Status: I'll update as much as I can! =)

Night Light.

.009

***(November 9th, 2011)***
***(12:00 PM)***

I stood outside of the apartment of said old friend, after I had dropped Regan off at school. Brandon had to work so I was flying solo not that I was complaining I always loved being around this person. I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer, I heard all of the shuffling behind the wood before he got to the door.

He pulled open the door and I grinned widely, he reciprocated the smile. "Michael!" The long haired man with beautiful teeth appeared to not have changed at all since high school.

He chuckled and pulled me into his arms, "Kennedy Lincoln James, it's been along time!"

I hugged him back as tightly, "It has."

Michael moved out of the doorway, "Come in." I shuffled into the average sized apartment, it was rather dark in there, it was very gothic based. Dark tapestries ,dark carpet and dark furniture. I shook my head, some things never change. He offered me a drink and I gratefully accepted a bottle of Mountain Dew. I then sat down on his black leather couch, he sat across from me on the matching recliner.

"So, what's up?" He asked me, I felt a little guilty but I sort of needed his help on something he specializes on like, vampire folklore. I crossed my leg over the other and sat back on the couch more.

"I kind of need your help with something..." I told him, kind of embarrassed by it. He didn't seem phased by it at all.

"I'm all ears." I sucked in a deep breath, and rolled up my sweater sleeve getting ready to show him the marking. I knew Christian explained it to me but I needed a second opinion to make sure he wasn't lying to me. I can't exactly say I trust him one hundred percent when he keeps stealing blood from me.

"Can you possibly tell me what this is?" Michael moved to kneel down n front of me, it seemed by the way he examined it he knew what would happen if he touched it. He ran his finger around the lettering like he was feeling for something.

"Did you get a tattoo?" Michael asked me, I rolled my eyes.

"Do you think I would make a big deal if I knew what it was?!" I asked him, he laughed at me and just continued to look and touch the skin around my wrist.

"Well, I had to make sure...."

"It's not a tattoo I got willingly." I told him, his eyes seemed to take in my information. He had an answer for me, but he was debating on whether or not I would believe him.

"Well to me it looks like a vampire has called dibs on you...A very powerful vampire at that." Michael said.

"How do you know he's powerful?" I asked unsure, and definitely nervous.

"Have you been hanging around vamps?"

"It's a long story but yeah I guess..." I told him, he looked at me in wonder. But then it faded as he thought about something for a little while longer, A worried look crossed his features quickly.

"Not the ones on Rose Street?" Michael asked me, almost like it was a bad thing.

"Why? What did they do?" I asked him, Michael groaned.

"Let me see your arm again." I stuck my arm out,"Do you see the lines around the initials?" He asked me again, as he gently pointed to each one with a finger careful not to touch it.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well each one represents a line of power, this one has eight. Meaning he is one of the vampire princes, if I'm right it's 'The Destroyer'. He can be extremely cruel, they've been terroizing humans in the city since 1940. " I gulped at the new information, But I also was pissed He had lied to me, telling me it was necessary. What a sick fuck!

"Now look at the leaves between the lines..." Michael instructed I looked, actually looking into the intricate design for once, noticing how many leaves there were, it wasn't many.

"There's only two." I told him, taking a sip out of the bottle of pop. What I really needed was a beer.

"The leaves represent how many heirs you will give him, so either you'll be having twins or two seperate pregnancies." He told me, I choked on my drink. He quickly slapped my back to help me breathe again.

"What?!" I gasped out, I had my brother to take care of I'm not giving anyone children for a very long freakin time they can suck it. "I'm not having kids."

"The only way to avoid that would be taking a certain kind of birth control, that I'll be more than happy to help you get. It shouldn't be that hard to find, you'd be surprised what you can find at drugstores in the city." He told me, I sighed.

"Anything to not have kids..." I sighed, relieved I could avoid that part.

"But there is something I have to tell you about these princes..." Michael said, scratching the back of neck.

"What?" I grumbled feeling like I was not going to like this.

"Heirs are extremely important to them, so in order to pull this off you can't let him drink from you, he'll be able to taste the medicine in your blood." Michael said, and I shook my head. That would be easy...NOT! But that brought up another question of mine.

"Can I ask you another question?" I asked him. He nodded his head in response.

"He's taken blood from me twice now and both times have been different...So I guess I want to know why?"

