Status: It is at the moment, permanently incomplete.

The Awakening

The Awakening

I woke up suddenly in a moving car. How long have I been asleep? I slowly look over, only to find him looking softly back at me with a smile on his face. I smile back not knowing what we're smiling for but I sit up and he puts his hand on my knee and I put my hand over his.
He whispers softly so my parents don't hear “How'd you sleep love?”
I smile at the pet name and answer quietly “Good.”
His smile brightens a bit and he murmurs “Good... you know, your beautiful even when your sleeping.” I blush and smile looking down mumbling a thanks. His hand gently grasps my chin to make me look up at him and his face is close to mine, his eyes seem to take in my every feature, then lock in on my eyes.
I felt it coming and I naturally title my head a bit to the left, he brings his mouth close to mine when suddenly a voice sounds from the front “We're almost to grandpa's, just an hour or so left!” We jump back into our seats and pretend to be innocent of any loving gestures that occurred, he even slips his hand off my knee and into his lap.
“I'm excited to see the house Mr. Hammerschmidt,” Jeff comments. I look up and see slight smiles light on my parents faces, my Dad's most likely at the name Jeff called him. I look over at Jeff and smile at him, he felt my gaze and smiles back with a twinkle in his eye.
We arrive at Grandpa's after traveling through the forest paths and start to unload the car. My parents head for the suitcases in the back while Jeff and I stall in the back seat, slowly gathering up our things. The door to the house closes leaving us alone. Suddenly his hand is on my face and his voice softly whispers “Finally.” His eyes lock onto mine and I feel as though a magnetism brings our longing lips together. He kisses me softly with a hint of longing for more, I kiss him back my hands at his torso. As suddenly as the kiss started it stopped. We both knew we were short on alone time, and began to get out of the car, our things in hand.
He pulls ahead of me to open up the door and I giggle at his gentlemanly manner. He smirks and falls behind me. I lead him into the kitchen where my parents and my grandfather have gathered meeting and greeting as always.
“There they are!” alerts my grandpa. He walks straight for me and gives me a hug saying, “How is my honey girl?”
“I'm good! Grandpa I'd like you to meet Jeff, my boyfriend,” I say gesturing toward the tall boy standing to the side of me.
Grandpa reaches to shake his hand and Jeff takes his hand smiling and saying, “It's nice to meet you sir.”
Grandpa chortles and says “Just call me Grandpa Jim. I always wondered how boys could stand not being with my Ellie for so long,” He comments patting my face with his hand. I smile nervously with a short laugh.
“I've wondered the same thing,” Jeff answered pulling his hand around my waist.
I smile again and say “Why don't I show Jeff the rooms we'll be staying in?”
“Good idea hon,” my Dad said. I took Jeff's hand, which enveloped my small one, and lead him upstairs.
Once we were out of ear shot Jeff goes, “I like your family, they bring up good points.”
I turn around and look at him curiously “Points?”
“How you've stayed stayed single so long being so breath taking, “ He murmurs softly stroking my face. I look up at him wide-eyed at first, being the one who's breath is taken.
Then I smile and bring my face close to his pretending to lean in for a kiss, but bringing my mouth up to his ear to whisper, “I'm picky,” then walking away and into the bedroom.

Jeff's POV
She looks up at me with her big blue-gray eyes questionably, then a smile grows on her face. She slowly brings her face close to mine her smile grown mischievous, and I look down at her full pink lips, waiting to kiss them once more... when she whispers in my ear “I'm picky,” then walks away casually and into a bedroom. I smile thinking how lucky I am to have gotten a good girl with a mischievous side in her. The best part is, she doesn't know my “mischievous” side...

...
He walks into the bedroom a grin still on his face. I laugh at his expression and say “ Ta da, this is where your going to be sleeping.” He looks around the room, his soft chocolate eyes touching on the wooden walls, the old time pictures and the travel books on the old wicker desk at the bed side. His eyes touched on the single bed and his expression grew almost worried. “This bed is only big enough for one,” he exclaimed with dramatized sadness. I laugh and pat his face, “Probrecito, you'll have to snuggle with the blankets.” He laughs, “I love it when you speak my language but, where will you be sleeping?” I point towards the foot of the bed and his face grows skeptical “The closet?”
I smile and say “You'll see” I open the closet and step inside, Jeff follows.
The closet is tiny and packed with old unused clothes, so tiny he presses his body against mine just to get inside. “I...” he trails off lost. I laugh and step over to the opposite side of the closet. Where a wall should be another door is. He reaches over me and pressed the door open, revealing another room of the same size. I start to walk into the room when a hand catches my waist and draws me back into the closet. With a smile on his face Jeff pushes me gently to the wall, pressing his torso into mine. He says “I believe you owe me a kiss Miss.” I laugh and get up on my tip toes, “Oh, do I?” He laughs back and presses a hand to the small of my back closing the gap between us. His face grows serious and he brings his lips gently to mine, kissing me sweetly, allowing me to wrap my arms around his neck. His tongue caresses my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I open my mouth and his tongue plays with mine, exploring every bit of my mouth. My mind grows fuzzy and our bodies move as one, brimming with love. I go back to the time I first met Jeff, walking through my neighborhood alone at night.
That night I couldn't sleep and he as well. He frightened me at first but once he stepped into the lamplight and I saw his soft expression and kind eyes I knew it was okay. We ended up walking together through the night. Morning came and he offered to walk me home but I declined, still not sure of who he was. He seemed to understand. I remember being mystified by his gentle almost old fashioned manner, though only being a year older then me, seventeen. Before we parted he asked “Will I see you again Ellie?” I remember smiling and saying “Depends on what fate decides,” and walking away, hoping what I said made him really understand, but knowing few even knew...
A noise from downstairs made us jump apart. Our breathing was fast and we tried to listen. He put his hand over my mouth to cover up the sound of my breathing. I played angry and reached my hand to mimic him. He laughed quietly and went back to listening, slowly dropping his hand from my mouth. “They're just making food for tea time,” I whispered. He looks down at me “How do you know?” I smile, “I just do,” and step out from the closet.
After we pulled ourselves together we went downstairs for tea time, like I said. We each took a seat around the table, Grandpa at the head, my mother and father on either side of him, Jeff at my mothers side and me at my fathers. We engaged in light, friendly conversation, catching up and reminiscing, Jeff all the while surprising me with his great ease with the conversation. He would pop in at the most appropriate times, even sharing stories of his own. This bit surprised me the most. I've learned Jeff is very private about his life and at first it hurt me because I felt he didn't trust me but as I got to know him better it occurred to me that it wasn't a lack of trust, it was simply his nature, though every now and then my senses would prick at a different reason.
An hour or two later they started to prepare dinner and Jeff and I decided to go on a walk through the woods. “Be careful of those beasts out there Jeff, they'll snatch Ellie right up, oh and the animals too of course,” my Grandpa said with a wink. Jeff chuckled and said “Don't worry Grandpa Jim, I'll keep her safe,” as we walked out the door. We walked up the driveway in comfortable silence, holding hands. Suddenly Jeff starts to speak up but I interrupt him, “In all the years I've been up here I haven't even seen a boy our age,” I assure. He smiles and bends over to kiss my cheek, “I love how you just know,” he says. “Besides,” I start with a sly grin, “There's one factor that would prevent me from gallivanting around with boys up here.”
“Oh? And what would that be?” he says with a slight grin.
“Remember, I'm picky” I say cheerfully.
He laughs and responds, “Haha so a loving boyfriend doesn't hold you back huh?”
“Not really”
“Not really? And why's that?” he chuckles
“Well...” I slip my hand out of his grasp, “He doesn't chase me enough” I say smoothly before breaking out into a run down the forest path. He follows after me but he doesn't know these woods as well as I do. I've been coming up here since a little girl and I've explored and played out here many times. I laugh as I round a corner and disappear behind thick trees. I hear him call out “Get back here!”
I call out “Gotta catch me first looovee” I say dramatizing his pet name for me. I keep running as fast as I can, glancing back to see him hot on my trail. I decide to duck into a secret path just off the main one to see if I can lose him. Halfway down the path I see something blocking the way, I figure its a fallen tree I can jump over, but as I near closer I realize its not a tree and I slow down, only to meet a giant black bear, glaring down at me, alert and seemingly unhappy.

Jeff's P.o.V

She ducks down a path just twenty feet from me. A blood curdling scream echo's through the forest and my feet move faster then humanly possible. I reach her in seconds grabbing onto her thankful she's unharmed. “J-Jeff... look,” she whispers barley audible. I look up to see a huge eight foot black bear, staring her down with menacing eyes. I get in front of her, holding her close behind me. My thoughts go animal-like. How dare this infidel creature look at her that way? I feel my stare grow cold and the overwhelming urge to attack. I know its coming and I try to fight it off, she can't know, not like this...
The bear starts to approach, slowly and my stance tightens. I feel her grip on me and I hear her heartbeat grow faster and faster. The urge is almost irresistible now, my mind doesn't even think of the consequences. I feel them poking out and I welcome them.

…....

I peak around him, the bear is starting to come closer. My breath begins to catch and my heart race. I grip his shirt tighter and look at him. Thought I didn't think it possible another scream came out of my mouth. I back away from him and out of his grasp all the way into a tree. Am I hallucinating? Dreaming? What...did I just see? I close my eyes and open them again. He's turned around to me and they're sticking out. “Oh my god...” I whisper bringing my hand to my mouth.
He has fangs. Huge, sharp, fangs right out of a horror movie. His expression is menacing at first but then changes to worry. He starts to approach me and I press myself into the tree making a sound of uneasiness. He see's this and his expression grows hurt. “Ellie...I didn't mean...I meant too... please let me explain.” His deep voice is still gentle as always but I sense an icy coolness to it, an evil touch. I can do nothing but stare at him, tears pricking my eyes, my vision growing fuzzy. He see's this and comes closer. “No!” The frightened whisper slips out and I hide behind the tree, putting it between us. His face crinkles up and he bites his lip, his fang indenting it. He turns around and put's his hands on his head, “Ellie I wanted to tell you for a while now, I've just been afraid...of this...” He turns back to me, blood streaking down his faces like tears. I gasp at him holding onto the tree. Suddenly his expression changes to surprised horror and I hear a loud roar, then warm breath, next teeth grazing my back through my shirt and dragging me away. I scream once again, the forest flying through my vision. Despite everything I hear myself scream “Jeff!” I feel tears streaming down my face, my body being flung in every direction, branches scrapping at my limbs. Panic overwhelms me and I embrace a sea of black like a warm blanket after a cold winters day.
Sunlight, so bright and warm. Moving, I'm moving but my legs are not. Hands, holding me up gently. Pain, oh god pain, unthinkable, ungodly pain coursing through my body. I feel weak, so weak I feel like screaming out in pain, but I'm so weak. The images of earlier slowly float back to me like a dreamy movie. At first kisses and hugs, family and food. We went on a walk then we ran, then the bear, then...no...it couldn't be. Jeff is human, one hundred percent, I was so...so panicked that I imagined things. But...the things he said, he wanted to tell me but was afraid. The sound of gravel crunching underfoot brings me back and I open my eyes with all the strength I have left. Who's holding me? Where am I? Where's Jeff? “J-Jeff...” The walking stops. “Jeff...”
“Yes? Ellie? Are you awake?”
“It hurts, everything hurts, what happened?”
“The bear...it got you.”
“Where's the bear?” I ask my breath catching, the panic rising once more.
“He's gone, he'll never hurt you again.”
“Where are we?”
“The forest. Is there a stream around here?”
Though baffled by the odd question I answer, “Yes.”
“Good, we'll go there”
“Jeff?”
“Hmm?”
“What...um..what..back when..I...”
“I'll explain later, but we have to get you better okay love?”
I bury my face into his shirt, “I'm scared”
“I know but the bear is gone, there's nothing to be...scared of.”
“I hope so” I mumble into his shirt. The sound of birds lulls me back into the sea of black.
Water, cool, trickling water. A body, warm and stable. Opening my eyes I see I'm in a stream, someone is holding me, my back aches and my limbs feel numb. Am I drowning? I grab onto the person holding me for dear life, my breath quickening.
“Shh its okay, this will make it better love, I've got you,” a gentle voice soothes. My stiff body relaxes at the sound of his voice and assurance. Suddenly I realize, I'm shirtless. “What..where's my shirt?” I say panicking.
“It was torn, and I need access to your wounds.”
I feel myself flowing around in the stream then he lays me down on the bank, face down. I try to move to see where I am but a hand on my lower back stops me.
“Don't move, please, trust me.” I hear a sound, an odd sound like a dart hitting a board but different, something I've never heard before. Then I hear the unmistakable sound of skin being pierced. “Jeff?” I whisper my heart beating faster.
“Stay still love, your going to feel better soon.” The coolness was back in his voice and a moan of panic slips through my mouth as I grip the grass around me preparing for anything.
A soft trickle of liquid licks my back. Its warm and thick and as it nears my wounds they seem to become numb and the aches go away. I turn my head towards the stream, I see Jeff's torso in the water. There's blood splashed up against his caramel skin, trickling down his side and into the water. I get up and grab him, “Jeff your bleed...ing” I look up to find blood around his mouth, fangs out, and his wrist punctured and bleeding. My eyes grow wide, “Jeff..no..what..your hurt” I reach for his wrist but he pulls it away. The dart sound comes again and his fangs are gone. “No, it's to help you, my blood will heal your wounds, look.” He takes one of my arms with a long deep scratch down the front and holds his wrist above it. Blood trickles down from his wrist and onto mine making its way to my scratch, I recognize the sensation from my back. As the blood gets into my wounds they close up and go away, my skin flawless, as if nothing had ever happened.
I look at him, his expression is dire, then looking into his eyes I know what he's thinking. “No, no I would never, this is..I...no, I love you” I grab onto his face and make him look into my eyes. His eyes crinkle up and blood starts to trickle from them again, just as they did an hour ago. Not caring that its blood I reach my hand and wipe away his tears, then putting my hand in the river. I keep doing this, cleaning the blood away from his eyes and mouth, cleaning him up. I look over to his wrist but the wound is gone, like it was never there. His hand brings my gaze back onto his face, “I love you too, I didn't mean to scare you, It wasn't supposed to happen like this. I thought you were going to die. I...If you can't...be with me...I...”
“Shhh” I put my hand up to his mouth, “None of that” I lean in close, putting my feet in the water, around him. “I love you, and this may change things, but this doesn't change my love for you.”
“But...what happened was unforgive...” I brought him into a kiss, cutting off his sentence and tried to pour all my love into that kiss, to make him understand. I drew away to look at his face but he brought me into an embrace, hugging me so close that he begun to hurt me “Jeff...ow..ow I'm still wounded...ow!” He released me at once “Oh sorry, sorry.” He looked down again, like a little boy accused of spilling the milk. “Hey, hey” I took his head into my hands “I understand silly, don't feel bad, I'm okay” I assured with a smile.
We gazed into each others eyes when suddenly I remembered, “Oh shoot! How long have we been out here? We gotta get back to the house!”
“Well only an hour and a half or so...”
I started off down a path “Come on they'll be worried”
“Love, wait” he said laughing.
“Whats so funny?”
“You really think it's a good idea to walk in there in your bra?”
“Oh...well you said it was torn...where is it?”
He got out of the stream and started to walk down it “Over here”
I followed him wrapping my arms around myself, the cold getting to me. He hands me my shirt and puts on his shirt and pants. I gave him a look and he explained,
“Better if I walked in with dry clothes, less explaining to do.” Suddenly he throws me my pants, “You really don't realize your lack of clothes do you?” he said smirking. I looked down to see I had just panties on. I blushed and quickly put on my clothes.
As we're walking along my mind was trying to come to terms that my boyfriend, the love of my life, was now a vampire. A blood sucking, soul damned, garlic hating, sleep in coffins, vampire. So many questions were popping in my head to ask that I just kept looking at him with a questionable look. Pretty soon he laughed and said “Ask away.”
“When were you really born?”
“1810.”
“Oh my...your so...so...old.”
“You can say that,” he said with a twinkle in his eyes.
“What about..the sun? And garlic and crosses and...”
“All false, the folk lore got really out of hand when they couldn't explain us they made things up, and I don't sleep in a coffin, I like garlic and I can walk into a church and not burn.”
“But what about...your soul?”
“That, unfortunately is true, I'm damned.” He looked down stuffing his hands into his pockets. I looked down as well feeling bad for bringing up the subject.
“What you need to know is yes, I drink blood, and yes it is vital to my survival, I don't die unless by special means that you've seen in movies, my blood can heal wounds and I won't ever hurt you, ever.”
“I...”
“That look in your eyes earlier spelled a different story...” he trailed off, “it was pure terror...”
“You don't scare me, I was just...surprised. I know you won't hurt me.” I explained.
He looked away from me and kept walking. I stepped in front of him and grabbed him, “Hey, I mean it. I promise.”
“I know, I'm just ashamed I brought you such terror.” His face took on a pained expression.
“I know, I know, but it's over now, I love you and I understand it, I...I get it.”
He kissed me quickly and took my hand. “I love you too, lets get back before they make me sleep on a different floor of the house.”
“One more thing.”
“What's that?”
“Do you have... blood lust?”
“That's when you first become a vampire, you learn to control it after a bit. I do have the heightened senses, hearing, smell, vision, and taste. Right now I can smell your vanilla perfume but also your blood, as barbaric as it sounds, you smell wonderful to me all the time, your blood is very...unique.”
“Oh...” I didn't know what to say. I felt like I smelled like a good meal to him, not like my perfume, which I thought smelled better then blood.
“Not like that, I don't look at you like food, I could never, you simply smell good, and not like a meal either, that's barbaric. There's just something about your blood that's different, I've never smelled it before.”
My mind suddenly went into a panic. How could he know? I barley know! I mean I think I know, It's been proven. But I'm always so doubtful. Oh dear I hope he doesn't know! I need to divert his mind. “Well if your sense of smell is so good, whats cooking for dinner?”
He laughed and said “Chicken.”

We walked in and they greeted us like nothing ever happened. “Dinner will be ready soon, go get washed up you two,” my Mom ordered lightly. We walked up stairs and parted ways for the first time that day. I changed my clothes then moved onto my hair. Looking in the mirror my long, dirty blonde hair was a wreck. Bits of forest were in it, my hair was messy and tangled. I sighed and took all the leaves and such out, brushed it through and clipped up my bangs. I touched up my makeup and made sure I didn't smell like stream by splashing on a bit of perfume. I checked my back and all my limbs. I had no evidence of the craziest evening of my life.
I sat down on the bed. I hungry and tired, both physically and mentally. Just through that wall was a vampire, around two hundred years old, eternally seventeen. He must've had countless loves, friends, what about his family? He never did speak of a mom or dad. His private nature made sense now. What could he say “Oh yeah, I had a mom but she died about 150 year's ago when I was seventeen.” How many birthdays he must've celebrated, faking turning eighteen, nineteen, or twenty? How could someone so remarkable, with such a huge past, fall in love with me? He's old enough to be...my great great great great grandfather or something! This is insane, is this illegal? Well, I don't think the government knows about vampires...at least they don't make law's involving them. How many vampires are out there? How many people have I met are vampires? I knew I always sensed that Jeff was different but I never assumed this. I looked down at my arm. My god, his blood is flowing with mine right now. Is this sanitary? Is this sane? I sighed. My mind is jumbled. I put my head in my hands and sighed again this time my breath grown shaky. I need my guardian right now, he can help me, I need Alex...

