Status: In Progress

9 1/2

2.

Looks like you need a Doctor…

“Ro- Rose? ROSE!” The Doctor flailed around, waking. “Rose?” But she wasn’t there when his eyes shot open.

The room around him was dark, but some light filtered in from the dusty, moth-eaten curtains. He was laying in a queen-sized bed that was stripped down to it’s stained mattress, which had holes in it. The frame work was worn and broken in places.

He swung his legs over the side of the bed and placed his feet on the floor. There was about three inches of water on the floorboards, drowning his black leather shoes. “Oh, Damn…” He muttered to himself.

He stomped to the door, sloshing dirty water onto his pants, and tried to open it. It was locked. He looked for his sonic screwdriver, but couldn’t find it- Thats when he realized just what was so wrong.

He was alive.

Alive!

The Doctor scrambled over to the dusty vanity mirror to look at himself. His thin lips were set apart in astonishment, he ran his fingers through his short dark hair, and felt his floppy ears. “I’m alive…” A smile spread across his face.

He made his way back over to the door and pushed on it. Because of it’s age, the lock only stuck for a moment, then the door fell in, floating on top of the water. The Doctor pushed it aside and started down the hallway searching for his TARDIS and Rose.