"What were the circumstances?" I blushed a little at the thought of the second occurence.

"Well the first was when he did this.-I pointed to my wrist- and it hurt really bad like he was stealing my soul..."

"Well that's because he was, when he marked you a part of you when into his body it was binding you and him together. It's how he can read your mind now if I'm right?" I nodded my head, he was really good at his practice. "And the second time?"

"Uh, we were kinda making out, I guess you could say." I said I blushed terribly, Michael laughed at me.

"Well that's why, sharing blood is an intimate thing between mates. It's plesureable now because he had already marked you, vampires release a sort of venom that arouses their victiom, in this case their mate..." It actually sounded gross, venom. Yuck. I looked at the clock and realized it was already three, I had to go get my brother from school and then to the doctor.

"Thank you so much, for everything." I told my friend standing up, I gave him a hug when I squeaked out of pain. "Why'd you touch it? It hurts when someone does that!" I scolded Michael, he looked at me shocked.

"I didn't your arms were around my neck you would have noticed if I did!" Michael answered his hands raised in defense, I looked at my wrist and nothing looked different. Mike took my arm and studied it for a moment. "I think he knows you're up to something..."

"Isn't he supposed to be asleep?" I asked him rubbing my arms.

"They can sleep when they choose they just can't go out in the sun or they'll be burned alive.... They most likely have metal shutters to keep the light out...He's probably up doing something he's tapping into your emotions, you're too far away for him to hear your thoughts."

"I'm so glad I grew up weird, with my weird friends." I told him, take two on the hug. He hugged me back with a chuckle.

"Call me later, amd we'll take care of the whole baby thing." He replied with a ruffle to my hair. "Take this too, just incase." He handed me a glass bottle of some sort of liquid.

"What is it?" I asked him, looking in it.

"It's a holy water and liquid silver solution, both are extremely painful to vampires to come into to contact with, you never know when it might come in handy..." Michael said with a smile.

"Thanks, I call you tomorrow." I returned his smiloe and exited the apartment feeling a little safer with the bottle tucked into my pocket.

***(7:00 PM)***

"You look pretty Kenny!" Reg complimented me as I twirled in front of him, it was really nothing special I was wearing jeans and a nice blouse.

"You're always so sweet, Reggie." I told him, scooping him up.

"I try." He shrugged his shoulders while I laughed at his comment. I carried him into my kitchen and opened the fridge to see what I could eat.

"Let's see the doctor said you couldn't have any greasy food because it would upset your tummy, so how about I make you a PB&J sandwich?" I asked my little brother, he shook his head okay. "Apple slices okay?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Can I have the candy sauce?" He asked me, unleashing his blue eyes in the cutest look he could muster up.

"I don't know if your tummy can handle it, sweetness." I said, hating to deny him but I had no choice, I did not want him to throw up.

"Alright..." He sighed, I kissed his head.

"If you feel better, later I'll let you hve a cookie okay?" He nodded rapidly, I was in the process of making his sandwich when he ran towards the window, I watched him open it and wondered what he was doing when Christian climbed through, followed by four other guys.

"Wow you guys are tall!" Reggie cheered. Causing the other guys including Christian to chuckle, "Kenny they're giants, look!" Reggie ran towards me, tugging on my pant leg pointing towards them.

"It's not nice to point, Reg." I told him, I picked up the blond boy and placed him at the table, with his sandwich. "Remember what I said about the cookie." I kissed his head.

"You could use the front door, you know." I told Christian as he slid an arm around my waist.

"The front door is for squares." I rolled my eyes, Good Lord.

I took all the men in, they all sorta looked the same, But before I could observe differences Christian began with introductions, "This Is, Jeremy, Jake, Andy and Ashley."

They all greeted me, how do you strike up a conversation with vampires? Christians hand slipped into my jean pocket playfully but he snapped it back, "Ow! Holy hell!" Christian yelped, we all stared at him like he was retarded. But then I saw his hand, it was slightly burnt. Had the bottle leaked?

He glared at me, this could not be good.
♠ ♠ ♠
She burned him, Ha! P.s Did anyone figure out who Michael was?

A Big hug and Thank you to:
Eddiesheep
heroine .
Just.A.Cupcake.Lover
LoserWithDreams
Melismotionless


You guys are awesome!