Jeff's POV
We parted ways at the landing upstairs, I watched her walk into her room, knowing she was in a daze of confusion. I changed my clothes and freshened up as only a boy would. A boy, how humorous, I'm older then her parents, her grandfather, I'm older then them all combined. I'm stuck at this age, stuck at seventeen. It's not such a bad age though eighteen would be more convenient. Then again what vampire plans this? My maker obviously wasn't thinking what would happen to me. She was just...eager to be a maker. I looked at myself in the mirror. I expected to see blood, but she washed it all away. If I close my eyes I can still feel her small, smooth hands wiping away all the blood, all my worries. She probably wonders about my life, my loves, my family. Goodness, the places her mind are going to right now. I looked down and sighed, wishing I could help her, but knowing I can't. Vanilla wafted into my nose and I straightened up. I hear her brushing through her hair and I can smell her shampoo with each stroke of her brush. I walk towards the smell mesmerized. I smell her blood. It is so unique. I've never come across a smell so fine, so entrancing. That was the first thing that attracted me to her that night.
I never intended to taste, I just had to meet the human with such a smell. It turned out to be a beautiful girl, walking alone at night. I knew there were others around like me who would be tempted to taste after smelling her and something in me was drawn to her, I couldn't let that happen. She was different, there was a light, a beautiful light in her. Even a damned soul like me could see it. What made me stay was her eyes, I've always believed they were the window to the soul and my god her's were beautiful. Blue and grey meshed together under long dark lashes. I remember the first time we shared a kiss, and gazing into her eyes I saw her pupils where the middle of a flower and her irises had petals in them. Every day she engulfed me in wonder. After not too long I stopped caring what she was and just started loving every bit of her. The way she kept her long hair curly, natural unlike so many girls in this day and age. She was an old soul, mature, and uncaring of trends and technology. She understood, when no one else understood me. Now, she loves me, even thought I'm a monster, and she is what I'm to eat.
….....

“Dinner! Come on kids!” Grandpa called. My head popped out of my hands and I sat up. I checked myself in the mirror and walked out, to find Jeff waiting for me, leaning against the railing. “Hello love,” he murmured taking my hand and leading me down the stairs. He whispered into my ear before we entered the kitchen, “You look beautiful.”
I smiled up at him and whispered, “Thank you.”
“Well here are the love birds! Finally we can eat! Lets get going I'm hungry!” Grandpa exclaimed. It was obvious he was in a joyous mood having company over. We took our places at the table, this time Jeff sitting next to me keeping his hand on my leg as much as possible. Dinner was good, the conversation cleared my mind and the food refilled my energy. I laughed at a joke my Papa made and Jeff moved his hand on my leg. Looking at him he laughed softly and gazed at me in a dreamy way. I smiled at him and put my hand on his under the table. Grandpa leans back and says “Ah, now who's up for dessert? I've got ice cream!”
“Ohhh,” I said, exaggerating my surprise at ice cream. I heard Jeff laugh and I smiled at him. They only served Jeff and I ice cream then they left us alone in the kitchen to go discuss things on the deck. “I'm sure you have many more questions for me” Jeff said.
I looked toward the kitchen entrance. “They won't hear us, they're deep in conversation about young love, we seemed to have inspired quite a hot topic,” He smirked. I smiled back and said “Ohhh where to start. You show up in photos and mirrors I know.”
“Mhmm,” he murmured taking a strand of my hair and playing with it.
“Does it hurt when they come out?”
Surprised by the question he smiled, “Oh no it's practically painless for me.”
“Do you live by yourself?”
“No, I live in a home, with others like me.”
“You have a um, maker or something right?”
“Haha yes, her name is Valkria, she's very old.”
“Do...” instead of asking I figured I could find out for myself, I put my hand up to his heart or where it should be. I felt a slow, low murmur of a heart, barely beating.
“Yes I do have a heart beat though it's slowed and hard to feel usually.”
“I can feel it just fine.”
“Maybe that's because it's yours,” he whispered. He had brought his head closer to mine and moved his hands to my waist. I looked into his eyes and saw the smooth chocolate color become light. He closed the gap between us and kissed me with such feeling my breath caught and a moan slipped out of my mouth and onto his lips. He seemed to react to this and he pulled me closer into his arms until I was sitting in his lap. He tucked my hair behind my ears and drew a tingly numb feeling down my spine that made me bury further into him. He kissed me licking my lips, no need for asking this time. His tongue gently explored around my mouth caressing my tongue while touching my neck and trailing his hands down my shoulders and arms. Suddenly, with inhuman speed and precision he set me back in my chair and began to eat his ice cream. I stared at him in awe for a second then hearing foot steps I followed his lead.
My mom walked in to refill her drink seemingly, she smiled at us and we smiled back innocently. “Enjoying the ice cream?” She questioned. “Very much,” Jeff returned with a hint of deviousness his voice.
Mother smiled and walked back out to the deck. I let out a sigh of relief. “If they had caught us doing that, you would be sleeping downstairs.”
“Thankfully they trust us,” he said smirking.
I laughed, “Enjoying the ice cream?” I said mimicking my mom.
He leaned in and said, “Too much.”
That night before bed my mother pulled me aside. “Honey, you know I trust you and Jeff but I just need to make this clear, no gallivanting around at night okay?”
“Okay,” I said as convincingly as I could.
“Promise?”
“Mom, I promise,” I said with a laugh.
“Good girl, sleep tight, I love you,” she said kissing my forehead.
“I love you too,” I returned, heading upstairs. I walked up stairs thinking how much I needed to sleep but how little I actually would. I need to call for Alex tonight and get thing straightened out, he would be angry if I didn't. I walked into my room, my eyes closed, shut the door behind me and sighed. “Something wrong?” I jumped and opened my eyes to Jeff, shirtless, laying on my bed. “Sorry didn't mean to scare you,” he said with a laugh. “Is there something wrong?” I walked over to the bed and sat down, “It's just been a long day.” I said. I felt like I was lying but it was true. I sighed and lay down.
“It has been a long day, I'm sorry for all the drama love, I wish it hadn't happened this way.”
“It's fine I sorta ran into it...literally.” He laughed and pulled me into him.
“We have to be quiet, I just promised my mom no gallivanting,” I warned in a hushed tone.
“I can be quiet as a mouse, just as long as you stay here.” he said pulling me closer into him. I put my head on his chest and sighed.
“No problem,” I whispered lightly kissing his chest. He leaned up and kissed the top of my head and wrapped his arms around me.
He sighed and said, “I wish I could sleep here with you, but it's risking your parents trust.”
“I wish you could stay here too,” I murmured while thinking how difficult it would be to sneak out and summon Alex if I were tangled up in Jeff. I pulled myself closer to him, feeling like I was betraying him somehow by sneaking out.
“Mmm, I love you so much Ellie, I'll never let anything happen to you again, I promise”
he said indefinitely.
“I love you too, but you can't promise me that, things happen in life that we just have to let come and let pass,” I say lifting my head and looking at him. He softly kissed me then said “You have a way with words love, and your right, but I can promise to keep you as safe as possible. Seeing that bear drag you around like that, it broke my heart, it was awful,” His face crinkled up in pain and he closed his eyes. Wishing to erase that horrific memory I kissed his closed eyelids and said, “I'm alive because of you right now, you saved my life and I love you all the more for it. Your my hero Jeff.” His face broke into a smile and he laughed, “I'm more the villain in any case love.”
“Not in this one your not,” I murmured, giving him an Eskimo kiss. He smiled again and kissed me good night. It was a sweet, tender kiss that felt like he was tiding me and himself over till we could see each other again.
I waited till hours later when I knew everyone was asleep, but mostly Jeff. I knew the best way was out my window, I had to meet him away from anyone. I quietly slipped out of bed and gently pressed the window pane open and hopped through, closing it until there was just a crack left. I walked along the roof quietly then, feeling free and safe, then, jumped off the ten foot high roof. I landed with ease on my feet and smiled to myself. I quietly walked along the moonlight, and into the forest. I walked for fifteen minutes not caring of the little sounds about me, I knew I was untouchable. I stood near a pond in a break of moonlight. I barley remembered how to do this, it was only once we've met, well in this life. You see, Alex is my guardian angel, in fact, I'm an angel myself, reincarnated millions of times to help humans on earth. Alex has always been with me, though all my lives. Every life he has to reteach me of what I am. In every life I have a specific mission to do, this lives' mission I have yet to learn. I'm never exactly told, I just know, like I usually do. I spin around in a circle looking at the ground beneath my bare feet. The cool night air feels amazing. I bring my hands up, raise my palms to the sky and call out for my guardian, “Alex, Alex, please come down, I need you.” I feel a warm tingling in my body and I turn to my right. There in the pond, dressed in white clothes, is Alex, smiling his wings folded around him. “It's good to see you, but this is a dangerous location Ellie, couldn't you get hurt?”
“I don't feel as though I could actually,”I say with a light tone.
Alex laughs, “Always adventurous, no matter the life or body.”
“At least I'm not a cat this time,” I mumble to myself.
“Your remember?” Alex comes closer to me and takes my arms.
“Yes, I do, and I remember something in Spain and India.”
“My your getting stronger, usually you don't remember. Well yes you were a cat and many traits have carried on in this life.”
“I've noticed. I have something that I need to tell you about.”
“Tell away.”
“Its about Jeff...”
“Ah well if he's proven to be a trouble, you always have me, I can come down to earth if you like, you know I love you,” He stepped closer to me and kissed my cheek gently.
“We've been lovers in past lives, when all other people of that time proved trouble for you.”
I was about to object when a rustling sounded to our right, we had company.

Jeff's POV

I went to sleep surprisingly fast. My thoughts were kept at bay and I felt good knowing Ellie was only steps away from me. I began to dream, as I so rarely do. I was in a meadow and Ellie was wearing a pure white dress. She was sitting there, smiling, looking all around her, not knowing I was standing right there. I smiled at her sight and bent down to her level, calling her name. He face crinkled in confusion and she looked around, then her eyes met mine and they grew wide with fear. I felt hungry suddenly and I felt my fangs prick out, fast. She smelled so good, and I was so hungry. I turned on my loveliest voice and coaxed her towards me. She seemed mesmerized and came to me, my glamor working, I smiled. I told her how pretty she was and moved her hair to the side, exposing her neck. I bent down and smelled the nape of her neck, licked it. Her dress turned a cold black and began to dissolve. I couldn't stand it anymore, I drew my fangs out more and she screamed so loud, but I didn't care, I was hungry....
I woke with a fright clutching at my heart, now beating at a faster pace, but still practically dead. A noise pricked my ears. I look out of my window to see Ellie on the roof, her silky white night gown glowing in the moonlight. She was there and then suddenly she was gone, jumped off the roof. I jumped from my bed and opened my window racing out onto the roof. Then I saw her walking lightly through the forest, unscathed. I thought of the dangers she just encountered not hours ago, surely she's sleep walking. I must follow her. She walked along the forest, without a care in the world, the moonlight lighting her hair and making her skin glow. I could see animals all around her they perked they're heads at the sound of her footsteps but seemed to come at ease by her presence. Suddenly she stopped and looked unsure. She twirled in a circle, her face bright, she surely wasn't sleep walking. I hid behind the cover of the tree's and watched, wondering what my love was doing. Suddenly she called out sweetly, “Alex, Alex, please come down, I need you.” Alex? Who's Alex? And what does she mean down? Suddenly a man appeared in the pond to her right. He was dressed in all white and had unmistakable wings.
He approached her like an old friend, took her arms the way I would, lovingly. My mind raced as to what he is and what they are, and what she's doing. My heart produced an ache so painful as I jumped to conclusions. They began talking, he teasing her about being adventurous, no matter the life. Does this mean Ellie reincarnates? She mumbled at least she wasn't a cat and he complimented her on getting stronger. I grew very confused and kept listening for more. Then she says my name, she need to talk to him about me? Oh god what have I done? He takes her in closer and my stance becomes defensive. What is this? He's offering himself up as a lover, they were lovers in past lives? He leans in to kiss her cheek and I can't bare it anymore, I step out from the darkness. They hear me and look to my direction. “Ellie...?”

…........

“Jeff? Oh no, Jeff why are you here?” I break away from Alex, my mind racing. I walk towards him but he heads straight for Alex. “Jeff let me explain!” I plead, he looks angry.
Jeff looks towards me his eyes pained, “Ellie, why?”
“She called me because she needs me, obviously you heard.” Alex answers coolly.
“I've heard well enough out of you,” Jeff snarls at Alex. Alex's eyes grow wide with knowing.
“Ellie? Is he? How could you do this? This isn't right, he's damned! I know you fall in love for the ones in need but this is a lost cause!” Jeff gives me a pained look, blood pricking at his eyes.
“No, no, it's not like that, please you two be quiet so I can explain.” I order annoyance building at Alex. Jeff's stance slackens and he looks down at the ground, Alex looks at Jeff sceptically and motions for me to move on.
“What this is Jeff, is a meeting. Nothing more. Alex is my guardian angel. I...I have a secret too. I'm an angel. I've been reincarnated many times to help people on earth, doing certain missions. Alex has been with me through it all as my guide,” Jeff's look of pain returns, “but just as a guide. I don't remember my past lives and I carry few things from them. I don't remember those lives that Alex speaks of where we were supposed lovers. I love him, but as a brother or a dear friend, nothing more,” Alex's deep blue eyes pierce mine then he looks down fussing with his jet black hair, “I didn't mean to lead you on Alex, if that's what I did, I'm in love with Jeff, and there's no problem with our relationship. I just came here to tell you that I found out he's a vampire, as you already know. I wanted you to know for future reference and well I wanted to know if it's okay as well,” I mumbled looking at the ground. Alex looked up with a look of sadness but he quickly wiped it away to blank.
Clearing his throat he said, “Well, this has never occurred in all your lives. I don't believe this would be looked upon with smiles but your instincts are golden and if you feel your safe and no harm will come to you nor your wings then I'm sure...this would be allowed.”
“Wings?” Jeff piped up for the first time, looking at Alex not with anger but with a questioning glare.
“Yes like vampires have fangs, angels have wings.”
“But they aren't showing.”
“No we don't let her gallivant around earth with them, that would be stupid, they're here but not visible to earthen eyes,” Alex explains coolly, “Here I'll show you.”
He moves close to me, I felt closer then necessary, and began to caress my shoulder blades. Suddenly I felt a weight, light but unmistakable on my back and I felt...right and restored. I turn around and look at Jeff, his eyes in a dreamy state he reaches out to touch my wings. He touches them so gently they flinch and I giggle, “It tickles.”
He laughs softly still mesmerized. He goes around to my back and feels around where they're poking out. “Alex?”
“Yes dear?”
“Can I fly? Just a little?”
“If you stay low and don't attract attention. You may be a little rusty, its been a bit since you've flew.”
I turn around and look at Jeff, “Wish me luck?”
“Good luck love, wait...” He takes my hand and pulls me close and kisses me tender and sweet as always but I know its to fend of Alex. He didn't seem to be stopping to soon so I pulled away and gave him a weak smile. I didn't dare look at Alex's expression before I took off into the night.
I decided to fly far away where I could be alone and think. Boys are stupid, was the conclusion I came to in the end. Stupid, but I love them both. I'm sure Alex is hurt, thinking that we'd be together in this life as we have in my others. It felt odd to think I'd been with Alex and done things. Poor Jeff probably feels helpless, knowing I've been with Alex and seeing how our relationship is not exactly approved. Today is drama filled and I need sleep, I think as I sit down in a meadow I found. Fireflies light the field up and dance around in the moonlight. A voice sounds in my head “Ellie, you need to come back now, it's been long enough.”
“I'm coming,” I say reluctantly. I don't want to leave this beautiful place but I do have to go back to the drama and fix it. I sigh, get up and prepare to fly. I spread my wings when suddenly a net falls over me and rough hands grab onto me, “Got her,” a drunken voice sounds. “Woo fellas! Have we caught ourselves a treat tonight!” I let out a scream and think in my head “Alex, oh god Alex, they got me, I'm in a net in a meadow, they got me, oh god!”

Jeff's POV

“Its been long enough don't you think?” I ask Alex.
He sighs and looks down, “Yes I'll call her back.” He closes his eyes and seems to concentrate.
“What are you doing?”
“We can talk telepathically.”
“Oh, is she coming?”
“Yes, though reluctantly.”
I sigh, I shouldn't have tried to make Alex jealous, gotten mad or jumped to conclusions. She's avoiding the drama back here. I can smell Alex's blood and realize, his smells similar to hers. Must be the scent of angels. I can't believe me, the damned soul, is in love with an angel. Its almost comical. A scream sounded from far away.
“Oh no!” Alex suddenly sounds, spreading his wings.
“What? What is it?” I ask worried about Ellie.
“She's in trouble, they caught her, I shouldn't have let her out alone! Wait here.”
“No, I can run just as fast as you can fly, let me follow you.”
“Fine but I'm not waiting around.” He took flight and began to follow the direction of the scream.
“No need,” I mumble taking off at vampire speed.
We reach a meadow not too too far from the pond, I can smell her but I can't initially see her. I look around through the tree's when suddenly I see a group of men walking down a path with a large net in hand. She's inside struggling against the net. I notion to Alex where she is and he nods his head, anger lighting his face, he see's it too. I run around to once side Alex to the next and we prepare our ambush.

….

What have I gotten myself into now? A cry slips from my mouth and tears pour down my face. “Aw, boys look, we've made the angel cry!” The hoard of men laugh they're ill-educated, drunken laughs. Alex has warned me about these men. A small group who believe in angels and go hunting for us, thinking we can erase all they're sins by using our bodies in ways Alex wouldn't tell me. I fear for the worst as tears pour from my eyes.
“Lets hope she has a bad side eh boys?” I feel a hand roughly spank me through the net and I jump up and struggle against the net, wanting to get away from them all. They all laugh as we near a campfire light. I look towards it through my tears and see a camp setting.
They tie the netting up on a tree setting me on display. “Ohh lookie here heh, we got an angel in a silky little night gown.” They all come to look under the net and I cover myself up as much as I can with my wings. “She's a shy one, no worries we'll get to know her soon enough.” I hide in the shelter of my wings and cry hoping someone will save me, anyone, though in the back of my mind I want it to be Jeff the most. They all sit down around the fire and begin discussing tactics in hushed tones so I can't hear. I think of only one thing to do. “Alex, they're all around a fire discussing something, I'm in a net above a tree, I'm really high up. Please come, I'm frightened.”
“We're here Ellie, we just need to wait for the right moment.” A thankful sob escapes my lips and I bury my head further down.
“I believe we've frightened an angel, we're bad aren't we boys? After tonight we'll be squeaky clean, she'll be a good little angel and help us.”
Frightened tears run down my face as I try to block the imagined horrors running through my mind. I squeeze my eyes shut and try to keep myself from sobbing out loud.

