Status: In Progress

9 1/2

5.

The Doctor walked down the bizarre, maze-like hallways until he got to a kitchen. Or, what was supposed to be a kitchen. The plastic fruit in the bowl on the counter had plastic rot and plastic mold on it. Peculiar, it smelled like disinfectant in the room.

He noticed some ripples coming from behind, so he turned to greet the new comer with a smile on his face. "What can I do for you?"

An old woman stood in the pantry doorway. The same one that he saw, only moments ago, trudge into the room with Rose and the other Doctor. Her grey curly hair looked like a plastic wig, and her beady eyes were narrowed. "Who. Are. You?" She questioned in a growl.

The Doctor fished through the pockets of his leather jacket for his psychic paper, but couldn't find it. "Well, I'm the Doctor."

"The other Doctor?" She hissed. Her teeth were sharp, and her bones were creaking. "Two Doctors."

He chuckled, "No, the Doctor. Singular. Uno. One."

"Two Doctors." The woman took a step back and closed the door. The Doctor wrenched it back open, but she wasn't there anymore.

_____

"Rose, calm down. She's gone." The Doctor leaned leisurely against the wall of the hallway with a half smile on his face. Of course, there really wasn't much to smile about. He was stuck in thought and worried for Rose's safety, but she was amusing him a bit. "You're not going to find her."

"Nothing just disappears, Doc." She walked back to him and snatched the sonic screwdriver out of his hand. She fiddled with the switch a bit. "How do you make it reverse a transporter?"

He picked the device back from her grasp with two fingers, "I've already tried that. She didn't transport, she vanished. Since we don't know what she is, or where we are, I think it's very safe to assume that she can do that."