Payne in My Ass.

Flashback: Eleven Months Ago

I checked over the lines that I would be giving one last time before Mr. Erickson called my name.

“Elle darling! What scene are you doing? I see you even went with a green shirt, so I guess you are audition for Peter.” he smiled at me, checking me off his list before looking over the top of his glasses at me. I returned his look with a huge grin and a nod of my head.

“The flying scene” I responded with a big grin. My fingers interlocked in front of me while I went up onto my tip toes to help demonstrate. Mr. Erickson smiled and nodded at the pianist to start the music.

I stayed on my tip toes while singing, using the stage as much as I could, reciting my lines with perfection. My red hair was flowing behind me as I jumped around, waving my arms and grinning widely. When I was done I turned to Mr. Erickson who clapped wildly for me before I exited the stage.

My lips found my water bottle and I sighed happily at how well I had performed. I watched the rest of the auditions, only thinking one was horrible, and it might only be because it was Liam, before I could finally go home.

~*~

Two days later and I found myself pushing through the crowd of kids who had auditioned for Peter Pan. I felt I had won my audition for Peter, since girls normally get that role and I was the only one that Mr. Erickson had clapped for.

I finally got to the front and my eyes scanned down the list, frowning deeply when I saw my name next to Indian Extra. I felt furious as and quickly racked them back up to find out who had gotten Peter.

A loud scream fell from my lips when I saw Liam’s name printed next to it. I swung around before storming off to Mr. Erickson’s classroom and slamming the door open.

“The decisions are final.” he spoke, not even looking up from the paper that he was grading.

“But Mr. Erickson, boys never get the role of Peter!” I fought, “and you clapped for me why am I only an extra?!” My arms crossed over the white peace symbol across my shirt as I glared at him.

“Elle,” He sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. “I had to try rotating people around for this play, it’s not fair for you to always have lead roles. And since you don’t plan on going on with acting I figured you’d be okay with an extra role, if not you can just not be in the play and I’ll find someone else to fill that role.” he spoke firmly.

I shook my head at him, my braid flinging wildly before I immaturely stomped my foot and slumping out of his classroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Elle's Audition outfit
Elle's outfit a two days later

Hope you like it, drop me a comment and tell me what you think!