Payne in My Ass.

Present.

I felt nervous. Nothing short of nervous. My stomach was in knots and my breathing was coming out weird. But that didn’t stop me from taking the stage with my head held high. I walked straight out to the center and help up the mic with a big smile.

“Brookelle right?” Simon asked, peering over a sheet of paper and at me.

“Elle please.” I answered, giving him a slight curtsey.

He nodded his head, barely looking at me before placing the paper down. “What are you going to sing?” He questioned, this time looking right at me.

“My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion.” I replied, smiling more to myself. My favorite song, one I knew I did justice to. He nodded his head, marking something down on his paper when the music started up.

I sang my heart out. The stage was my home. My sixteen year old self was in Heaven. Performing, just like I always knew I needed to. The only thing I was sure of was that I belonged there. Up on that stage.

The day started off horrible. My mum made me change my outfit three times because she said they either showed too much skin or weren't girly enough for her (we finally settled on one of my older sister’s less revealing dresses). I had arrived about half an hour after auditions had started because my mum couldn’t find the car keys that my little sister had hidden. Which, she could have been looking during my three outfit changes, but did she? No. Then, my hair got all messed up on the way to the auditions.

But now. Now I was on top of the world. Singing my heart out. The judges looked pleased with my performance. I could just picture my mom’s face backstage. And Liam’s at school. Knowing that I was doing a way better job than he ever could. Just made me sing all the high notes, with perfection.

When I finished I held the mic at my waist and smiled as big as I could, just like my mum told me to. I smoothed down my black lace dress and finally looked at the judges. I got a yes and a no from the first two, and it was down to Simon.

My stomach was in knots. Down to Simon? Tears pricked the back of my eyes as I waited for him to answer. He started to give this slightly long speech and I was losing hope. Until he said:

“Well, Elle, my answer is yes.”

I almost dropped the microphone. I almost screamed and jumped up and down. I almost fainted. But through all of the almost, the most certain thing I did was cry. Uncontrollably. I wasn’t one to cry but I just couldn’t stop. My dreams were coming true. I sniffled a quiet “thank you.” before making my way off the stage.

I handed the mic to someone and then took the opportunity to jump and scream a little bit. The day that had started off so horrible had now taken the best turn in the world. I went out to my mum who was crying and we hugged and cried together. Then my sisters joined in, all three of us formed a circle, our arms entangled with each other.

“I bet Liam couldn’t do this!” My older sister, Lilianna gushed, pulling me to her chest. I looked up at her face and grinned.

Lilianna, my perfect sister, was finally proud of me. This day just couldn’t get any better. We’re so unalike. Lilianna has perfect blonde straight hair, and perfect complexion and her green eyes always shine. I have curly, frizzy ginger hair, always a couple of zits and my green eyes are dull. She’s the perfect sister, and yet, she’s so proud of me.

Nothing can make this day bad. Nothing expect-

“Nice dress.” a familiar voice complimented me.

“Thanks, it’s actually my sister’s.” I grinned as I turned to face him. The smile fell and was instantly replaced by a glare as I looked at Liam. “What are you doing here?” I hissed, anger quickly boiling up in me.

“Well, I was asked to come get you, since everyone who made it has to do a quick press thing.” He answered, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Everyone who, who made it?” my voice squeaked out. Liam possibly mean that he made it too, could he?

He smiled down at me and my stomach lurched up. He did!

“Yeah, Elle. I made it too. I was the first person on stage today. Well, we should get going.” he said, lightly touching my back and leading me away.

I shoved him off me and looked back and Lilianna, who was gazing helplessly at me. My eyes squeezed shut as Liam tried to make small talk. I focused on walking, all of a sudden it became hard for me to walk in the heels that Lilianna had borrowed to me. My ankles kept wanting to flip over. The dress felt too short. The earrings felt too heavy. I quickly grabbed a hold of my spoon necklace and noticed Liam flinch a little.

“What?” I nervously asked, then mentally cursed myself for talking to him.

“Nothing. Nothing.” he responded, I rolled my eyes and huffed. “Well, if you must know, I have an odd fear of spoons.” he muttered, looking away from me.

I laughed. Loudly. It felt good to know that The Liam Payne feared something so…so stupid! Liam quickly got hostile with me.

“Well sorry Princess Brookelle. Not everyone is afraid of spiders!” he said, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall.

“At least a lot of people are. Spoons? Not so much.” I smirked. “Aren’t we supposed to go somewhere?” I asked again, looking around.

“Yeah, in here.” he jerked his thumb over his shoulder at the door next to him. I quickly pushed it open and squeaked as I ran out.

“Liam Payne! That was not funny! Why would you tell me to go into a room where naked guys are?!” I exclaimed, slapping his chest repeatedly. “God I hate you!” I yelled again.

His laughing stopped when I yelled the last part. I just rolled my eyes and stomped away from him, trying to find someone to tell me where to go. And get as far away as Liam as I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter. Every other chapter is going to be a flashback...I think...

Comments please! :D Thank you to everyone who has commented, read, subscribed, rec'ed. You all have no idea how much this all means to me!

Elle's Outfit