Jeff's POV
We wait in the darkness around the camp sight. I see her crying and I want nothing more then to come up there and comfort her. The men are disgusting pigs. I can here they're conversation, making up ways of “cleansing themselves” by use of her. Anger courses through my veins and my fangs prick out fast and I feel my eyes grow dark. Alex warned me no blood spilling but defense only, we must get her out and make them forget, which Alex said he'll take care of. I'm supposed to come out once Alex has give me the signal. I'm doing all I can to stay back and not run out to her. She looks so helpless, sobbing with her wings folded around her. Suddenly, Alex walks out into the clearing and clears this throat. “I believe you have something rather valuable that belongs to me.” The men all turn they're heads and a look a fright flashes about the circle, though Alex doesn't seem menacing at all. I circle around the clearing until I'm under the tree that Ellie is hanging from. I start to climb the tree but stay concealed in its branches.
The bigger one pipes up, “We don't have anything that belongs to you,” he says with a snarl. Alex gestures to the angel now peaking out from behind her wings.
“She does, and I'd like her back,” Alex says with poise.
“Haha, you and what army kid?” The plump one sneers.
Alex flicks his hand and I assume that's the symbol. I jump down from the tree and take a stance in front of Ellie's net. My animal instincts take over and I find myself snarling at them, showing them my fangs. They all jump with a start and back away from me. Good, I think, they should be scared. “Now, if you'd all be so kind as to back away from this girl and promise to never harm another angel again because I can promise you, doing what you were planning on doing tonight would bring you a whole other world of sin you've never experienced.” Alex instructed. The men glanced from Alex to me then to Ellie, I snarled at them for even looking at her again. “I think he means for you all to speak,” I coolly spit at them. A mumble of I'm sorry's come from the group of men.
“Good, know that if you do anything like this again, I will know and so will he” Alex says, gesturing to me. I can hear Ellie's heat beat racing as the men walk away slowly, glaring at us, some glancing at her with malice. She hides from they're glares, making me angry once more, I started for them but a hand caught me by the arm. “Its no use, she's safe now, that's all that matters.” I nod my head, knowing he's right. A sob from above puts me to action and I free Ellie, cutting the net.
She falls into my arms and beings to cry holding onto me for dear life, like she did in the river. “Shh, shh it's alright now we've got you, your safe” I comfort, as Alex rubs her back.
Suddenly she whispers, “I'm sorry for being trouble.”
We both laugh and Alex says, “Its not your fault silly girl, your no trouble at all. I think its best I escort you two home, at least for myself to feel comfortable. Here let me put these back for you,” Alex concentrates, closing his eyes and holding his hands over her wings. They slowly fold up and dissolve, leaving behind golden bits of light that float over the forest like fire flies.
“Funny my mother used to tell me fire flies were pieces of angels when I was small,” I reminisce. I feel a faint smile grow on her face against my shoulder and I kiss her cheek. “I think it's safest if we go at our speed yes?” Alex buts in.
“Yes, its safest.” I respond, “Hold on tight love.” Her grasp tightens and I take off speeding towards the cabin, running so nothing catch touch her, so no more harm comes to her, at least for tonight.

…..

I wake up in my bed, sunlight whispering through the window pane. Strong arms hold me close to a body sleeping soundly. I feel his breath on my neck and the rise and fall of his chest. I close my eyes and take a deep breath in. I know in the back of my mind what happened last night, I simply want to leave it behind me, I'm safe now. I snuggle in closer and close my eyes, deciding to sleep in a bit longer. A soft, sleepy noise comes from Jeff it sounded like my name but I'm not sure. I smile and sigh, falling back asleep.
I wake up to brighter sunlight lighting up the room. Jeff is playing with my hair, his grip lightened from before. I smile and turn around to face him. He smiles back and murmurs “Good morning love, sleep well?”
“Surprisingly, yes. What time is it?”
“Mmm I don't know” he says tucking a strand behind my ear.
“Well, your not supposed to be in here,” I say with a laugh.
“Yes I felt it best if I made sure you didn't go off into the night again,” He said giving me a stern look. I look down ashamed feeling I caused a lot of trouble last night.
“Oh love, I'm kidding you didn't cause any trouble, I just wanted to sleep with you in my arms, it made me feel better.”
I look up and smile, “Me too.” He leans over and kisses me softly then says, “But your right, I should make my get away before they check on you or me.” He kisses me again and gets up and with his vampire speed, runs through the closets and into his bed without a sound.
Deciding it best I don't venture into my mind I go downstairs to shower, maybe the warm water will clear my head a bit. As the steam rises and the shower produces warm streams flowing down my back I sigh and feel my body relax. Yesterday was only our first day here, and so many things happened. Secrets revealed, I was the damsel in distress one to many times. I wish at least the dramatic events could've been spread out a bit. Then again they're impact would still be just as great. I sigh again and lean up against the shower wall. Looking down I realize how long my hair has gotten, its practically to my belly button. I smile and think, just the way I like it. Suddenly I was aware of a presence in the room with me. My first thought is, please let it be my imagination, let me have some peace. Trying to be quiet I peak out of the curtain to see Alex standing in the bathroom, seemingly waiting for me. “Alex?! What are you doing in here??”
“Oh hello, I just needed to talk to you dear,” He said with his casual tone.
“Right now? I'm showering!” I say accusingly.
“Its the best time to catch you alone, besides, its not like I haven't seen it before,” He said with a slight smirk.
“That is besides the point! I haven't a memory of you seeing anything so...so...no seeing!”
“As you wish, but what I came here to talk to you about...” he trailed off.
“Yes?” I say stretching the shower curtain to cover me fully.
He drops his voice, “Jeff is a good guy, I can tell but, his nature, his soul, is seemingly 'bad' and you must keep some guard up around him. This sort of...relationship has never been seen before, has never been in fact. No regular angel would go around fraternizing with the devil's minion...”
“I am not fraternizing and he is not the devils minion!” I say hurt.
“I'm trying to put it into general terms, forgive me. He has a thirst and our blood is well, delicious to them. I know, I know your trust him. But please, be cautious.”
I sat in silence for a moment then whispered, “Can I save his soul? Make him not damned?”
“I honestly don't know dear. That would be a feat unheard of in any case. The movies rarely even display a vampire being reborn as human. I'm sure your instincts will eventually answer you, but no funny business. If he feeds from you, he will be hearing from me.”
“What if it's special circumstances? Life threatening for him?”
Alex laughs coolly, “Dear, if he started with you, there is no way he could stop, that's what our blood is like, an addictive substance, your salvation, the one thing he wants the most. You smell of the place he only dreams of being in.”
“I believe he would stop.”
“Do you?”
“Yes, I do. Now is this all? I'm getting cold.”
“I hope you've listened dear, this is important.”
“Yes, yes I heard your every word,” I say a strand of my hair falling out of the curtain.
“Then by all means, get warm,” he says with a smile coming nearer and reaching out with his hands and twirling the fallen strand in his hands. I heard him murmur something and I was about to ask what when he disappeared.
I pop my self back under the warm water and put my hands on my head. So whats the general message he was trying to convey? Be safe, be cautious, and don't let him drink. Right, I can do that, I suppose. What is with him anyways? He knows I'm in love with Jeff yet pursues to be all...touchy! I won't let him do this anymore, allowing it is giving him idea's I bet. I finish with my shower and get ready. Once done there I headed upstairs to get some breakfast. “Morning my honey girl,” Grandpa says greeting me with a hug.
“Good morning Grandpa,” I greet back with a smile. I look out on the deck to see my parents sitting out there in the morning sun, having some coffee. I make myself breakfast and realize I haven't seen Jeff all morning. Maybe he fell back asleep? I walk upstairs in his bedroom to find an empty, made up bed. My instincts told me to just go have breakfast on the deck. I walk gingerly downstairs and bring my breakfast outside. Sure enough there's Jeff sitting outside with my parents, having a cup of coffee. He smiles and goes, “Morning,” while my parents echo him. I'm about to take a seat opposite him when he gets up and gestures for me to take it, “I'm tired of sitting,” he coaxes. I smile and thank him, taking the seat. Jeff stands by my chair and my mother coos, “Such a gentleman you are Jeff, that's very kind of you.”
“It's nothing really,” he responds smiling.
The conversation goes around lazily, as we all wake up and sip at the fresh coffee. My instincts suddenly alert me that Jeff is hungry. I look up at him to observe his face and he gives me a weak smile. My parents both go in to refill their cups. I look at Jeff and ask, “Your hungry aren't you?”
“Mmm I used a lot of energy last night,” he off off-handedly responds.
“Jeff its okay, go do what you need to do,” I say grabbing his hand.
“I need to go hunting...” he turned around to face the lake.
I get up and put my arm around him, “Like I said, go do what you need to do.”
He looks at me squinting, “I don't want you thinking I'm some monster.”
“I don't and I couldn't, I promise, I'll think worse of you if you don't take care of yourself,” I assure with a smile. Without another word he hops right off the deck and runs out into the forest. My parents come back to find me alone, looking off into the distance. “Where's Jeff?” My dad questions.
“Out,” I respond not having made up an excuse yet.
“Out?” my mom pipes in.
“Yeah, out on a walk, he likes to walk alone sometimes, when he wakes up, you know,” I ramble hoping I sound convincing.
“Oh, he's so old fashioned isn't he? He's certainly something else,” mom comments.
“He sure is,” I whisper looking onto the lake.
I go inside and look around. What to do? I sat on the couch and thought to myself, today is going to be a normal, nice day, I'll make sure of it. I lounge around on the couch a while, not not knowing what to do. I think, what would a normal teenage girl do? Er...text? There's no service and even if there was any, I wouldn't do that. Go on the internet? I brought my laptop. But no internet connection up here either. I started to think of movies. Read magazines? Write in my diary? Fawn over a boy while painting my nails? All of it was unappealing to me. I walked up to my room, climbed through the window and sat on the highest point on the roof. I felt good and natural up there. I guess being an angel does that, high places remind me of “home”. The view up there was amazing. I could see the lake and the tree tops. Everything was so vivid yet natural in color. I let the breeze blow through my hair. “Ellie, you'd best get down its dangerous up there.”
“Haha Alex, don't be such a worry wart, I'm fine.”
“I'm trying to look after you...” he trails off.
“Your doing a great job,” I respond.
He grumbles and says, “Well I'm watching you, no funny business.”
“Alex, that's creepy.”
“It's my job! I've been doing it for hundreds of years!” he defended.
“True, just not used to the idea yet in this life I suppose.”
“Yes, you always are. Even when your not human.”
“I wish I could transform into a cat and roam about the forest.”
“You'd be ten times more likely to get attacked.”
“Not a house cat silly.”
“Mm, well, it is possible...”
“Is it really?” I ask eagerly.
“Yes but it requires lots of training and energy and concentration and...”
“Shhh, let me concentrate then.”
I concentrate on the idea of a jaguar, black and majestic, graceful and fierce. I feel a light inside me start to grow and my senses change. I open my eyes and the world is crisp and new. I look down to see paws, but not black, they're white. I get up and test my new legs. I feel graceful and majestic just like I imagined. I feel like running, the urge is almost unbeatable. I prance around in a circle and hop right off the roof, landing on my feet, like a cat should.

Jeff's POV
Fresh blood in my system, I feel full and strong. I walk briskly back through the forest. I realize I'm covered in blood. I should find a stream and wash off. I walk along the forest trying to smell for any source of water. I follow the trail once I've found it. Its hidden deep in the brush. I walk towards it and I hear a lapping sound, like an animal drinking from it. I'm not hungry anymore and I hope I don't scare it off. I walk slowly into the clearing to find a big white cat. Its delicately pawing at the water staring at its reflection. I snap a twig and it's ears perk up. It's tail flicks and it hops around the pond towards me. What is this thing doing? I don't think jaguars live in this forest, and what jaguars are white? It starts to bound towards me, looking like its going to attack. I get in a defensive stance and my fangs prick out fast, my stare gone cold. The cat stops in its tracks and looks up with big blue-gray eyes. I stare at them a second and my fangs pop back in and I kneel down. The cat blinks then comes closer, cautiously. I open my arms showing it I'm not going to hurt it, there's something about this cat, those eyes.... but it couldn't be. Maybe its one like her kind.
The cat flicks it's tail and comes near me. It stops in front of me, brings its face near to me and nuzzles my face. It purrs and rubs itself against me and coming up the other side of me. It curls it's tail around my hand and I rub its back. It nuzzles my face again then brings its face close to mine, staring. I look into the cats eyes and realize the pupils are the middle of a flower, created by the petals of the irises. “Ellie?” I whisper. The cat purrs louder and nuzzles my face. I sit down on the ground and she sits in my lap. I pet her pure white coat and she purrs nuzzling me. She turns her cat head to me and licks my face, I laugh and say “I love you too, how did you get like this?” The cat gets up and bounces around me flicking its tail playfully. “You can't speak?” She stops and shakes her head no, pawing at her ears. I reach over and scratch her ears and she purrs and sits back down in my lap. “Can you get back to your human form?” She gets up and circles the pond again, beckoning me to follow. She looks down in her reflection and I see Ellie, in her human form looking back up at me. She paws at her reflection and whines. “Oh no, you don't know how to change back?” The cat hangs her head and she paws at her face, ears down. “Aw its okay, we'll figure this out,” I say petting her.
Suddenly a twig breaks behind us and Alex steps out. “I told her to be careful, but she wouldn't listen.”
“She did this by herself?”
“Yes, she was a cat in her past life so I suppose the form carried on with her.”
“She's stuck,” I say concerned and the cat jumps up on my back, nuzzling my ear, paws placed on my shoulders.
“This is why I told her no. She's going to have to go through things to get out of this.”
“Like what?” I say scratching her head, that's rested on my shoulder.
“One way is putting her in danger, scaring her out of this form.”
“I don't like that,” She kicks off my back and bounds into the pool. She sits in the middle putting her head underwater, leaving her eyes above, “Obviously she doesn't either.”
“The other way is worse. She'd have to go hunting like a jaguar would,” The cat growls in the water and turns around, back facing us.
“Are those her only options?”
“Yes, I'm sure the last option is too much for you to handle.”
“Whats the last option?”
“Killing her cat form,” He responded with a sigh.
I look at the cat in the water. Her ears flattened to her head, back tensed. She looks sideways over her shoulder, the two of us staring at her. Her eyes grow wide and she bounds out of the water and up an near by tree. Water drips from the branches.
“Love we aren't going to do that. I'd never, but you have to pick one of the options. You can't stay like this forever.” A tail flicks from the tree and at a closer glance its shaking.
“Come down love, you'll catch a cold, we won't hurt you.”
The cat swings down from the branches hanging on with her front paws then drops, landing on her feet gracefully. She shakes off the water and slowly walks towards us, eyes uneasy. I hold open my arms and she walks into them and I embrace her. She's shaking and wet. “Here put this on,” I take off my shirt and try to put it on her. She fusses at first, resisting. “It doesn't matter that you'll look like some pet, you'll be warm,” I say reading her thoughts. She hangs her head and stays still as I put the shirt on her. She sits offhandedly away from us head down. She paws at the shirt and looks dissatisfied. I can't help but laugh, its adorable. She perks her ears at my laugh and tilts her head. I laugh again and explain, “Sorry love, its just that your adorable, even as a cat.” She paws at her face and flicks her tail.
“Dear, you must pick, danger or hunting?” I look up at Alex when he calls her dear.
“She can't speak.”
“She can move.”
“Here I have an idea,” I sit next to her in the gravel and draw the words 'hunting' and 'danger'. “Paw your choice love.” Alex comes near and stand behind her on the other side. She looks at the two options and whines. After a minute or so of staring she slowly places her paw on hunting.
We walk down the path together, Ellie in the middle, Alex and I on either side. Ellie keeps her head low as though defeated. “This is going to be hard for her and she'll want to stop but we can't let that happen,” Alex informs. I simply nod and look down at the white jaguar sporting my shirt and flicking her tail in discomfort. We walk for a bit when suddenly she stops. She paws off my shirt and nudges it toward me. I take it and she nuzzles my leg before bounding off into the forest. I start off for her but Alex holds me back, “She knows what she's doing, she was a cat remember?”
“But for how long?”
“Thirty years or so. We should follow her scent trail but walk, not run. She's in animal mode now, if we were to approach her she may attack us.” I say nothing more but start off in the direction she headed.
Hours later walking along her scent trail we hear a loud roar. Alex breaks out into a run and so do I. In seconds we come upon a scene I never thought I'd see before. A jaguar standing over some wounded animal tail whipping slowly in victory. Alex puts a hand before me and we slow. But no matter, the animal senses us and turns around. Blood splashed up against her pure white coat, coating her mouth and chest. Her eyes no longer look like her own, they've grown dark. A low growl comes from her mouth, her eyes menacing. I look at her in disbelief. She growls louder and protects her kill, eyes flicking from Alex to me. “Ellie...” I start to walk towards her. Alex shouts, “No! Jeff!” But its too late. She bounded right for me landing on top of me pinning me to the ground, I didn't fight back, how could I? She's growling, digging her claws into my shoulders. She looks like she's ready to bite but I plead, “Ellie?” in a hushed whisper.
Her eyes grow wide and her expression surprised. Her dark eyes lighten and her cat form melts away. She's laying on top of me, in the stance that the jaguar had, frozen. She crouches there blood coating her mouth dripping down her chest, which I realize then, is bare. She's naked. She stares, mortified, at me. Then slowly gets off me, sitting at my feet, staring at nothing. “She won't realize she's naked for a while, here,” Alex hands me a dress, “put this on her, she won't bite...anymore.” I lean up on my elbows and look at him questioningly. I look at Ellie. Sitting there on her knee's her eyes wide and lost in some place, her long wavy hair covering most of her chest. “Trust me,” Alex whispers, “I must go now, I trust you can take care of her for yourself now?”
“Yes, um...thank you, for helping her.”
“Its my job.” He walks away causally and disappears.
I look over at her again, nothing has changed. She must be in a daze, having changed her form so suddenly. I reach over and wipe the blood from her mouth, she simply blinks. I pick her up and walk towards the nearest pond, holding the dress in my hands. She just stares up at the sky, blinking when appropriate. The only sign of life she gave me was when she reached up and gently tugged on my shirt.
Once I found the pond I set her down on the bank and took off my clothes. I picked her up again and waded into the water. Her body was lifeless and I had to hold onto her so she wouldn't slip away. I set her up on the bank sitting with her feet in the water. I started with her mouth, then her neck, then her chest. The blood had gone all the way down to her upper thigh. Once I got to her stomach I had to lean her up against me as I stood in the water. I was almost finished when I felt water running down my back. I lift her up and she's crying. I stare at her wordlessly, not knowing if she's awake. Her eyes slowly float to me and the tears come down silently, quicker.
“I'm....sorry,” She whispers.
“Oh no love its alright! I understand, I made the mistake of approaching,” I say pulling her into an embrace. She rests her wet cheek on my shoulder and said no more.
“Almost done love,” I say bringing up more stream water.
Once I finished and got her in the dress I carried her home and instead of walking right into the front door, I went through her window and set her on her bed. I started to walk out but her hand grabbed my shirt as I was walking out. I smiled meekly and lay down next to her.

…..

