Status: In Progress

9 1/2

Part 11.

"Rose, we really need to talk." The Doctor rubbed his face with both hands, trying to clear his mind. "Something is obviously not right here."

She tucked a blond lock of hair behind her ear. "I don't know. Other than being stuck here, I'm pretty happy with out situation." She played. He leaned up against the wall and she mimicked him, grabbing his hand, as well. "What's the last thing you remember, Doctor?"

He turned so that only his head was facing her. They were not a foot apart from one another. "I remember you coming back to save me." He squeezed her hand. "I remember you being in so much pain and I ended up saving you. I remember kissing-"

Rose leaned in, interrupting him with a kiss. Her heart fluttered and her lips felt so warm against his. He snaked his fingers though her think hair and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. She sighed heavily, closing her eyes and wrapping her arms around his neck.

The two sprang apart at a knock on the wall beside them. Doctor John stood there, looking defeated. "They're coming. You two should probably come back to the TARDIS."

___

"Who's coming?" The Doctor inquired.

"I don't know who they are." The Doctor snapped. "Things like that old lady that Rose and I ran in to earlier. The TARDIS picked them up."

"I saw her, too. She said I was the 'other' Doctor. They know there's two of us. That can't be good."

"Why not?" Rose asked.

The Doctors turned to Rose. "There can only be one of us, Rose. Just like when you saved your father. It was a fixed point. Well, we have to regenerate or die. It must happen."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for waiting!