide him down the street. I locked the silver Fusion, and began down the street, Pulling my flashlight out of the back pocket of the pant suit and flicked it on in front of us.

I chuckled as Brandon took Reggie's other hand, he led him house to house on the street. Collecting piles among piles of candy. I constantly checked pocket watch that came with the jacket, to make sure I wouldn't have him up past his bed time. For some odd reason I felt like I was being watched when I reached the end of the road. Then I realized I was in front of the old rickety house.

Brandon and I used to dare each other to step onto the place's step's, I never got farther than the gate that surrounded the larger old home. It was the exact definition of creepy. As I looked at the house It reminded me why I never could grow the balls I needed to further my journey. It's rickety black shutters along with the chipping white paint and a semi-broken window was enough to keep me on the other side of the street.

Did I see a shadow move? I screamed as someone put their hand on my shoulder. I grabbed my heart when I realized it was just Brandon. "You're a jerk." I scolded.

"That's not nice Kenny." Regan scolded in the same time, causing Brandon to laugh. I sighed at the effect that Brandon has over my little brother.

"It's also not nice to scare someone, Reggie." I told him, I watched the my brother's contort into one of submission. He knew I was right.

"This house still gives you the creeps? Even now?" Brandon asked me. As he stifled his giggle, with his hand.

"Look at it, Branflake it should be condemned by the city." I said, my eyes fixated on the spot of where I thought I saw someone. I shivered at the thought of the place being haunted.

"The city's cheap, they're not going to bother until it completely collapses...." My friend said looking at the old house, then I saw a smile spread across his face, oh no I knew that look.

"Up for a challenge?" Brandon asked me wiggling his eyebrows.

I shook my head and gave him a look of disapproval. "Nuh-uh no way." I said making an 'X' motion with my arms.

"Aw come on, I'll be right behind ya."

"You always say that right before you take off! Nope not happening." I told him. He shrugged his shoulders and began walking towards the house, my eyes widened. I'm sure he's just kidding I thought to myself as he approached the gate to the property as he walked through it like he owned the place.

"Brandon! Get back here!" I called as I lifted my brother into my arms, not moving from the spot on the street, several other trick or treaters passed us but paid no mind, as my stupid friend did something ironically stupid.

"Nope! I'm going to show you there is nothing to be afraid of." Brandon called, I could feel my anixety spike as he stepped onto the wooden stairs one foot after the other making his way onto the seemingly unstable porch.

"What's going on Kennedy?" Reggie asked through a yawn. He placed his arms around my neck as I watched worriedly my friend knock on the abandoned door.

"Brandon's being stupid." I said quietly, Brandon turned around and lifted his hands up, as if to say look at me Imma bad ass. The door suddenly opened behind Brandon and he was pulled inside. My anxiety was through the roof, It was like he was sucked into a vortex with how quickly he disappeared.

But I knew I wouldn't leave my friend behind. He was most likely just messing with me to be an ass. But I had to make sure I swallowed the lump in my throat and tightened my hold on my brother, who was falling asleep on my shoulder. I crossed the gate and slowly walked my way up the cobble stone path, I gulped as I reached the old stairs.

Well here goes nothing, I raised my fist to knock on the door. But it was already opened, and there in front of me was a man with black hair and soft Chocolate brown eyes. However they didn't seem happy.

I remember gazing into his eyes before everything going black.
♠ ♠ ♠
And Enter BVB!