I woke up and my stomach felt sick. I remembered faintly what happen and it churned. I crinkled my face in disgust. Today was supposed to be a normal day, but I had to see if I could transform. Disgusted with myself I sat up and put my head in my hands, pulling my knees into my chest.
“Love?” I look up to see Jeff sitting on the end of my bed, his face painted with worry. He crawls towards me and takes my head in his hands, analyzing my face.
“Are you alright?” He asks tilting his head.
“I...don't know.” I stumbled. He picked me up and took me in his arms holding me close to him.
“You did what you had to do,” he stroked my head.
“I...i attacked you!” I said in a hushed whisper.
“Its understandable, it wasn't you, it was the animal.”
I just shake my head and bury my face into his chest, “Its unforgivable.”
“Oh yeah? I forgive you with all my heart.”
“I killed an innocent deer. I...ate and I ripped and...” tears choked the rest of my words.
“Shh, shh, you did what you had to do, your not bad because of that, god put animals on earth for us to eat anyways,” he said stroking my head and wiping my tears.
I nodded my head, lost for words.
We stayed inside the rest of the day lazing around and being normal. I got half of the normal day I wanted. Surprisingly my body was more weak and worn out from the events of that day then the events of yesterday. Jeff was compliant to say the least. We didn't talk much with words. More action and our expressions. I dossed off a lot and noticed my complexion was pale. Jeff seemed to notice too and took on an expression of worry, I put it off too being a bit under the weather. That night when I tried to eat dinner I got sick and threw up. Eating brought back the memory of the hunt. I had nightmares about it that night. Apparently I talked in my sleep, Jeff heard and came over through the closet. I woke myself up screaming. Jeff put his hand over my mouth and lulled me back to sleep.
The next nightmare I had was worse. Jeff was coaxing me over to him like glamoring me. I complied but I had a more devious intention. He pushed my hair aside and smelled the nape of my neck, I pretended to be oblivious. As soon as he was about to bite, I bit him first. I woke up screaming again, this time I looked over at Jeff and felt his neck, it was just a dream, just a bad dream. He asked me what I was doing but I shook my head and said it was nothing. I woke up the next morning in a haze. I felt horrible, like some dark cloud had taken residence above my head. I didn't want to do anything but lay there. Sleeping brought back the nightmares, moving seemed silly and unnecessary. Jeff tried to wake me up, to get me to move but I refused. I didn't want to.

Jeff's POV
Her eyes had grown a dark shade of blue. Her complexion was worse then yesterday. I feared for her. I told her family she was ill and that I'd take care of her. I didn't know what to do, she wouldn't get up or talk to me. When I told her to look at me I was met with a blank stare, she looked right through me. I didn't know what else to do, I called Alex and he came.
“Whats wrong with her?” I asked looking down at her. Alex bent his head over her and called her name, she only blinked. His face grew grim.
“She's punishing herself. This is an angel, swallowed up by guilt.”
“What can we do?”
“She needs to feel forgiven.”
“I told her I forgave her with all my heart!”
“The animal too. I told you she wouldn't like it.”
“How can we get an animals forgiveness?”
“A proper burial and service?”
“I can't even get her to turn over.”
“Your being too gentle.”
“I felt gentleness was best at a time like this,” I snarled.
“Quite the opposite,” he said matter of factually.
“Well how do we go about this?” Without another word Alex picks her up and shoves open the window.
“Up and atom Ellie, its time to stop torturing yourself.” She started to resist, punching at his shoulders and moaning in protest. I looked at him with anger.
“Its what needs to be done, she's feisty isn't she?”
I only shake my head.
We travel back to the spot where the animals body was. As soon as she saw it she began to struggle all the more trying to get out of Alex's grasp. She began shouting, “No no! No please no!” Her eyes pleaded and she looked at me with utter helplessness. I had to look away. “Don't make me hunt again, don't make me do it!” She pleaded.
“No ones hunting again dear, we're here to get you to stop being grumpy.” Alex responded casually.
Her head picked up and she slipped her legs out of his grasp her expression determined, “No.”
I stepped forward and touched her arm, “Love it's okay, we have to do this.”
Her face dropped and her body slumped. I caught her just in time before she hit the ground. She looked up at me and whispered, “Fine, I give up.” Then she proceeded to pout like a child. I had to stifle a laugh, it was cute.
We buried the animal, Alex gave it his blessing with the reluctant help of Ellie, he said a few words and forced Ellie to send off the deers' spirit. He took her hands and held them above the mound of earth. A light started to appear before her hands and Alex slowly let go and backed away. The light transformed itself into the deer, it stood before Ellie staring at her. She whispered, “I'm sorry, so sorry.” The deer came near to her and nuzzled the side of her face and licked away her tears. It then trotted off into the forest. Ellie stood up slowly her eyes set on where the deer had disappeared.
A star from the night sky came down and set itself before her. She stared for a second at it unafraid. It entered her body and she flew up, arms reached out, palms up, her hair flowing around her. Light glowed from her. As quickly as the star had entered her, it left and shot back up into the night sky. Ellie's body floated there then, she started to fall. I ran up to her and caught her once again.
Alex went away like before saying to bring her back home and let her rest, she should wake up feeling better. I didn't ask any questions, I was just happy to see her eyes back to that beautiful light blue and her complexion creamy and alive. I brought her back home and told her family she was all better.
I woke up the next morning in Ellie's bed to find her staring out the window. Not knowing what to expect I slowly get up and brushed her hair back. She turns to me and smiles meekly. “How are you feeling?” I ask gently. She closes her eyes and smiles.
“Better. I'm sorry for all the trouble.”
“Its nothing, I'd do anything for you, I was just worried,” I responded, stroking her face.
She leans into my hand and murmurs, “Well I'm sorry for that, this vacation was supposed to be relaxing.”
“We still have more of it left, it can still be relaxing, and fun,” I comfort.
She looks up and smiles a genuine smile and says, “We can have a normal, fun day today.”
“Mhmm,” I murmur gazing at her. Her expression turns serious and her eyes flick from my eyes to my mouth. She turns her body to me and leans in closer, putting a hand on my leg. I lean in too, grabbing her waist and titling my head. “HEY KIDS! WAKE UP! ITS TIME FOR A DAY ON THE LAKE!” Grandpa Jim sings. We jump apart startled, then she begins to laugh and I laugh too. I start to get up when Ellie jumps on top of me. I look at her questioningly and she has a sly grin on her face. She leans in close to me then whispers, “Last one's out a rotten egg,” and bounds for the door.
I laugh and say, “Oh no you don't!” She's at the door but I reach for her and tug her back she laughs and shouts, “No!” I throw her back on the bed and I have my hand on the door knob when she jumps on my back and throws her hands over my eyes. I'm about to throw her back on the bed when she shouts, “Wait!” I stop and look at her.
“What?”
She gets off my back and comes around to my front, “I want to do something.”
She leans in seductively close, biting her lip and she whispers, “You have to close your eyes first.” She puts her hands over my eyes and I close them. She says in a hushed tone, “Just wait your surprise is coming...” I wait thinking of what this 'surprise' could be and a grin slides onto my face, I can't help it. Suddenly I hear the door close and my grin falls. She tricked me! I open the door and she's beaming, “Surprise! I win!”
I scoff at her and say, “You can't tease a man and get away with it that easy love.”
“Watch me,” she says and starts down the stairs. I grin knowing she's won for now but later I'll get her.

…....

The day was warm with a slight breeze, perfect for boating. We all got ready for a day out on the lake. I put on my swim suit and my favorite sundress over it. I applied coconut scented sunscreen and Jeff noticed, he liked it. We headed out on the boat and roamed around for a while, it felt good to have the breeze blow through my hair. We docked in a small cove and I immediately jumped off. Jeff laughed and I beckoned him in. We played around in the water all day, only going on the boat to have a snack and laze in the sun.
After three hours we had to go back to the house, Grandpa had has his fill of sun. Jeff and I sat in the front and he put his arm around me. Once we docked we all unloaded the boat. I told my parents Jeff and I were going on the paddle boat. They had no problem with it, they really trusted us. We raced to the dock and I ran so fast I almost fell it, but Jeff caught me.
“Your always saving me,” I laugh.
“Your always stealing me,” he teases. I got into the boat first and Jeff pushed us off. We started to row, I was steering.
“Where are we going?” he inquired.
“A little beach,” I said mysteriously.
“Is it far?”
“What, can't you paddle a little boat like this?” I teased.
“Oh haha,” he sneered playfully.
We reached the beach in minutes and pushed the paddle boat onto shore. Immediately Jeff pulled me into an embrace, kissing me hungrily. He began to walk us out into the water all the while kissing me tenderly. Once he got up to his chest he stopped and I wrapped my legs around him, I couldn't touch. His hands ran up and down my spine and a slight moan escaped my lips. He responds to this by putting a hand on my upper thigh and another on my lower back. He licks my bottom lip and kisses me deeply.
We seemed to be in that embrace forever. We only stopped once the sun started to set. He carried me into shore and we sat and watched the sunset together. As the sun set I realized how much Jeff meant to me, and how he completely changed my life around. I know I've had many lives, but I don't think I've felt a love like this, ever. I loved him, with all my heart and soul, and he loved me too.

We docked the paddle boat into shore once more and walked up to the house. We both showered and got into comfortable clothes after dinner. We settled in downstairs and watched a movie. I fell asleep in his arms right as the two lovers in the movie kissed for the first time. I woke up many hours later alone on the couch. I rubbed my eyes and turned off the movie, playing its credits. I get up to go into my room when something catches my eye in the window. A man is standing there hands pressed up against the glass eyes hungry and watching. I scream and jump back behind the couch. “Jeff? Jeff! Jeff!” I call out all the while keeping my eye on the man.
Footsteps approach me from behind and arms grab me, “What is it?”
I point at the window to the man with the hungry eyes, “He's watching me.”
Jeff stands up and gets in front of me. He approaches the window but the man only shifts his position to watch me. Jeff snarls and I hear the dart sound. I hide behind the couch and peak around it. The man looks at Jeff at first bewildered, then laughs Jeff stands back from the window a look of speechlessness splashed on his face. The man approaches the window and I hear the dart sound again but fainter. I look to see the man has fangs and he looks like he's sniffing, pawing at the glass. I stifle a gasp and put my hand over my mouth. He looks crazed and hungry. He begins to lick the glass and stare right into my eyes. “Don't look into his eyes love,” Jeff commands. I close my eyes and bury my head into my knees. Silence takes hold of the room when suddenly a woman's voice calls, its very strong and commanding but dignified, “Down Harasel, down. Haven't I taught you anything? Hello Jeffery, I've come to visit you. Won't you let me in?”
“Valkria?”
“Hello to you too, does the door open? I'll control Harasel.” She walked towards the door and Jeff followed. I stood up from my hiding place and watched bewildered. Jeff opened the door slowly letting the tall brunette woman in. She was wearing a formal long skirt and a suit top, like a business lady. A small hat pinned to her dark luscious hair covered her eyes with a black netted veil. I tugged at my nightgown feeling immediately under dressed. She was slender and tall, but Jeff still overtook her in height. She smiled at him and kissed both his cheeks in a french manner.
“It's good to see you Jeff, you've been well I hope?”
“Y-yes,” he stumbled back, eyeballing Harasel who was right behind Valkria.
She suddenly sniffed the air and her eyes turned toward me, “Ohh, who's this?”
“This is Ellie,” Jeff said coming over to me. She followed suit and took a seat on the couch opposite us.
“Your...?”
“Girlfriend,” He answered.
“Ah, a lover, she has a peculiar scent, you know.” Her gaze burned a hole into my face. I tired to act comfortable and gave a meek smile. She returned with a cool smile. Jeff took my waist and lead me to sit on the couch.
“Yes, I do know.”
“If you don't mind my asking what is she? She's certainly not human.” Her eyes bore into my every feature, analyzing me. I flick my gaze to her right. Harasel is sitting stiffly next to her, his eye's glued to me licking his lips and sniffing the air. I fall deeper back into the couch. A voice sounds in my head, “Ellie, tell them what you are, or they'll simply drain you.” I look over at Jeff who looks apprehensive and give him a look that it's alright.
“She's an angel.”
“Aren't they all,” She responded.
“No like a real angel, not her personality.”
Valkria's eye's flicked from Jeff's face to mine. She seemed to take a deep breath and go tense for just a second, then relaxed and said, “Well you've always had an eye for the unique Jeffery.”
Jeffery gave a quick tense laugh then asked, “What purpose do you have here?”
She laughed coolly and it sent a shiver down my spine.
“Straight to the point I see. I came here because I need something from you.”
“And what would that be?”
“It's come to my attention that you've grown up quite a lot, yet you haven't become a maker.”
“That's because I have no desire to be one.”
“The Higher's are the ones who brought it to my attention, Jeffery.”
His face went blank.
“They've ordered this be done immediately. I'm here to take you to the proper place.”
“I...can't just leave. I'm here on vacation with her family.” Jeff explained.
“You either come with me now or I'll have to unfortunately break all human ties you've made,” she pauses and looks at me, “permanently.”
My breath caught in my throat and Jeff looks at me, his face full of pain. He seemed to begin to protest but Valkria cut in.
“Jeffery, you know what I mean. I'm not afraid to damn my soul more.”
“I'll do it, just please don't hurt her. Excuse us for a moment.” Jeff took my hand and lead me into the next room closing the door. He took my face in his hands.
“Love, I have to go away for awhile. I wish I didn't have too but... you heard her.”
“For...how long?” I ask holding back tears.
His face crinkles up, “Two weeks to a month, I'm not sure.”
“You'll...you'll come back to me?” I barely choke out.
“Of course, of course I will love, I'll come back as soon as I can.”
“Will...will you be alright?”
“Knowing I have you to come home to, yes I will.”
I couldn't hold back my tears any longer I cried and held onto him, hoping if I held him tight enough, close enough, he'd be able to stay. I look up at him to see him crying as well, his tears flowing. I hold his face in my hands and he leans into my touch I whisper his name and kiss him, sweet and slow, trying to make it the best most loving kiss ever, to last him till we can see each other again. I feel fresh tears pour over my hands holding his face. He pulls me close and holds onto me kissing me back. He stops and looks right into my eyes.
“I love you, I love you so much, I've never loved like this and I always want to be with you. I'll come back I promise.”
“I love you too Jeff, I love you with all my heart. Please come back to me, I'll wait for you.”
He nodded his head and pulled me close again, embracing me with all his love, and I felt it. It made me cry, for him, for whatever he was about to go through, I wanted to keep him there, in my arms, and never let go. I tried my best to memorize every feature every touch, not knowing how long it would be till I would see them in person. He pulled away all too soon and gave me a look saying we needed to get back out there. We wiped each others tears away and told each other it'd be okay. He told me to be safe, his chocolate brown eyes melting and churning with grief. I promised and we both walked out of the room to face the woman, taking the love of my life away.
At the sight of us she brought on a fake frown, covered in malice.
“Oh young, love, so vivid. Jeffery we need to leave, I have all you need, I'm sure she can take care of the rest,” she said glancing at me with iced eyes. Jeff simply nodded, engulfing my small hand in his. Valkria started towards the door, the new vampire starting after her. Jeff resisted and held onto me. Valkria turned around with a look that said all to much. Jeff nodded and turned to me embracing me for the last time. I kissed his neck and whispered to him, “Be strong, I'll be waiting for you.” He nodded and kissed my forehead. He walked away, dropping my hand at the very last second. At the door he turned back to look at me and I gave him the best smile I could, trying to stop the tears pouring down my face.
He walked out the door, closing it behind him. I thought of going to the window to watch him leave, but my legs gave out beneath me and I crumbled to the floor. My body began to shake and my breathing uncontrollable. I curled up in a ball and hugged myself, not knowing what to do, not wanting to do a thing but run out that door and take him back.

Jeff's POV

I felt my heart was going to give out on me as I walked out that door, leaving my angel behind. It hurt, and it hurt every morning I woke up. Valkria took me to some place far away, across some body of water. I wasn't paying much attention to anything. She tried to have fun with me but it was useless. The people there spoke, but I didn't hear them. She told me I had to change a person of the opposite sex. They had ordered a girl of sixteen. I don't know why, but we traveled around a lot, they observed people and discussed them.
The only time I would speak is asking what the day was every once in a while. A week turned into two, that turned into three, until we finally found someone. They took me to an abandoned house and told me to wait. They brought back a girl. She begged and pleaded to deaf ears. The light caught something and I look over. She had blue eyes, nothing compared to hers, but they reminded me of why I had to do this. I gave the girl a sympathetic look, not able to speak much of an apology, and bit her without another thought. She struggled at first, kicking and screaming, but they told me to drain her, almost completely but to leave a drop or two. Then I alone was to take her to the back and bury her in the ground. I was to keep watch and sit there, waiting for her to rise. Then I was to teach her the basics of being damned.

…....

We traveled back home to Mound. I told my parents Jeff was called into the army and was dragged away immediately. They were bewildered at first but the false story started to become a truth to them. With this story I needn't explain my depression. I did my best to act happy and put on my best smile for family and friends. I didn't want them worried about me. Of course those who knew me well looked right past my mask. I counted the days. I mostly stayed inside my room, doing nothing in particular.
One day I was sitting in my room. It was three o' clock, two weeks and four days since he'd left. I let myself think of him in moments when I'm alone. I imagine his face, his chocolate eyes, caring expression, smooth caramel skin. I close my eyes and can almost feel his hands caressing my face. I hear his calm, low voice calling me love. My heart seems to ache and I let my head fall out of my hands.
I start to cry when a hand touches my shoulder. I freeze and close my eyes, thinking I've imagined it. The hand moves down my arm and I squeeze my eyes shut and whisper, “Jeff?”
“I wish, your tears are killing me dear.” A casual voice sounds. I look up to see Alex, in his regular wardrobe kneeling before me, eyes fixed on mine. I say nothing, I'm speechless. This sort of human contact I've been yearning for, but not from Alex.
“My god, your so...broken.” His expression turns dire and he gathers me up in his lap and hugs me. At first I tense, not knowing what to do, but as soon as he starts stroking my hair I break down and cry into his shoulder. He hugs me tight and strokes my hair and I clutch at his white shirt.
“I know, I know, there, there, it'll be better soon, I'm here,” he whispers into my hair. I think of responses but never speak them. I only cry until I'm tired and I feel I've used up all my tears. All the while Alex holds me, gently rocking back and fourth. I sniffle into his shirt and start to feel myself relax. My muscles unwind and melt, tired from the mass of emotions. I feel myself being lifted up and set down in some place soft, warm blankets cover me. I feel hands fall away. I don't want them to go, they're so comforting. I grab them and ask them not to leave me, please. They stayed and I held onto them. They enveloped my hands and gently stroked them. I fall into the black sea, hoping I don't dream about anything but him.

Alex's POV

I sit at her bedside holding onto her delicate hands. I sigh and get ready for a long night. Her eyes tonight, were so barren, it broke my heart. Through all her lives and reincarnations, those eyes have always stayed the same, proving the eyes really are the window to the soul. I think back to the times those eyes stared lovingly into mine. I was told to let her experience human love, though I was made to be her mate. They tell me its good for her to get an understanding of them, if she gets to know and love them, to experience what they experience. Though it hurts me to have seen her with so many different people, I know its for the big cause, for her life's purpose. I love her enough to allow her to pursue that.
These humans come into her life and usually break her heart. Then I'm to let her feel the pain of heartbreak for a while before I can finally come to her side and make it all better. I live to protect her, and I dream of loving her like I want to. But if she wishes to be with Jeff and he makes her happy, then I'll stand back and watch over.
I wish I could be the one to make her smile like he does, to be the one who's name she whispers out in hope. I want to climb into the bed and hold her close, protect her from any bad dreams or thoughts. But she would feel she'd be betraying her lover.
I lean over her and kiss her forehead lightly, making sure she doesn't feel it, but so I can feel her soft skin again. She turns towards me and mumbles, “Jeff...Jeff come....home...I'm tired...so much...pain...no!” Her face wrinkles in pain and tears fall from her eyes. She springs up with a shout and calls out his name. Her hand comes up to her mouth stifling an “oh”. She draws her knees into her chest and drops her head. I can't stand to see her hug herself anymore, I get up from my chair at her bedside, grab hold of her and lay down, holding her close, protecting her from the bad feelings.
She doesn't even resist, she just melts into me sniffling and crying. I let her cry and grip at my shirt. I pour all my love into the embrace, stroking her and soothing her back to sleep. She looks up at me, tears brimming, and speaks with her eyes. I nod understanding she's thankful I'm here. She buries herself closer to me and I soon lull her back to sleep. I hold her though the night, sleeping soundly for the first time in seventy four years.
A month turned into two. Her eyes grew more and more barren. She barely spoke. I feared for her mental state and I asked if I could relieve her pain, but they declined, they wanted her to experience this.
I always left before she woke up, knowing if I stayed it would become too real for me. One morning I woke up to see Ellie had fallen out of my arms in the middle of the night. I get up on my elbow and look at her face. Whens she's sleeping, she looks so serene, so happy. I gently take her chin in my hand and as soft and light as possible, I kiss her. I figure if she can't feel it, she won't know and no harm will be done. Her lips are motionless under mine when suddenly her hand reaches up and combs through my hair. Her lips come alive and kiss me back hungrily, with passion. I kiss her back feeling the world is right again. I let my hands travel around her. Our lips melt and move together, like they did, so many years ago.

…..

I wake up to someone's lips pressed up against mine. I immediately know who's they are and I take them in. I comb my fingers through his hair, it feels longer then before. I kiss him passionately and wanting more. His hands are so adventurous, not like before. I welcome it all. I want to feel his love with all my heart. This is what I've been yearning for, dreaming about, for months. I roll on top of him and kiss him with a new found hunger. Passion brims from our kiss, and he nibbles my bottom lip, he's never done that before but I like it. Then he kisses my collarbone and runs his hands up my spine. Everything he does with ease and I love it all, its like he knows exactly what gets me.
His lips return to mine and he pushes his tongue inside my mouth when usually he asks. His tongue floats about my mouth, knowing where to go, what to touch. He seems to push every button I want him to. I pull away and sit on top of him to look at his face, but darkness covers it, and he beckons me back in. He kisses me again, using his tongue. He flips me over so he's on top of me, pressing his body close. He runs his hands down my neck and I sigh. I find myself drowning in his kiss, his passion. I open my eyes to tell him I love him. To my disbelief, I find not Jeff on top of me, but Alex, a smile on his face that I've never seen before. I take my hands down from his body and cover my mouth. What have I done? His smile drops and concern paints his face.
“I thought...” my words choke in my throat and I slip out from underneath him and go across the room.
“Ellie...”
I look at him holding back tears. He's sitting in my bed the covers half off him, shirtless, his hair messy and his expression hurt. I think of what Jeff would've done, had he seen what just happened. My knee's buckle from under me and I whisper, “What have I done?”
I hear the bed creak and a hand is on my shoulder seconds later. I shy away from his touch.
“Dear...please...”
“No...just...go....I can't...please, just go.” The hand slips away from my shoulder and his presence disappears.

Jeff's POV

She rose from the ground and looked around. Her eyes showed her thirst. I told her who I was, she said she remembered.
“Your a vampire now Melissa.”
“I'm so thirsty, do you have anything?”
“Soon I'll teach you to hunt, but first I must teach you the basics of being a vampire.”
I told her all the rules, sorted the fact from the fiction. She oh-ed and ah-ed at some points, while grimacing and squinting at others. Like any new vampire she was eager to feed. I taught her the basics of picking prey and she listened hungrily.
After I had her well informed I threw a blood bag at her. She looked apprehensive for a second, then drank it all in five seconds. A smile grew on her face, crazed blood frenzy happiness, lighting her red eyes. I told her where she was to live and that there I will teach her the basic hunting skills. She may choose if she'd rather human or animal prey. She didn't seem to mind that her whole world had just been flipped upside down.
We traveled back into the country, I was eager to be back. Every blonde turned my hopeful head, only to be disappointed. Valkria wouldn't let me go back just yet, I must teach Melissa how to hunt. In teaching her I had to prey upon humans which I hadn't done for years. I found animals to be less damning if you will. Hunting them again brought back a sick excitement for me. I tried to fight it off but my nature wanted it, embraced it.
After a week I was allowed to be free. Valkria said she'd take care of Melissa and inform the Higher the deed was done. As soon as she slipped the word 'bye' I ran out the door and started for Ellie's home.
It was a long walk and I arrived at her neighborhood around midnight, but I couldn't wait. I slipped through her bedroom window, and found her face, asleep, peaceful, lit by the moonlight. Her beauty struck me and caught my breath. I keeled next to her bedside and stroked her face. Her hair was smooth but a bit messy. I leaned over and kissed her cheek, moving slowly to her lips. Suddenly her hand was on my face, but pulling me away. Confused I just stared at her. Eye's still closed she mumbled, “No don't do this again Alex, no.”
My heart dropped, “What??”
Her eyes opened slowly and stared at my chest, “I said don't do this again Alex, I can't.”
I couldn't find words. Looking in her eyes I was horrified to find nothing. They were barren and cold. I could barley see the light behind them, that used to shine so bright. Did I do this?
“Love? Its me.”
Her eyes slowly traveled up to my face. Her eyes grew wide and she slowly sat up in bed. She reached her hand out and touched my face, as if to check if I was real. I turned my head in her hand and kissed her palm. She didn't seem to believe I was real. She looked into my eyes and I looked into her's. Tears brimmed and she jumped on me, hugging me close. I held her in my arms like I dreamed of doing for months. I kissed her head frantically, she wrapped her legs around me and I stood up and pressed her up against the wall. I kissed her with all my love, wanting her to know she was my universe. She kissed me back slowly, taking in the feeling of our love. She ran her fingers through my hair and I licked her bottom lip, begging for entrance. She seemed to not be able to open her mouth fast enough and she let me in. I traveled around her mouth gently, exploring all the things I explored once before. A moaning sigh left her mouth and I rested my hands on her hips. My mind lost all thought.
“Ellie?” A light turned on and I looked around. There was Alex, shirtless, in her bed, half asleep. My limbs felt numb and I let Ellie slide down the wall. I backed away from her, how could she? My heart felt shattered in my chest, she was sleeping with him.

…..

“Oh god Jeff, no! It's not like that I swear!”
“How do you explain that then? He's half naked in YOUR bed!” His eye's squinted in pain.
“I...I don't sleep well, he helps me sleep...” I said trying to not make its sound worse.
“Oh what by lifting your skirt and feeling you up?” He said with malice
“Don't you talk to her like that,” Alex defended getting up from the bed.
“I'd advice you not to come near me nor speak to me.” Jeff spat.
“Jeff, please believe me, it's not like that...I ...I” my voice faltered, lost for words.
“How can I believe you when you can't even explain? How could you do this?”
Tears poured from my eyes now, “Jeff...please believe me!”
“You...you've been sleeping around...with him!”
“No! No I haven't!”
“Don't lie to me!” He shouted. I pressed myself up against the wall, his sudden burst of anger frighting. Alex took another step towards him but Jeff closed the gap, coming menacingly close to his face.
“Don't yell at her.” Alex coolly instructed.
“Get away from me.”
“You have no idea what you've put this girl through. And you come back here and accuse her of being unfaithful? She's been nothing but!”
“I said get away from me.”
“No.” Alex stood his ground. I heard the dart sound and Jeff's voice changed.
“I'm warning you.” His icy voice was thick with venom.
I heard a snarl and I ran up and put myself between them, facing Jeff.
“No!” I screamed throwing my hands up in defense.

Alex's POV

She ran up in front of me just as he was about to bite me. She screamed a protest and put her hands up in front of her face. He wasn't looking and he bit her wrist. He pulled out bewildered then a drop of blood from his fang fell onto his tongue and with lightning speed he took her into the corner and began feeding from her neck.
“Jeff, my god no! Stop!” I pushed and pulled at him but he wouldn't budge. I was afraid if he was pulled from her he'd rip an artery. I knew the only way was to bring him back. I screamed at him, “My god look at what your doing to her!” I felt helpless. Her head lulled to the side, eyes frightened. A tear rolled down her cheek and she whispered,
“J-Jeff?” He growled in response. Her breathing began to get choppy. She tried to hit him off but he pinned her arm to the wall. I screamed again, “Jeff! Look at her, look at Ellie, she's dying! Don't you see she's dying!” I could feel the place in my heart where I kept her start to shrivel up, she was dying. Tears poured down my face and I shouted, “Jeff snap out of it, your killing her! Your killing Ellie! Ellie's dying, my god don't you love her?” I could feel it, she only hand a little blood left in her body, her stare had gone glassy, her breathing harsh.
Suddenly the sucking sound stopped.
“Ellie...?” His voice seemed to come out of a daze. I ran to her side and caught her before she fell. She lay in my arms, almost lifeless. Jeff looked down at her, blood dripping from his face. His mouth hung open in shock.
“You did this.” I snarled at him.

…...

Jeff's POV

Her eye's were shut, her breathing rapid. Blood trickled down her neck from a red bite wound. She didn't move, she didn't speak. There was a bite mark on her one wrist and a red ring around the other.
“You did this.” Alex accused holding her lifeless body.
I brought my hand up to touch my bloody face, the blood smelled of her. I reached out to touch her cheek and it was cold.
“Jesus...” What have I done? I almost killed the love of my life. I couldn't control myself. I'm a monster. How can she ever forgive me? My god she has to get to a hospital!
“I'll call 911,” I uttered, dashing for the door.
“That won't be necessary.”
I turned around bewildered. Not necessary?
Alex looked up and disappeared into thin air, taking Ellie with him. I began pacing the room and loathing myself. How could I ever get her to forgive me? Blood dripped from my eyes and stung worse then usual. I hated myself knowing I almost took the light right out of my life. Will they make her all better up there? Will I be punished? Surely they cherish her and saw my horrific act. Oh god let her live, please. I cried, my blood mixing with hers on my face. Her blood on my face! I quickly wipe it off with my shirt as if to erase tonight's events.
I imagined a hundred million ways we'd be reunited, but this never crossed my mind. I remember telling her I'd never bite her, I don't look at her as food, that it was barbaric. I tried my best to protect her from everything when I was the biggest threat myself. Minutes later they came back, through a ball of light. I looked at Alex with question in my eyes.
“She'll be alright, she just needs to rest.” I look at her form. She looks like she's enjoying a serene slumber. The color returned to her face, making it glow and despite everything, a slight smile is on her face.
“Good good..” I barely sputter out. I want to reach out and touch her but I don't think I deserve to.
“There's something I need to talk to you about.” Alex leads me to the other side of her bedroom and looks at me sternly.
“We're going to erase all memory she has of you. They've ordered it. I'm going to step in as her mate now. You may not try to make her remember, it will be futile. She's safest now without you in her life. They say this relationship has gone far enough and you should do best to stand down and go about your own life.”
I stare at him in disbelief. Erase her memory? Go about my own life? She is my life.
“Its already been done. If she were to wake up right now she'd see me as her lover and you a stranger.”
I couldn't speak. The light had been snuffed out of my life. Nothing else mattered. I felt numb. The blood had dried on my face.
“If you should ever meet her again, act as a stranger. Don't try to make relations.”
I stared at Alex, looking for some sign of sympathy, forgiveness. I saw none in the eyes of the man she now was actually with. The two angels were to be together and the devils counterpart was to be kicked out, brushed to the side, a mistake, a glitch in the system, a foil in a plot. I bent my head knowing my life had come to a red light, because evil cannot exist without good.

….....

Three Months Later :

The sounds of chirping birds and gravel soothed me. It was a warm sunny day and I was with the one I loved. We walked along the street together hand in hand. Something wet hit my face and I looked up. The clouds were forming bigger now, but not really dark. I felt lips on my cheek and I smiled and looked over to my right. There he was, his shaggy dark hair messy but right, his deep blue, calm eyes with a scorch of yellow at it's center, his lazy smile and loving stare. His broad shoulders and tall stature that was lean but toned. He was perfect in my eyes and I couldn't help but smile at him.
Suddenly it began to down pour and I laughed as we ran for shelter. He pulled me onto the outdoor concert stage that sat at the end of the park. We were soaked anyways but out of the rain.
“Why don't we share the classic kiss in the rain dear?” Alex cooed. I smiled as he pulled me close and kissed me romantically. The coldness of our rained on skin meshed with the warmth of the inside of our mouths as we held each other close and the rain drizzled around us. After a few wonderful moments he pulls away, “How does a warm fire and some blankets sound?”
“Good,” I murmur with a smile, “Race you home!”
Months ago Alex told my parents I needed to go to a private school for “special people”. My parents understood, always knowing there was something more to me. I do miss them but I get to see them when I want to. I don't actually go to school, I've learned all there is to know through hundreds of years of dull schooling.
Alex and I bought a small apartment together that overlooked the lake I grew up on. He promised we'd grow old together. I feel right with him, I don't know how to explain it, like we're meant to be. Well we are, I was born to help the world and he was born to help and love me. He's helped me develop all my powers and concentrate on my current life's mission. I still haven't figured it out quite yet.
I like to go out on walks because I feel something is waiting for me out there, maybe I'll bump into my mission. I know my intuition will let me know. Alex and I don't have much money, but I don't care, being with him makes my life rich in different ways. He's always there for me, no matter what happens and I love him for that.
“Shouldn't you change out of your wet clothes babe? Your shaking.” Alex ponders as we walk into the apartment.
“I suppose I should....” I comply.
“I could always help you out of those clothes hon,” he says with a wink.
I laugh and walk into our bedroom. I look around for something to wear when I hear the door shut. I look up to see Alex causally walking around the room looking for something.
“Alex?” I say with a slight laugh.
“Just looking for some dry clothes...” he trails off. I shrug it off knowing he's up to something, he always is. I'm bending over looking for something suitable to wear when I feel a body press up against me and hands on my hips. I jump and turn around,
“Jeez Alex don't scare me like that!”
“Sorry dear, I couldn't resist,” he murmurs leaning in close. He tilts his head sideways and presses me up against the dresser. I close the space between us bringing our wet lips together. He hungrily kisses me, opening my mouth wider with his tongue. He kisses me deeply and picks me up and sets me on the dresser. I wrap my legs around him and he pulls my hips in close. I feel his hands move from my back to my chest and he starts to unbutton my top. I sigh and kiss him tenderly knowing whats coming and welcoming it.
A while later we're sitting in front of the fire. I love to hear stories about my past lives and always beg him to tell me.
“Well when you were in Spain you felt compelled to help the poor and you always used to say, 'I'm helping the probrecito's,'. You stayed with one family for a long while. They were missing a son, about your age and they asked for help finding him.”
The word probrecito's caught my attention and I felt like I heard it before, like it was significant, but I assumed it was from my past life.
“Did I ever bring him back?”
“No, unfortunately you didn't. You found him only after seeing a trace of his blood.”
“What? What happened?”
“You went into the mountains, in the form of a cougar. You searched around sniffing out his scent and you came upon drops of blood, you identified them as his. I wasn't far behind you, I was disguised as an eagle. As I was soaring above you I saw a man come at you with a gun, and before I could do anything...he shot you.”
I gasped and Alex looked down.
“The man dragged your body to his home but once you got there, you started to morph into your human form. I tried to distract them but it didn't work, they shooed me away. You ended up transforming right before their eye's. You later said a boy around our age came out and your recognized his scent, it was the missing boy. You tried to rescue him but you sensed his soul was corrupted. He looked at you in a way that only one thing could...”
Alex trailed off and I eagerly asked, “What thing?”
“Vampires. They thirst for our unique blood because we taste of salvation. Not only was he a vampire, but he was new, so his blood lust was uncontrollable. The minute he lay eyes on you he lunged right at you. The man who shot you stopped him and threw a blanket to you to cover yourself up. You thanked him in his language and the boy spat at you, “Little girl, let me taste your blood, you smell delicious, so pretty.” You apologized for the trouble and started to make your way out but the boy got lose and attacked you while you were outside. You had no choice but to use your powers against him.”
“Wha-What did I do?”
“You used your powers to gather up a force that blasted him off of you. I transformed and ran to your side. He looked at you bewildered and asked in his language, “What are you?” You simply answered, “Salvation.” and I got us out of there. You were very shaken and you decided seeing as your cat form had died, you would be a cat in your next life. I had to be your owner then, it was quite an odd time.”
“Why?”
“You were a cougar, hard to keep you unnoticed. Thankfully you were tiny and could pass as a house cat. Though some trained eyes recognized what you were. Then I'd have to run out of state and find a new home.”
“Sorry for causing so much trouble,” I mumbled looking down, feeling guilty.
“Oh no no dear, it was nothing, I got to see the world. The worst part was not being able to be with you like I can in your human form.”
“Alex?”
“Hmm?”
“How long have we been...together?”
“Hmm hard to say...five hundred years or so?”
“Wow...” I trail off imagining life five hundred years ago.
“Unfortunately we were never able to get married once it was invented, we were never of age. Though I could've.”
“You could have?”
“I'm 18 silly.”
“Ohh...how come I'm made so young then?” I said starting to pout.
He laughed, “Its easier for you to be found as an angel, being young and perceived as pure and innocent. You needed people to be able to believe in you and your abilities to help them.”
“I don't think I'd trust a sixteen year old with much...”
“Not the average sixteen year old, your different sweetheart.”
“Mm,” was all I could get out. My mind pondered life and it's meaning as rain pattered on the window. Suddenly Alex puts his hand on my head.
“Why didn't you tell me you were so hungry?”
“I...guess I was lost in thought.” He laughs and kisses my forehead.
“I'll be back soon, I'm going to pick up something.”
“Okay,” I say faintly.
“I'll be back in a bit, love you, don't get too lost in your little world,” he teased grabbing his keys.
“Love you too,” I said with a laugh. The door shut and I sighed, wondering what I'll do by myself.
I gaze around the room and see a flower vase, sitting empty on the end table. Then I realize, there was no plant life what so ever in the house. I take the vase and fill it up with water then go in the living room window and open it up. Its hard, the window is large and old but I finally pry it open so I have access to the flower box. As I'm choosing and cutting flowers a person down on the street catches my eye. Its a man, tall and muscular with dark brown hair and caramel colored skin. He's walking down the sidewalk alone and I see he's trying to act normal but some weight makes his broad shoulders stoop down. I feel for the man and wish I could help him.
I cut a flower and it falls as I'm trying to get it into the vase. It floats all the way down and lands in front of the caramel colored man. He looks up and stares at me. His face is kind and I smile and laugh, “Sorry!” He just stands there staring for a moment then looks down and pushes his hand up in an “it's fine” gesture. He keeps walking down the street and I see he's wearing a shirt with wording on it. I lean out of the window to get a better look. Trying to read it I lean out more. I hear footsteps behind me but ignore them. Suddenly I'm pulled from the window.
“Jesus Ellie! What were you doing?” Alex stands there holding me panting.
“I..was um...cutting flowers...” I say still adjusting to the change of scenery.
“You could've fallen. That's a long way down sweetie.” He said with a sigh. I notice the vase sitting on the windowsill.
“We needed flowers,” was the only response I could think of.
He laughed and sighed, “Oh always in love with nature.”
I felt bad and was about to say sorry when a gust of wind blew the glass window back into place shattering glass pieces everywhere. Alex tried to get in front of me but a shard got stuck in my arm. A silent scream came out of my mouth as I look to my arm. Alex turns around and seeing my wound scoops me up and brings me into the bathroom. He sets me on the sink and turns on the light. He gingerly takes my arm and said, “I'm going to pull this out okay sweetie? I'll make it better afterwords.” I look down at my arm and start to feel faint, blood bothers me. “One...two...three.” he calmly counts then I hear it come out. I scream in pain and he gets to work healing my wound, holding his hand over it and concentrating. I take deep breaths as the pain slowly fades away, I don't dare look and risk fainting. Just thinking about it makes me light headed and I rest my head on his shoulder. Moments later he announces, “All better, sorry for the pain my love.” He strokes my face and carries me to our bedroom and lay's me down.
“You must get sick of taking care of me.” I say looking up at him.
He chuckles and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, “Never. You rest here I'll make us dinner.”
I mumble an okay and as soon as he closes the door I get up.
I walk to the window to find wind and rain whipping everywhere. I press my forehead to the cool glass and sigh. He makes me feel like a helpless child sometimes. I love him but I want to be dependent on myself. I feel bad resenting his help like this knowing that's his whole life is looking after me. I wonder sometimes if he was actually made to be my mate or if he just fell in love with me. Why would I need a mate to help the people on earth? So I'm not lonely surrounded my millions of people? A little voice in my head whispers, “He fell in love with you.” The voice seems familiar but I don't recognize it. The voice tells me to close my eyes and I do.
I see a playground filled with giggling children. They all have tiny wings fluttering about they're backs. They're all playing with each other and smiling. One girl is off to the side playing with a flower. As she moves her hands about the flower she makes the petals change colors. Red, purple, orange and pink, every time she giggles to herself. Her wings don't flutter like the others, they stand still, every once in a while they'll open and close, like a tiny butterfly. A blonde haired boy with fluttering wings approaches the girl. He stares at her a moment then asks, “How come your wings don't move much?” She looks up, her eyes a light blue-gray.
She furrows her brow in thought then says, “I don't know, they always have.”
“Are you defected? Can you fly?”
The younger girl was about to answer when a taller boy approached, “She's a different type of angel.” He had a calm voice and messy black hair. His eyes were a deep blue with a hint of yellow at the center. The boy looked at him questioningly and he continued. “She's meant to go on earth and help the people down there, she's an earth angel.”
“So she's a weirdo,” The boy concluded for himself and walked off to his friends.
The little girl stared at her flower and it turned a deep, dark purple. The taller boy keeled down next to her and said, “He's wrong you know, your not weird, your special.”
She looked up at him questioningly and he explained, “Not many angels turn out to be earth angels, so your special. Want to be friends?”
The boy smiled at her and she smiled back, nodding her head yes. He sat down next to her and her flower turned a deep, calm blue.
“Whats your name?” She asked.
“Alexander.”
“You sound like a hero,” She said her eyes sparkling with wonder.
He laughed and said, “I'm a guardian angel.”
The girl looked up at him in awe and the boy continued, “So I'll watch over you to make sure no one bullies you around.”
“Okay,” she said with a smile. The little boy silently took her hand and held it over the flower. She watched wide-eyed as the flower slowly transformed into a butterfly. It fluttered about their heads then flew down, through the clouds.
“There, now you have a friend on earth.” The girl beamed and giggled at the boy.
“I'm Ellie,” she said.
“I like your dress Ellie,” The boy commented.
The tiny girl beamed again and said, “Thanks me too!” The boy smiled and laughed at the girl.
The scene ended and opened up to a new one. A girl with a long blonde pony tail was sitting in a classroom wearing a pink dress. Her wings stayed still as others wings in the classroom moved about. She looked about 8 and she was swinging her legs in her desk eager for something. As soon as the teacher called for break she raced out of the classroom on foot and ran down the hallway. Quickly she turned down a smaller hallway and pushed open the door that lead to the outside. She stopped and looked around. Her shoulders slumped a bit and she stood twisting her thumbs. A boy with messy black hair approaches and the girl runs up and gives him a hug, “Alex!”
“Hi Ellie, happy valentines day,” he says handing her a teddy bear. The girl's face lights up and she hugs the bear tight.
“Thank you so much Alex! But oh, I didn't get you anything!”
The boy smiles and shakes his head, “It's fine, I don't mind...though you could do something for me...” he trails off.
Interested the girl says, “What? I'll do anything.”
“Promise we'll always be together? Forever and ever?”
The girl looks up at the tall boy with wide eyes then slowly smiles, “I promise!”
The boy smiles back and says, “Good, we're meant to be together you know.”
The girl giggles and says, “I do now.”
The flashback ended and I find myself staring out the window. Tears prick at my eyes and a voice calls, “Sweetie, dinner!” I gasp forgetting I'm not alone and make my way to the door. Out in the kitchen I smell chicken and mashed potatoes. Alex turns around smiling then his face drops and he rushes over to me. “Honey, why are you crying?”
“You never told me...”
“Told you what?”
I open my hand and a small butterfly flies out of my palm. Alex stares at it in disbelief.
“How did you...?”
“Was it because I was different?”
“I...well...” he trailed off confusion taking over his face.
“You've always told me you were born to be my mate, but you just meant fate, you made it sound like it was the will of God, why did you lie to me for so long?”
“I...was afraid you'd stop loving me after your first reincarnation. I just always loved you. You were always so happy and different, you were special, you are special.”
“You've been with me this whole time on free will?”
“At first yes, but once they saw how capable I was of taking care of you they assigned me to you, and I took it happily.”
“You've...let other men come into my life and you...”
“Loved you enough to let you experience love with a human. They wanted you to, so you could connect with them better.”
Tears brimmed at my eyes and I shook my head, “Oh Alex,” I hugged him and he hugged me back, a new understanding between us, “I'm sorry to have put you through all that, I love you.”
“I love you too Ellie, your my world,” he said in a hushed tone, “You should really eat after losing blood from that wound dear.” I nodded my head and followed him to the table.
After dinner we snuggled in bed and watched an old time movie. I fell asleep quickly and had an odd dream. I was walking along a forest path alone. It looked like my grandpa's forest. I was walking down a long path when a figure came out of the brush. I stopped, frightened. It came slowly closer to me. It was shrouded in the shadows and a low, gentle voice called, “Come back to me love, come back!” In the dream I recognized the voice and shouted back, “No! You drained me, how can I come back to a monster?”
It's voice fell and it said, “Because I'm the monster you love.”
I woke up with a gasp, my head popped up from Alex's chest. I gathered my bearings then lay my head back down. As his chest rose and fell beneath me I looked at his skin, examined every pore. His skin was so flawless, it looked so soft. I took my hand that was resting on his chest and drew slow circles. I looked up at his face. His eyes were closed. His lashes were dark and long. His cheekbones slightly protruded from his face, accented with lips that were full and straight. The look was completed with a complexion that was smooth and equal. He turned his head to the side and took a deep breath, tugging me closer in his sleep. I smile and lay back on top of him, comfortable.
“Done staring at my beauty?” he said.
“Haha, never,” I said kissing his jawline.
“You do realize drawing on someone wakes them up right?” he teased.
“I do now.” He gave me a look of surprise, like he didn't know that I know. I smile at him and he smiles back.

Alex's POV
As we smile at each other I wonder how much she knows. Feeling playful, I roll over on top of her and kiss her neck. She laughs and caresses my back. Then feeling frisky I take her arms and pin them above her head, giving her a smirk. But when I look in her eyes, I see they're filled with terror. I freeze remembering that night. How she tried to fight him off but he pinned her to the wall, leaving a red mark on her wrist, how her head rolled to the side, a tear falling down her face.
I immediately let go and she blinks her mind obviously in a haze. I get off of her and mumble a sorry. I start to get up thinking she's probably frightened of me now when her hand grabs me from behind. She smiles a meek smile and quietly says, “Sorry, I don't know what came over me.” I sit back down on the bed and she comes over and hugs me from behind. I close my eyes and hope she's not remembering him. She plays with my hair and kisses the back of my neck, probably trying to make up for the moment she feels she ruined.
I feel the place in my heart where I keep her swell up and ache. I turn around and kiss her small stomach, she giggles, I probably tickled her. I kiss my way up to her mouth, kissing her full on the lips, fluidly moving with hers. I do all the things she likes and she seems to remember all I like too, because she responds with those loving actions. I remember the countless times we've done this but it never gets old, it's never the same.
After a while she says she's going to go shower and she slips out from under me. I hear the water turn on and I start to make the bed. I get up and look at myself in the mirror. The yellow strike gets bigger as I age and I feel it's ominous. Every time I look at my eyes and see the yellow is more prominent I get the chills. Suddenly a frightened scream comes from the bathroom and I run in there and pull the shower curtain open. She sitting in the corner nearest the shower head, her long hair falling in strands around her scared face. Her knees are pulled into her chest and she's holding her mouth with her hands.
“What is it sweetheart?” I ask looking at her for wounds.
“I...there was a man...with...caramel skin and...fangs...” she sputters.
I look at her astonished. I notice she's shaking and I get into the shower with her and bring her under the warm water, turning up the heat a bit. I brush the hair out of her face and she looks at me bewildered, “Your dressed...”
I laugh and say, “Oh forgive me I forgot the shower rules,” and slip off my boxers.
She giggles and says, “Close your eyes.” I close my eyes and feel her slip past me. I feel a liquid being poured on my head then small hands rubbing my hair and massaging my scalp. I start to open my eyes but she says, “No, no! You'll get soap in your eyes.” I laugh and close my eyes again. She takes my hand and leads me to the shower head and rinses out the soap.
“Can I open my eyes now?” I ask laughing.
“Mhmm,” she says.
“Good cause its your turn. Close your eeeyees,” I tease mimicking her. I get the shampoo and wash her hair, gently massaging the soap all the way through.

….

Ahhhhh this feels good....I can't believe I'm taking a shower with Alex....

Alex's POV
I rinsed her hair and then we helped wash each other. We ended up making love under the warm water. We got out and dried off. I wrap my arms around her to give her a kiss when all of a sudden her form disappears. I look around when suddenly I hear a meow. At my feet is a white jaguar with bright blue-gray eyes. It looks up at me confused and jumps up on the sink and looks in the mirror. It paws at it's reflection and looks frustrated.
“Aw, hon this happens sometimes, sometimes our human bodies retreat once a big event happens.” She puts her paws over her eyes, obviously embarrassed. I laugh and pick up the cat. Its small and light easily passing as a house cat. I carry her out of the bathroom and set her in a laundry basket full of blankets.
“Stay here for just a moment.” She looks up at me with an expression of confusion and I turn around and stifle a laugh, she's always adorable as a cat.
I go in the bathroom and change and come out to find her rolling around in the basket purring loudly.
I laugh, “Content are we?” She freezes mid purr and stops to burrow herself under the blankets. I pick up the basket and set it on the bed and take out the hiding cat. You'd think she'd be distressed having changed so suddenly but she's happy and playful, roaming around flicking her tail. I lift her up and hold her in front of my face.
“You know they don't allow pets in here.” She paws at my face playfully. I set her down and she hops on my back and nuzzles the side of my face.
“This means you have to be sneaky love.” Her purring stops and she gets down from my back and walks away. I follow her into the living room where she sits in front of the window. I scratch her head and she gives a short purr but keeps her gaze on the window.
“What did I say?” The cat shakes her head and hops in my lap.
That night laying in bed with a cat on my chest. I can't help but think she's got some piece of him left inside her, but she doesn't like it. That part I'm half thankful for, half angry at. I erased her memory to save her the pain of his betrayal but at least she doesn't feel the love she once felt. I told myself it'd take time and soon he'd fade away, a dream. I know her human form will come back after she gets over our time in the shower. I guess it was different from other times, more intimate. I don't mind having a cat sprawled on my chest but I'd rather hold something less furry when I fall asleep.
I wake up in the morning hoping to find a naked blonde sprawled on top of me but instead find myself alone in bed. I look around and call sleepily, “Ellie?” A soft meow comes from the kitchen. I walk in to find her hanging from the fridge door trying to pry it open. Laughing I open the door and get some milk and put it in a dish for her, setting it on the table. She looks skeptically at me and I say, “Your the one playing Tarzan on the fridge.” She hops up on the chair and stares at the dish. Then she looks around her, at her own furry body and the chair she's in. Suddenly I hear a loud bang and I turn around to see her face down on the table. I reach to pick her up when I hear a loud sigh. She's frustrated. I laugh, “I can leave the room if you'd like.” She flicks her tail in the direction of the living room. “Say no more,” I say as I scratch her head and walk out of the room.
A couple minutes later she walks out and sits on the windowsill silently. I bend down then newspaper I'm reading and look at her. Initially she looks fine but something catches my attention out of the corner of my eye. I look to see a trail of milk, leading from the kitchen to the kitten licking her paw on the window. She must've sensed my stare because she turned around and stopped licking herself.
As I'm scrubbing the milk out of her coat in the bathtub I teasingly scold, “Bad kitty.” She puts her paws up on the edge of the tub and puts her face up to mine, looking dissatisfied. I smirk and she rests her chin on the tub's edge looking defeated. She whines and slips out of my grasp and to the opposite side of the tub. I reach for her but she bounds to the other side.
“Ellie please,” I beg. She sits in the other corner for a minute giving me a blank stare. Then she gets up, turns to the side and flicks water at me with her tail. I sputter as she gets up on the edge of the tub and licks my face. Ah, payback. She slips back in and lays down belly up in the tub.
After I finally got her clean I put her in a basket filled with warm towels. The next day I found her snoozing in it. As I step closer to pick her up her ears pick and she opens her eyes. Head covered with a towel she gets up and stretches.
“Have a nice cat nap?” I coo like I'm talking to a real animal. She hops out of the basket and weaves between my legs then “accidentally” claws my foot as she's walking over them.
That day she kept fussing with her ears and whining. I looked at her questioningly and she runs out the the room. She comes back with the newspaper in her mouth and pushes it onto my lap. I open it up and flip through till she paws at one page. I look to see she's pawing at a veterinarian ad. “Hon, I don't know if that's a good idea...” She whined and stood on her hind legs in my lap, pawing at my shoulder. “They could figure you out.” She gets down and paws at her ears and whines. “I...guess, if you promise to behave.” She hops around me and nuzzles my faze purring in my ear and I take that as a promise. “You'll have to act like a pet and take being treated as one.” She curled her tail around my arm in compliance.
Later in the train with her in a pet carrier beside me I come upon a problem, in the form of a brunette. She gets on the train, spots me and gives me a sultry look. She sits down next to me and begins making conversation, flirting and touching me as much as possible. I glance to see Ellie napping in her crate. I say something completely not humorous and she bursts out laughing, waking up Ellie.
“Ohh did I wake up your cat, sorry hehe” she cooed.
“It's fine,” I return.
“She's so cute!” The brunette leans over, puts one hand on my knee and pokes her finger in the cage, pressing her chest to my legs. The cat is standing in the corner glaring at the wiggling finger, sitting dignified. I try to give her a helpless look but the woman's hair blocks her view of me. The woman removes her finger and then just stares at Ellie.
“What breed is she?”
“Uh...a rare breed, some mix I can't pronounce.”
“Ohhh,” the woman puts her finger to her mouth and glances up at me with another sultry look. Suddenly I see Ellie nuzzling against the cage door and purring. The woman goes, “Aw I think she likes me!” and starts petting Ellie through the door. Ellie's eyes are shining with mischief and I have no clue what game she's playing. Suddenly Ellie attacks the fingers petting her, hissing and clawing at them. The woman jumps up, shocked and moves to a seat in the back. I look into Ellie's cage to see her lying down, menacingly staring forward.
Once we make it into the veterinarian's office and I finally coax Ellie out on to the table, the vet walks in. A young male in his early twenties with wavy light hair and a tan greets me with a meek hand shake.
“So what's the problem with your cat?”
“Somethings wrong with her ear.”
“Lets see whats up there then. Oh she's beautiful!” Ellie sits with her tail wrapped around her feet and tips her head to the side, gazing at the doctor. As soon as he stands by the examination table, she starts to walk back and forth grazing and nuzzling at his crotch. I stare at her in disbelief and the vet laughs, “She's friendly too huh?”
“You'd be surprised,” I mumbled. She curled her tail around his arm and licked his other hand. Finally she sat nice and pretty on the table and let the doctor work, purring loudly.
“It seems she's got water in her ears, you have to be careful when bathing cats,” The vet said petting the ever purring Ellie. I nodded and he handed me some ear drops.
“Thank you,” I said stiffly and the doctor walked out smiling. Once the door shut I turn my eyes to her but her back is turned. I sigh, “Always so sassy.”
We get home and Ellie disappears, probably mad at me for the flirting woman on the train. I wake up the next morning to find her lying on top of me, in her human form. Her naked body is sprawled out, her blonde hair spread out too. I smile, my wish come true. She opens her eyes minutes later, sits up, and starts scathing her ear like a cat would. Half asleep she crawls over to my face, nuzzles it and licks my neck. I put my arm around her and say, “Well, gooood morning to you too.” She sits up and starts rubbing her eyes, oblivious to the fact that she's now human. I sit up and kiss her softly so she finally realizes. She opens her eyes and looks at her hands.
“Oh,” she utters.
“Look down and give me your reaction as well.”
“OH!” She covers herself up with her hands and I laugh.
“No please go on I was enjoying it.” She looks at me blankly, almost with a look of fear then pulls the sheets off the bed, wraps them around her and walks into the bathroom.
Over the next couple days she acted odd. Our conversations were almost non existent, after awhile I stopped trying. She would shy away from my touch or get tense. She barely even looked at me. Her walks started to get more frequent and longer, getting in late at night. It hurt but I didn't want to push her.
One day I found her sitting, knee's pulled into her chest looking out of the window like she's frequently been doing. She's absentmindedly playing with a strand of her hair, staring out the window, seemingly at nothing. I decide its finally time to confront her, it's been a week. I sit down next to her and her only reaction was a look down at my leg.
“Sweetie, we need to talk.”
“Yes...” she whispers.
“Is something bothering you? Are you okay?” I ask reaching out to tuck her hair back so I can see her. Her body stiffens when my finger brushes her face.
“Did I upset you?”
“No..no...I just...” she trailed off looking at her hands.
“What is it? You can tell me.” I say trying to get her to open up.
“Well...when...I...” she stops and shakes her head.
A thought pops into my mind and I ask, “Is this about when we made love?”
Her body goes tense and she looks away, trying to hide the color that's rushed to her face. I've found the problem.
“Was it too early?” I ask worried.
“N-No...”
“What was wrong with it?”
She hugs her knees in and mumbles something inaudible.
“Sorry?”
“It was too real..” she chokes out, “And that woman on the train...I'm afraid she showed you...better...”
“God no Ellie, your the best, I promise you. And about it being too real...don't be afraid of our love,”
“I'm ashamed that I am, it scared me,” She whispers into her arm.
“I know it did... it may have been to early, I'm just so used to being with you, I remember it all and sometimes I forget you don't. I won't pressure you into doing anything you don't want to hon, I promise.”
“Okay...” she mumbles.
Hoping it will help I scoop her up and set her in my lap, holding her, trying to comfort her. At first she's tense, but then her body slowly relaxes. She keeps her arms to herself and tucks her head. For a moment all is quiet, then she pipes up.
“I don't understand myself.”
“You will in time my love, it just takes time.”
“I don't want to be scared. I don't know whats holding me back.”
“I don't know either.”
“I almost felt it was wrong...” she trails off. I close my eyes and say nothing, knowing why she felt that way. Time, I tell myself, time will make it better.
“I felt like...i was betraying someone, but that doesn't make sense.” She went on.
My heart started to beat faster and I prayed in my head she doesn't remember. My thoughts went crazy and I started to breath faster. I couldn't lose her again, I just couldn't! Ellie lifts her head and looks at me, “Are you okay Alex?” But I can't respond.

…..

I'm sitting in Alex's lap one moment and sitting on a giant tiger the next. A roar frightens me and I get up, “JESUS!” I run into the kitchen and try to hide. I look around and lamely choose the table. Heavy footsteps walk into the kitchen and the Bengal tiger looks around. It sniffs the air and finds me under the table. It sits down and gives me a look like, “What in the world are you doing?”. I don't move not knowing what to do. The tiger gets up and walks towards me. I sit there frozen, my mind blank with panic. I gently puts its large paw on my hand.
“Al...ex?” The giant tiger grumbles happily.
“Holy....” The tiger gets up paws down backside up, eyes mischievous. I get up from under the table cautiously. Once out the tiger pounces and lands on top of me pinning me to the floor. It sprawls itself over me, a loud grumbling purr erupting from its chest.
“Alex, this is scary, your a giant man-eating tiger...” I choke out the weight of the tiger compressing my air. It turns to me still purring and nuzzles my neck, giving me a big, wet lick on the side of my face. “Ewww,” I try to lift my hand to wipe the slobber off my face but the arms of the tiger prevent my movement. The tiger grumbles unhappily and flops its head back down on my chest. “You have to be quiet, they'll hear you...Alex...ALEX! Cant...breath...” the tiger had relaxed its body, its whole weight on me.
It bounced up and got behind me, nudging my head up. I sat up and turned around. He nuzzles my face, purring. “What am I supposed to feed you?” He walks casually over to the fridge and looks at the freezer door. I open it and he sticks his head in, pulling out a raw steak. “Raw meat?” He sits down and licks the meat happily.
“Ew,” I mumble under my breath. He stops mid-lick and looks at me. He gets up and walks over to me and begins to lick my leg. “Hey, hey! I'm not raw meat!” I protest.
He looks up at me with a tiger grin and goes back to his steak, thawing on the kitchen floor.
I walk out of the bathroom to find a tiger sprawled out on my bed. I sigh wondering how this is going to work. I crawl into bed quietly. The room is pitch black and I turn over on my side to face him and he places his paws on my hands. I fall asleep holding hands with a Bengal tiger. I wake to find him with his head and arms rested sideways on my stomach. I stretch my arms above my head sleepily and the tiger wakes up. It shifts its face over to mine and nuzzles me. “Good morning,” I laugh.
“Alex?” He turns his furry head lazily to face me. “What scared you?” He stays still for a moment then nudges my arm. “I scared you? How?” The tiger shakes his head and looks around, thinking. He looks into my eyes and places his paw on my heart. I know immediately. I take his huge head in my hands and say, “Your not going to lose me, I love you, I'm staying right here, I promise. Nothing and no one will take me away.” The tiger form melts away and Alex is there again, a sad smile on his face. I smile back and kiss him hoping he believes what I said is true.
He kisses me back but not as passionately as usual. He's very cautious and he keeps his hands at my waist. I understand he's trying to ease me back in, knowing the feeling of passion and real love scared me so. I appreciate it and slowly allow myself to relax. Soon I find myself being the one to ease my tongue into his mouth and I feel him smile as he kisses me back. He moves his mouth to my neck and I hear myself whisper, “I'm sorry.”
He stops and asks, “For what?”
“Scaring you with my fear.”
He smiles and shakes his head, “I scared myself with my own silly fears.”

Alex's POV

She smiles at me and looking into her eyes I realize how much she means to me. My existence would be nothing without her. She is, and always will be my world, my purpose in life, and I love it. It's hard to tell her, to put into words the love I feel for her. I want her to always be smiling like this, I want her to be happy and healthy everyday.
Suddenly a ringing sounds in my ear. They're calling me. I try to say something to let her know before I'm whisked away, but all I get to do is cup her face in my hand before I'm greeted by a bright light.
I squint, the world so bright now. I'm standing in some elegant, bright room. My eyes adjust quickly to the place I've been most in my life. I find I'm in front of a council and I give them a meek smile, knowing this probably isn't good.
“Alexander, good to see you boy,” a loud booming voice sounds.
“Hello, thank you,” I say trying to make a good impression on the High Council.
“We have matters to discuss Alexander.” A lighter, female voice sounds. The brightness covers all they're faces and I can only identify them by the sounds of their voices.
“Its about your guard duty. The angel your guarding is making little progress.” a thick voice explains.
“She needs to make more progress, her mission is slipping away.”
“We know what you two have been doing, and we feel your relationship has interfered.”
Painfully I ask, “You don't want me to end it do you?”
“We will see. If the situation does not get better, we will assign her a new guard.”
My meek smile falls and I look down.
“We've never had such a relationship occur when someone is assigned guard. It seems to be counter productive.”
“You must get her to find her mission and completely dedicate herself too it. She'll be happy then.”
“I will, I promise,” I say looking up at the large table.
“Mind you, if a new guard is assigned to her, you will get a new person as well, meaning your relationship with her will be long distance to say the least.”
“We do not wish to see such beautiful love fall, but her life purpose comes first, you of all people should realize that.”
“Your right, I've lost sight of...things.”
“Another thing has come to our attention. Her powers, they're much more powerful. We did not make her in this life to be so. She will end up, we see, being more powerful then even you, Alexander.”
“What does this mean?”
“Two things. One, those higher then us have made this change, for some reason. Two, your job will become harder. She will need much teaching. Once she comes to a certain stage, we will send down a more advanced teacher to help her progress. No need to fret you will still be her guard.”
“I'll take on the challenge sir.”
“Good,” he boomed back, a smile in his voice.
“May I ask something?”
“You may.”
“Would you know why she is remembering parts of her past relationship?”
“My dear boy, the heart never forgets. You may wipe clean the brain, but the hearts desire remains.”
“Will her heart ever...ever let go?”
“Fate will tell you that. Now I suggest you get straight to work, especially on her transformations, she needs to learn to break from them with her will, and become more then just a kitten.”
“Of course...” I say my mind else where.
“Thank you for you time Alexander, good luck.”
“Thank you too.”
Black fills my vision for a moment, then I feel soft sheets below me.
“Alex? Where'd you go? I was worried,” a soft voice asks.
“Sorry sweetie I was called.”
“Oh,” she said, realization painting her tone, “What did they want?”
“A turn in priorities. We've lost tract of your mission's progress.”
“Nothing bad then?”
“No, no, as long as we work hard my dear.”
“If you get ready, then we can start,” She said eagerly.
I give her a smile, “Yes, then we can start.”
“You sure no one will see us?”
“Positive.”
“Okay, now I just have to concentrate on the idea of wings?”
“Yes, imagine them and clear your mind of all thoughts.”
Sitting in the grass in front of me she closes her eyes and places her hands palms up, in her lap. Glittering gold light appears and comes slowly from her shoulder blades, wings following behind the trail of golden dust. The feathers dance in the breeze and she opens her eyes smiling, “I did it!”
“You did, that's great for you first try,” I say thinking how they said her powers will be great, “Now try putting them back.”
“How?”
“See if you know yourself dear,” I say coaxing her to use her natural knowledge.
She closes her eyes and lifts up her hands. Placing her pointer fingers on top of her thumbs she crosses her arms in front of her then flicks her wrists as she spreads her arms. Instantly, her wings disappear. I gape at her, that was highly advanced magic that she completed on her first try. I have barley even mastered that.
We practiced flying and she was a bit rusty, her wings would stop at random and she would start to plummet. Laughing when I caught her she would tap my wings and turn them neon pink or another annoying color, then escape before I can get her back. We got home after a few hours and I was ready to relax while she was eager to learn more. Deciding I can hit two birds with one stone I hand her a blank piece of paper and tell her to bring me a present.
Sitting with my feet up, reading the newspaper I've just opened she walks into the room. Folding down the corner I see her approaching with a box in hand. She places it in my lap and opens it. A baby kitten pure white is napping with a baby tiger, both looking serene. I smile knowing what she means and give her a tender kiss.
Later that night I realize Ellie has been in the bathroom for an hour. I knock on the door, “Everything alright dear?”
“Come see for yourself.” I walk in to find her with jet black hair that makes her blue eyes pop. Atop her head are flicking cat ears and a tail lazily swings behind her.
I laugh, “Experimenting?”
“Cat woman inspired me,” she said with a giggle. I smile and shake my head starting to walk out.
“Wait!” she shouts.
“Hmm?” I say turning back around. Blonde falls from her roots and the cat parts disappear.
“Watch this,” she says with a sly smile. She runs the sink water and touches her hand to the sink the water bends and twists, thins and travels in front of her. A wall of water, stable and unmoving stands between us. She moves her hands again and the water transforms into a dove. It flits around the bathroom then lands on her shoulder. She raises her hand towards the tub and a man evolves from the bath water. She points her hand to the man and the bird attacks, turning into a phoenix and breathing fire, destroying the water man.
I clap and she bows as the phoenix returns to the sink. She looks up at me and says, “I need an injured person.” I stare at her questioningly. “I think knowing how to heal would be highly useful...” She trails off.
“Mmm true.” Suddenly, a child scream sounds from afar. Ellie pushes past me and runs to the window. Before I can say or do anything she jumps out and onto the street. I run to the window to find she's walking across the street, disguising herself in a whirlwind of leaves. I heave a great sigh of relief and talk to her in my head. “Ellie?! What do you think your doing! That's very dangerous!”
“I had to help Alex,” She returns innocently.
I sigh and watch as the leaves go towards the park. A small boy sits there holding his knee. The leaves fall to reveal no one. Turning yourself invisible is also highly advanced holy magic, I find myself impressed thought I was told this was to come. The small boy suddenly goes tense, but in seconds a he stifles a giggle and he watches his knee. His eyes grow wide with enchantment and he laughs with joy. Suddenly a blonde girl appears sitting on the near by swings. Her hair blows in the wind and she's smiling.
She gets off the swing and approaches the boy. She keels down in front of him and says, “Angels are always watching, but be careful okay?” The little boy nods his head and she tussles his hair. He smiles, gets up, and runs over to his friends to tell them a tale they'll believe with all they're hearts.

…..

I feel heavenly as I walk back to the apartment building. I can feel the power growing inside me and it feels good. Walking in the lobby a man catches my eye. I find my walk slows when I notice the smooth caramel color of his skin. His head is hanged as he sits in a lobby chair. I keep walking as I can't help but stare. In moments his head lifts and his expression grows surprised, yet still keeps a shadow that pains me. I find my feet are glued to the floor when I notice his eyes are like light, melted chocolate, swirling about in wonder. It feels like hours pass as we stare at each other. I feel like approaching him, asking his name and I start to take a step forward when a voice calls my name
“Ellie?”
I turn to see Alex walking into the lobby from the elevators. I look at him and his expression grows questioning. I suppose my look of wonder is still on my face.
“What are you doing?”
“I..um..nothing,” I say giving a weak smile. I can't help but glance back at the man, who's face I notice has taken on a look of pain. Alex follows my stare. He takes my arms and pulls me to him, “Dinners getting cold.”
“Dinner?” I ask tearing my eyes from him.
“Yes you go up, I'll meet you there.”
“I... but why won't you co..”
“Please,” his face looked desperate so I complied and headed up stairs, taking one last glance at the strange man. He looks back and opens his mouth as if to say something, but the elevator door closes cutting off all contact.

….

Alex's POV
I try to control my anger while I approach him. He gets up from his chair, staring at the elevator.
“What are you doing here?”
He coughs then answers, “I live here.”
I feel my eyes light on fire, “Did you purposely move in because we lived here?”
“We?”
“Ellie and I live together.”
He looks down, “No, I had no idea. I saw her after I moved in...”
“Saw? You've seen her before?”
“Yes...she was cutting flowers from a window box...”
I remember the day I pulled her from the window. I look off into the distance not being able to stand looking at him.
“How...is she?”
I give him a sardonic look and he pleads, “Please, I want to know.”
“She's doing good. Happy and excelling her powers greatly.”
“Good, that's good.”
“Though...” I start wondering if I should finish.
“Though?”
I lean in close not being able to resist, “Some things bother her.”
“What?”
“Some caramel colored man with fangs, she wakes up screaming sometimes. She faints at the sight of blood and you can't pin her arms, even if your playing around.”
He squeezes his eyes shut and looks off to the side. I notice a scar on his neck, two dots, faintly discolored.
“Does that mean her memory is coming back?”
“Not if I can help it,” I sneer turning around.
“Wait!”
I freeze and shift my glance to him, wordlessly.
“Is she truly happy?”
I turn fully around and sigh. I look down contemplating his question and finally say, “She's certainly getting there.” He nods his head and heads for the fourth floor elevator, a floor above ours. I dispose of my rage as I push the up button. Funny feeling traveling up as your heart is sinking.

…..

I walk in the kitchen to see no dinner. I take a seat at the table, ready to get the truth. Why would he lie to me? Was he jealous? He was fearful of losing me, and I suppose I wouldn't enjoy him staring at some woman seemingly star struck. The door closes and I get up.
“I'm sorry,” I apologize.
“What? For what?”
“For staring at that man, it was rude and seemingly unfaithful.”
He laughs and takes me into his arms, “Always thinking of others. Its fine dear I'm not mad nor jealous. I'm sorry for lying to you.”
“If you didn't mind, why did you lie?”
“I...was afraid someone had spotted your Houdini act.” he stumbles.
I sigh into his shoulder and kiss it breaking our embrace.
“I'll cook tonight,” I say with a smile.
“Fine with me sweetheart,” he coos. I notice how perfect the tone of his voice is low, but gentle and kind, and not too low so that I feel I'm in the presence of some evil guy, but just a strong one.
“Maybe you could make spaghetti appear,” He suggests.
I laugh, “I'm not that lazy, besides I like cooking.”
That night lying in bed, I couldn't sleep. My mind wouldn't stop flashing the image of the man, his brown eyes melting into mine. I tossed and turned, Alex obliviously sound asleep. After what seemed like forever I got up and went into the bathroom. Not knowing what I went in here for I look around. My gaze stops at the shower and I remember the intimate time I had with Alex in there. It had felt wrong and the reality and power of the love I felt scared me, but now I smile. I sit down, put my head in my hands and sigh, wishing I could sleep. The images continue to haunt me and start to get really annoying.
I get up and run warm water in the sink, splashing it on my face. I look at myself in the mirror. My eyes are dull from lack of sleep and my hair is hanging limply. I hear a cracking noise and look up. To the right the mirror is cracking. It travels and splits, multiplying itself. An image of a brunette girl appears in the cracks. She's standing in the shower. I turn around, scream, and throw my hand in the air at her. Water rushes into the shower in the form of a spear or stake. Shards of glass fall from behind and I cover my ears and close my eyes. Opening them the girl is no where to be seen. I sigh and get up from my crouched position on the floor. I turn around to assess the damages of the mirror but jump back with a scream. In what appears to be blood are the words, “Stay away from him.” I cover my mouth and back all the way out of the bathroom
A body collides with me and I scream jumping around.
“Love?” A sleepy voice asks.
“A-Alex.”
“Whats wrong, what are you doing up so late?”
“The..the mirror in the bathroom...” I answer trying to steady my shaking voice.
He shuffles his feet into the bathroom. But who appears in the light isn't Alex. It's the man from the lobby, dressed in nothing but pajama bottoms. He looks at the mirror and nods his head, “Yup, this is about right.”
“R-right? W-who are you?” I say starting to back away from the bathroom.
“Why love its me, I'm your boyfriend don't you know?” He turns around with fangs in his mouth. Large, white and sharp. Suddenly he walks in toward the mirror and I lose sight of him. I walk in towards the bathroom to see where he's gone. I come upon him face pressed up against the glass of the mirror. He's licking the bloody writing. He pulls away and goes. “Mmm tastes just like you smell.” He gets off of the counter and comes towards me, blood covering his face. He brushes my hair aside and whispers, “Just let me have a taste love.” I feel him lick the nape of my neck and I'm about to protest when I feel his fangs sink into me.

Alex's POV
I wake up to hear Ellie crying at the end of the bed. I scramble over to her, “Whats wrong dear?”
“I … I thought it was just...just a dream..” she whispers frightened.
“What do you mean?” I say turning on the light. Coming back to her side I realize she's holding her neck with both hands. Blood is seeping through her fingers.
“My god Ellie what happened?” I ask taking her hands away. Two holes punctured in the nape of her neck, fresh blood still trickles from it.
“I thought ...it was just a dream...” she mumbles again.
“Jesus, who did this?” I ask running into the bathroom and grabbing a cloth. I come back and press it to her wound gently.
“It...was dark and I...I was confused...there was a...person...at first I just saw her forehead... she had brown hair... I felt a pain in my neck and I tried to scream but she...covered my mouth. I...I thought of the only thing I could do...I sent a water stake to her...but somehow she dodged it...she...she hissed at me, blood was all over. She had f-fangs. She was about to come at me again when...when a man jumped through the window and dragged her away...” she stuttered, crying and shaking.
“Did you see the man?”
“He had..dark hair...that's all I saw...” She started to cry more.
I gathered her up in my lap dropping the cloth, “Shh, shh its all gone, I'm here, I'm here. Its over.”
“It was so..scary, I thought I was going to die!” She whispered. I place my hands just above her wound and start to heal it.
Comforting I say, “Your alive, I got you, don't worry.”
She buries her head into my chest and wraps her arm around my torso, pulling herself closer.
Her breathing slowed and I carried her to bed. I sat up in bed with her sleeping in my lap all night long. I couldn't go to sleep knowing someone had broken in and bit her. Was it Jeff? Who was the girl? I suppose I can ask him, knowing where he lives now. I don't think I could walk into that apartment without trying to tear his head off though. He may have taken the lady draining Ellie away, but I feel he was responsible somehow.
I went to the hardware store the next day to buy locks for the windows. I took Ellie with me. She wore a soft pink dress with her hair down. People tended to stare at her, deep down sensing what she was. Oblivious to the fact she walked down the isles looking around like a curious child. I noticed some people stared at her in different ways, usually guys staring at her skipping around the store, her long blonde hair bouncing around. At these times I'd take her hand and lead her down different isles. I've gotten so used to her beauty until today, getting out in public and seeing how others react around her.
I smile to myself remembering how the checkout boy tried to flirt with her and gave her sultry looks but she was completely oblivious. She held my hand as we walked away and I look back to see him moping at his register. When we got back home I immediately started to install the locks. She sat and watched me and at one moment she giggles. I look at her with a smile, “What?”
“You look like a construction worker,”
“Is that a compliment?”
“Um...yeah” she said with a laugh.
“Haha obviously its not.”
“No no really! You look...strong.”
“Strong?”
“Mhm,” she said with a smile.

…..

He smirks and turns his body to me, “I don't just look it.” He suddenly comes towards me, lifts me up and runs into the bedroom. He lifts me up in the air as I scream and laugh. He throws me onto the bed and I laugh more. He throws himself on the bed and gets on top of me. I feel kisses on my neck and I turn my head to the side, closing my eyes. Opening them I see into the bathroom, my vision flits to the mirror.
“Oh my god no!” I say in a hushed whisper. Alex stops.
“Whats wrong hon?”
Tears prick at my eyes, “I thought it was just..a dream..” My stare fixes on the horror before me and Alex follows my gaze.
“Jesus what is that?” He asks getting up and going into the bathroom. He gets in and stares at the bloody message written on the mirror. He turns to me and asks, “Did you dream this?” I nod my head, my voice gone. “Hon, I think its time to visit your parents.”

A week later

Settling into my parents house was easier then I thought. The only thing that was different was Alex had to sleep in the guest bedroom. Understandable for my parents who don't know much of our relationship except that we're “dating”. My earth birthday was coming up, I was turning seventeen. I always know when my birthday is coming. Snow is falling on the ground, pure white, and people are getting ready for Halloween, eleven days away from my birthday. I liked to watch the snow fall knowing each little flake was it's own unique pattern.
I was happily greeted back by my parents and friends. They asked me how I was and at first I didn't know how to respond. Was I good? If I put aside the horrific nightmare come true, then yes I was actually quite wonderful. So I'd answer that I was good. My girl friends cooed over Alex, making me blush, asking me all the silly questions teen girls ask one another.
The morning of my birthday I woke to a soft snowfall. The sun was out but wasn't harsh on the falling snow, allowing it to fall onto the ground, building the piles of snow all around. Coming out the kitchen I found a birthday breakfast waiting for me, prepared by my parents and Alex. I smiled and thanked them happily. I got ready for the day not knowing what was to happen. My thoughts flitted on surprise parties and family and friends coming over.
I walk into my room to find Alex sitting on my bed.
“Hello dear,” he cooed coming over and giving me a loving kiss.
“Hi,” I said as he pulled away.
“I wanted to give you your birthday present before the party,”
“Oh! Alex you didn't have to!”
He laughs, “I haven't even given it to you yet.”
“Still...” I trail off.
He leads me to the bed, “Sit, please.” I sit down and look up at him. He gives me a soft smile and says, “Ellie, I love you with all my heart. We've been together through it all, and every moment I spend with you, I love and cherish. I know our love is real,” he bends down to one knee and my eyes widen, “I love you so much.” He reaches his hand into his pocket and pulls out a soft blue box. He smiles, looks into my eyes and opens the box, “Will you marry me?”
My heart starts to race and I'm completely shocked. Marry? Marriage, like bride and groom, cut the cake and dance around, Marriage? I feel a smile grow on my face, I don't need to listen to my instincts for this decision.
“Yes, of course,” I say breathlessly. He smiles and a nervous laugh escapes his mouth. He slips the ring onto my finger. Its beautiful and simple, a diamond ring with a gold band.
He gets up and hugs me, lifting me off my feet. I hug him back and then he pulls me into a tender kiss. I kiss him back, “I love you so much too Alex,” I whisper into his ear. I feel him smile and he hugs me close.
That day felt like a dream. I was surrounded by love, friends, family, Alex, all showering me with love and wishing me happy birthdays. I felt the world had finally become right. Like maybe the crazy events of my life would finally stop and I could have a peaceful life.
Close to dinner time we started to open presents. One after the other, presents were opened, all containing wonderful things. I got books, jewelry and clothes. One present in particular was interesting. It was simply addressed to me with the “To:” space left blank. Alex was standing behind me and I saw his figure stiffen out of the corner of my eye. I opened the box to find a beautiful white sundress neatly folded in the tissue paper. Oh's and ah's all went around. At the audiences request I stood up and held it to myself. I couldn't help but smile, it was beautiful.
I kept the proposal secret, not wanting more of the lime light on me. I figured I'd tell them when everything was planned out. After the usual birthday festivities were over and most of the guest had left, Alex proposed we go on a walk around my old neighborhood. I thought it was a splendid idea and agreed.
“Thank you so much for coming!”
“Anything for my lovely niece,” My aunt replied kissing my forehead and walking out the door.
“Happy birthday Miss Ellie,” My uncle chuckled following his wife.
“Thanks!”
“Shall we?” Alex said placing his hand on my hip.
“Oh yeah,” I said smiling.

Alex's POV
Walking down the street hand in hand Ellie would point out places and recite a childhood memory with a smile. She was so beautiful and she would soon be my wife. Gladly I got her parents permission to propose. I hope to have a wedding in warm weather, I thought as we started to walk uphill.
“Oh and here at this park I met this boy that always wanted to play lava tag, but I just wanted to swing,” she said with a laugh, “I'd end up playing lava tag every time.”
Walking up the hill she pointed at a house with a rickety stair case leading up to a dark blue house, “That was the best house to go to on Halloween.” Snow crunched beneath our feet and her small hands were growing cold.
We continued to walk up the steep hill and once at the top she turned to a lamp post with a smile and pointed. I expected words to come out of her mouth but her finger slowly dropped, smile faded and a small gap formed between her lips.
“Ellie?” She didn't even respond.

…..

Staring at the post my breath caught. The same voice that came to me in the bedroom, came to me now, speaking softly.
“It's time you remember, look inside your heart and you will see.”
Images flashed before my eyes, months and months of life I only now just remember. Everything made sense. I felt my gaze drop and hands grab at my arms. I remember, I know. Jeff, oh god what he did to me... yet I still feel that pull at my heart for him. I still haven't let go. I never stopped remembering.

Alex's POV
Her head fell and I grabbed her arms, “Ellie? Ellie speak to me.” She finally came out of her trance and lifted her head slowly. Tears were silently pouring down her face, a look of horrific amazement set in her eyes. She bit her lip and put her eyes on mine.
“I...know...I know now...I remember,” she said choking on her tears.
I felt my grip on her arms slacken, what is this to bring? Oh god, what will happen now? She'll remember the night she almost died at the hands of him, the man she loved...or still loves.
“Ellie I....” I trailed off not knowing what to say. I put my hands on her face to bring her gaze back on my face, for it had fallen to the ground.
“It was... to protect you,” I uttered. Her lip quivered and she bit it again. She brought her hands up to my hands placed on her face. At first she simply kept them there, then she pulled my hands off her face. She released her grip, letting them hang in thin air, flabbergasted. Without another word she walked away.
“Ellie? Where are you going? Wait!” I called into the cold air, my words coming out as smoke that hung before my face. I started to follow her but suddenly she turned around and threw her hand up. A rush of snow swirled around her and I had to cover my eyes. After a minute through the now falling snow, I faced nothing but cold air.
“Ellie?!” I called looking around bewildered. Looking down I saw foot steps. Small boots leading farther into the park. I followed them and realized they were getting farther and farther apart, she had ran away from me. Finally the snow prints came to a giant cedar. Placing my hands on the trunk I look up to see thick green branches blocking the view to my fiance. “Ellie? Ellie please, talk to me,” I plead to the tree. I'm met with silence. I turn around and slump against the tree, sitting at it's base.
“I need to be alone...please,” a teary voice whispered from above.
“Ellie! Let's talk about this, I'm sorry I only meant to...”
“Alex. Go. Away.” Her voice was cold and she was choking on her tears. My face slackened and I walked away from the tree, knowing I can't push it any further.
….....

Sitting in the tree weeping I'm so confused and lost I know only to cry. What in the world is happening to this life? Why did Jeff do that? Why did Alex do this? Well he said it was to protect me but... Alex knew, he knew I was so in love with Jeff. If I had been conscious, I wouldn't have let him erase my memory...right? How awful to remember what it feels like to be almost drained of life by the one you love. I'm so confused, I don't know what to do! Where do I go, who do I run to?
I tip my head back and let fresh tears pour down my face, “Please, help me I'm so lost and...” I squeeze my eyes shut knowing what I want to say, “and lonely. I've been lonely all this time but I ignored it. I though I couldn't have been, being with Alex...” I trialed off feeling horrible.
“My dear, don't feel bad, these are your true feelings, do not be ashamed. I can help you, the time has come that you learn a bit more. Close your eyes and trust me my sweet angel.” I do as the calming soft voice tells me and I feel my body become light and tingly. A bright light floods my world and then, silence.

Alex's POV
Sitting in a swing looking at the cedar that's stowing away my love, I think. I want nothing more then to comfort her and for her to accept my warm love but, I know, right now, I'm the last person she wants to see. Looking at the cedar I notice the snow covering its branches is melting. Water drips off the needles like tears and I squeeze my eyes shut. She's in so much pain, and I'm not allowed to do anything. Suddenly, that place where I keep her in my heart tightens. My chest begins to ache and I hold onto it and glance at the tree. A bright light is emanating from the green branches. Ellie? What in the world is happening to her? I race to the tree, running as fast as I can, when suddenly my heart tightens more and I fall to the snowy ground in pain. I gasp and hold my aching heart. What- whats happening to me? More importantly, whats happening to Ellie? I try to get up but it feels like some ungodly weight is holding me down. Helplessly, I stare as an orb of light crawls it's way up to the heavens.

…...

Mystery Person's POV
“Sigh, this cave is so boring, when am I going to get released? Ugh, it's so stuffy in here, let me out! I've been a good little kitty, come on big man pleeeeasseeeeee!”
“Would you shut up already? Your not doing any good doing that,” I snarl from my cage.
“Hey, I wouldn't talk Mr! Your the reason I'm in this mess,” Anyia whines.
“Whatever,” I grumble. I've been locked away in this cage for who knows how long. But when I was in the outside world, it was 1744. Some stupid guy who thinks he's all high and mighty locked me away in this place because he got jealous. I was in love, and despite what my fellow demons said, it was real.
“Morscanis?”
“What?” I grumble.
“You should try it again.”
“No. It's useless.”
“Well what if we combined my...”
“No. Please be quiet.”
“But I'm booooreeed!”
“Your so whiney.”
“Do it.”
“No.”
“Dooo it.
“No.”
“I'll help.”
“Your hopeless.”
“Come onnnn!”
“No.”
“I'll give you a dog treat.”
“Would you really? I mean- No dammit!”
“Hahaha your still a puppy.”
“I'm a man.”
“Your a puppy.”
“I'm a man.”
“If you open up my cage I'll say your a man...” Anyia coos.
“If it'll get you to be quiet fine.”
“Yay! You can do it! You should have plenty of energy!”
“Let me concentrate.”
“Yes master.”
I close my eyes and concentrate on the thought of the cage door before me breaking. Minutes pass and nothing happens. Silence fills the cave and pours into every crevice. Suddenly her face flashes before my eyes and the sound of crunching metal erupts throughout the cave. Silence comes once more, neither of us believing our ears. Suddenly the sound of cracking rock pierces our disbelief. Sunlight fills the cave and reaches my wary eyes. A smile cracks on my face, we're free.

…..
Bright white. Pure white. This is all I see when I open my eyes once again. It's so bright, any human would squint and shield their eyes, yet I just stand there in awe. It's like a mirage, like a dream. I look around for any features but all around me is white. Slowly a simple room emerges from the white. It's made of wood, with a table in the middle and soft chairs surrounding it. I take a tentative step forward, “Hello?” I'm met with silence. I look around the bright, soft room wondering what I should do.
A soft knock comes from behind the door. It opens outwardly and a woman peaks in. She has long dark brunette hair that curls its way down to her lower back. She looks at me with serene blue eyes and gives me a soft smile. “Ellie, I'm glad to see you,” she says bouncing into the room and grasping my hands. She holds our hands in front of us with a warm smile on her face. “It's been so long!” she exclaims.
“I...I...” I stumble.
“No need to try and remember, its only natural you don't. I am Lady Fate.”
“L-lady Fate...” I test.
“Yes, yes! I've been the one showing you your memories!”
I look up into her eyes and suddenly tears start to trickle down my face, “Mom?”
Her eyes widen in surprise and then become soft again. She takes me into an embrace and speaks into my hair, “You remembered! Yes, I'm your mother, I'm your mother.”
“Mom!” I cry into her shoulder. I clutch at the person I wanted so many times in my life to be there, the person I dreamed about, the person I wish I knew.
“Mom....I-I don't know what to do, I'm s-so hurt,”
“There, there, it's alright, we'll sort this out, it's alright, I'm here now.”
“If y-your Lady Fate, then you choose everyone's path, right? You choose mine as well?” I question.
“I have. And I've planned for this to happen, so that you may learn.”
“Learn w-what?” I choke through my tears.
“Learn to choose your own path.”
“W-what?” I say looking up at her, “Your not going to choose?”
“No, you are. You have two men who love you entirely and you cannot bounce between them. They need an answer, as do you.”
“I...but I...”
“It's going to be hard, we'll give you time to choose.”
“C-choose? You mean...” my eyes grow wide with knowing. My mom simply nods her head and hugs me, like she knows that's what I need most right now. “I don't even know where to start.” I mumble.
“Well, I can't say much, just let your instincts lead your way is all,” she soothes, “We've prepared a room for you to stay in until you can decide. There's no rush.” I simply nod. “I'll take you there now, you want to be alone don't you?” I nod again feeling guilty.
An hour later I'm sitting alone in a room decorated with soft linens and sunlight. It's so peaceful that it almost makes me forget the knots tightening in my heart so painfully. Sitting on the small terrace outside the room I hold my knees into my chest. Sighing I let my head raise from my knees and lean against the guard rail. What on earth am I going to do? How can I choose between these two people I love so dearly? I can't say I love one more than the other, this is so hard, I'm so lost. It's Alex or Jeff. Jeff or Alex. This isn't a situation where I can just weight the pro's and con's. Jeff was my first love....but Alex was my first serious relationship. I gasp suddenly remembering. We're engaged! I take my right hand before my face only to find an empty finger. The ring! Oh no, where is it? I never took it off! I must've lost it somehow. Oh how can I face Alex now? My thoughts are interrupted by a car door slamming. I peak through the bars of the guard rail to see a cream colored car pull away from the house.
Two men are standing before the house, seemingly talking to someone. One has straight, flowing blonde hair, the other has dark hair that's messy but it looks right. Oh god, “Alex?” I whisper to myself. No! Why is he here? Immediately I back away from the edge and press myself against the wall of the terrace. Looking around I notice the elegant stone walls of the building. It's so large, the landscape is too. I'm not in heaven, I'm in a mansion!

Alex's POV
I pull up to the mansion in a haze. I'm greeted by the guards and accompanied by one of the agents. This is how the show's run around here at the White Dove Mansion. It's in a remote secret location. It allows those angels on earth to meet and convene in peace and safety. It's used also as the residence of Ellie's parents. Little does she know her parents are powerful beings, who's jobs are highly important to the human race. Her mother is Lady Fate, the woman who chooses the path's for all mankind. Her father is very reclusive and isn't talked of much at all. Even I don't know his job. The man at the gate greats us with a serious expression and asks the usual questions, once we're confirmed he greets us with a warm smile and pats on the back as we walk into the mansion. They lead me into a drawing room and tell me to sit on the couch. I do so and stare at the hardwood floor, only thinking of her. Minutes later a warm presence fills the room, “Alex, my dear boy,” Lady fate greets coming over and sitting next to me.
“Hello,” I softly respond.
She puts a hand on my knee, “I know, I understand, just bear with us. She is here, but she's in her room. Her mind, as you can imagine, is in a state of chaos and she needs to make this decision on her own. I am not going to guide her.”
“What?” I look up baffled.
“This is a lesson she must learn, I'm taking all my influence away from her now for this decision alone.”
“What decision?”
“Her heart cannot be torn into two any longer. She must choose a singular path.”
I stare at her in disbelief. They're making her choose between Jeff and I.
“M-my Lady, Jeff is still in question? I thought that after his horrible act he would be...”
“It is her love, it is her heart, we won't choose what's right for her now,” She cuts in, “For now you will stay here, until she makes her decision. Then we will call all those in question here and let everyone's mind's be put to rest.”
I can only nod in response. She leaves the room and a man leads me to the guest bedroom where I've stayed many times before.

Jeff's POV
“Come on babe, lets gooo,” Melissa begged.
“I'm not in the mood to go anywhere,” I respond coldly. She tugs at my arm, her high heals clacking against the wood flooring.
“I'm not going, go on by yourself. Stay out of trouble is all I ask.”
“Fine, whatever. Your no fun.” I sigh once I hear the door slam and flop down on the couch. She's right, I'm no fun anymore, I don't understand how to have fun anymore. A knock shakes me from my thoughts. Grunting I get up and open the door, “Melissa I said I wasn't....Oh, sorry.”
“No need to apologize,” a man with flowing blonde hair replied warmly. By his smell I could tell he was one of her kind.
“Um, your a...”
“Yes, yes, I've come to escort you to White Dove Mansion.”
“White Dove Mansion? I'm sorry, I don't understand...”
“You will once you come, I'll explain it on the way there. Please, trust me.” He smiled, his pure blue eyes crinkling. Sensing no danger I go along, foolishly hoping that this man could lead me to happiness.

…...
I know. I know what I need to do. I've followed my head and my heart and have come to a conclusion. I'm ready. Or so I think.
….....
♠ ♠ ♠
- Ellie chooses neither Jeff nor Alex and decides to go off to Ireland, to work on her mission.
-The mystery person (Morscantis) is a dog demon from Ellies past life who had fallen in love with her but Alex sealed him up in the cave along with his friend, the cat demon, Anyia.
- He finds Ellie alone in Ireland, by a misty lake and confronts her. She doesn't know that he's been in love with her in her past life, but senses he's a demon. She tries to attack him but he defends himself, saying that he means no harm. 
- Morscantis is the air to the Demon king throne and wants ellie to be the queen with him (he doesn't let her know this) because of her powers
- At first Ellie is reluctant at the dog demon who makes a point to see her everyday somehow, but she soon falls for him against her insticts.
- He's evil, and he likes to tease Ellie, but he doesn't mean it to torture her, he thinks it's fun.
-The Demon king orders ellie to the castle to be transformed into the queen
-Moriscantis says he's taking her to his fathers house, which is pretty much true but still a lie
-In order for Ellie to become Demon queen her soul must be corrupted.
-Alex and jeff back in the mansion are alerted to her situation. (They've been held in the castle because of Ellie's decision and because the Highers want them out of the way so that their plan works out)
-The two boys work together, find the demon kings castle, battle with Moriscantis, win and find ellie fighting her soul becoming impure.
-Ellie overcomes the blackness in a feat of true power (any ordinary angel would be taken over in an instant)
-Ellie awakens to her true idenity and her lifes mission is revealed
-She is literally Love in human form and it has always been her purpose to spread and grow love in the human world. It's also shown that in order for her to do her mission she can never be truly anyones and calls off the engagement with Alex
- Ellie decideds to keep all her memories and friends relations with all her loves (except Moriscantis) 
- It is revealed that her father is the angel of Emotion, so if you get it Fate and Emotion made Love (hehe)
- As she is about to reveal her true idenity to Alex and Jeff, she suddenly wakes up in a hospital room
-Her parents rejoice, she's finally awoken from the comma she's been in for three months
-When they were heading up to her grandpas, they got in a car crash and everyone was okay besides her
-It turns out everything that's happened so far was a dream she had during the comma
-Her name is Ellie but she has light brown hair and blue eyes
-Her parents tell her about the accident and whats been happening and they reveal that today is her seventeenth birthday
-Suddenly a boy walks in saying that he is her boyfriend, they go on a walk through the hospital and he tells her that they started to go out a month eariler and that he's waited for her to wake up for three months
-Her boyfriend is a combination of all three of her lovers in her coma dream (Jeff, Alex and Moriscantis) He contains features from them and personality traits
-It turns out the order she fell in love with the boys was the order she fell in love with the different aspect of her boyfriend, who's name is James.
-He has the tanner skin like Jeff and the sweet romantic side like Jeff. He has the messy black hair and deep blue eyes like Alex, he's a protective, mature, but still a perv (:P). He's has an evil side that likes to tease Ellie playfully but in a loving way, and but he has the loyalty like the dog did as well.
-At the end of the hallway they sit on a hospital bench, bathed in sunlight, and James puts his arm around Ellie, who's in shock.
- He whispers "I love you Ellie, welcome back" in her ear softly and then Ellie has her very first kiss after waking up from her coma
with the boy of her dreams